Basically I want the keyboad to just input whatever character each key can give me with the alt button, but by long pressing. Long pressing currently capitalises. Anyway to change that?
    12-18-18 07:03 AM
    Basically I want the keyboad to just input whatever character each key can give me with the alt button, but by long pressing. Long pressing currently capitalises. Anyway to change that?
    You can setup Word Substitution so that when you double press the letter key the associated alt symbol will be inserted. See screenshot.
    12-18-18 07:49 AM
    BlackBerry phones have always entered Upper case letters with long press.

Why don't you just lock ALT by keeping it pressed for 2 seconds (or double click it) and then you're good to go by directly inputting alternate characters using keyboard.
    Will that work for you?
    12-18-18 08:01 AM
    Heyy thanks for replying. This won't work for me, I ask this because I also speak Arabic, and one form of typing in Arabic other - than using actual Arabic letters- is using English letters and numbers to make up words.
    So if I were to say "come to me now" it would be "ta3a la 3endi halla2". So there's numbers in the mix as well with a lot of words, so a short press to input numbers instead of capitalising would make it more convenient.. I'm pretty sure this was possible on old blackberrys!
    12-18-18 05:07 PM
    I think you can also use Word Substitution, which will do more than enough.

I often type Aoa which translates to السلام علیکم or ws as وعلیکم السلام. Saying that you can easily convert the common words you use, like Taa to Ta3a. My word substitution library has a lot stuff in it and it's ever growing.

Either ways why can't you just press Alt twice quickly and it locks the keyboard to use the numbers / characters behind and then Alt once to get back to normal. Single character input is pretty easy, you just haven't got used to it.

Any how, I hope you find a solution.
    12-20-18 03:06 AM