Guys,

After seeing n number of threads on key2, I have received mixed feelings.. As I can't afford the device, I thought I can buy passport or classic..and I posted threads in those respective threads and received mixed opinions like I have also seen here in key2...

To summarize my passion about mobile, I like typical bbos 9900 device.. a keyboard, a trackpad and a phone which can be operated one handed with little effort...

Even though bbos is expired, bb10 is on the same path already, I thought of buying key2 though it is too expensive for my budget though I can manage in a monthly installments..

However, i'm quite upset with many negative reviews, which are highlighting that Blackberry android devices are following a nice systematic technique to grab money from blackberry old fans.. That is the reason why are these hyping prices

Other than that, n number of people are complaining about camera, performance and quality, So I was in a doubt if I need to really buy in monthly installments which there are many complaints ..

So, my request to you... Can I buy key2 or not?

Just to inform, I'm blackberry die hard fan and currently using honor 7x..which is okay but I'm not liking... I like typing on keyboard... I like hub... I like to be different and unique..

So, please suggest if I can still but key2 or passport which I can buy? Kindly consider passport is just available at 20% of key2 price here ..

Thanks
    Byrese likes this.
    12-27-18 02:56 PM
    Buy any Key device within your budget... Or stay with your current device...
    Byrese likes this.
    12-27-18 03:00 PM
    Buy any Key device within your budget... Or stay with your current device...
    we dont have any key device other than bb10 or key series? Don't give multiple options when we don't have actually
    12-27-18 03:11 PM
    we dont have any key device other than bb10 or key series? Don't give multiple options when we don't have actually
    KEYone, Key2 or Key2 LE if PKB. I have no idea what’s available in your country. I’m not there and have no idea what people have also imported from other countries grey market...
    12-27-18 03:41 PM
    Also do not want to tell you put yourself in a payment plan you might regret. It really comes down to what you want to spend today. Classic is a great typing phone and great phone call phone. If you want to or plan to get into android newer phone Blackberry KEY² is great. The camera is way better then a classic. I feel it's great others call it down. I know if you get a good working Blackberry KEY² you will be happy. Not sure you will be happy making payments on a phone that can be easily stolen or broken. That is your call. It's tough I know and coming here to ask makes it harder not easier. Good luck

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    12-27-18 04:12 PM
    KEYone, Key2 or Key2 LE if PKB. I have no idea what’s available in your country. I’m not there and have no idea what people have also imported from other countries grey market...
    KEYone..No I can't buy when key2 is released on top of that.. Key2 LE..no way due to limited functionalities when compared to key2..especially with complete avoidance of
    capacitive function...
    12-27-18 04:51 PM
    Also do not want to tell you put yourself in a payment plan you might regret. It really comes down to what you want to spend today. Classic is a great typing phone and great phone call phone. If you want to or plan to get into android newer phone Blackberry KEY² is great. The camera is way better then a classic. I feel it's great others call it down. I know if you get a good working Blackberry KEY² you will be happy. Not sure you will be happy making payments on a phone that can be easily stolen or broken. That is your call. It's tough I know and coming here to ask makes it harder not easier. Good luck

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    I know if you get a good working Blackberry KEY² you will be happy

didn't understand that.. you mean the quality of each key2 is different from other.. I just wanted to specify that it won't be a problem when it's come to budget.. I can spend money...I have enough money to buy many key2 phones right now..But I wanted to be responsible while spending money on mobile and I only wanted to allocate some % of money to buy a new phone...When phone works great, I never bother to pay the installments..In fact, I can buy a spare..But unfortunately, I'm not getting that clarity
    12-27-18 04:58 PM
    Not sure what you expect from this thread. This forum is dedicated to blackberry phones, don't expect any personal finances advises.
    If you don't want to spend over budget on Key2, go with KeyONE or KeyTWO LE or wait for a price drop of KeyTWO. Going back to anything older does not sound reasonable. To be prepared for the future, you should go with Android ecosystem. Any future upgrade will keep your app purchases and also BB apps are getting updates over time (not sure if BB still cares about old bbos apps).
    12-27-18 05:04 PM
    Basically I don't want to waste my money on a phone which is no worth and no value for my money.. I know key2 doesn't belong to that category, but I wanted strong confirmation and go live decision from you who are really enjoying key2.. if I get a couple of strong replies to support my decision to buy key2, I will buy right now..

Basically, I'm bb fan.. I have around 8 bbos devices with me... and a 2 q10 phones... Didn't use Classic or passport ever..I'm also in desperation to buy them immediately..I love typing, I appreciate call quality, I like unique design, I like gestures and I absolutely love productivity..
    12-27-18 05:06 PM
    All I meant was if you get one working properly they are awesome. As with anything some get ones with defects. This is not a warning just a fact. Pretty sure many more good then bad. I never really tell anyone to purchase because I don't want them to blame me if they don't like it. I really like Blackberry KEY² I will leave it at that. Even though bb10 is awesome it's still old and coming to end of life.

Sounds like your the perfect candidate for a brand new Blackberry KEY²
    12-27-18 05:07 PM
    Not sure what you expect from this thread. This forum is dedicated to blackberry phones, don't expect any personal finances advises.
    If you don't want to spend over budget on Key2, go with KeyONE or KeyTWO LE or wait for a price drop of KeyTWO. Going back to anything older does not sound reasonable. To be prepared for the future, you should go with Android ecosystem. Any future upgrade will keep your app purchases and also BB apps are getting updates over time (not sure if BB still cares about old bbos apps).
    I'm not asking for financial advise my friend, I need clear cut clarity if I can live happily with key2 when budget is concerned... and can I go for PP or Classic based upon my original love on BB devices
    12-27-18 05:09 PM
    All I meant was if you get one working properly they are awesome. As with anything some get ones with defects. This is not a warning just a fact. Pretty sure many more good then bad. I never really tell anyone to purchase because I don't want them to blame me if they don't like it. I really like Blackberry KEY² I will leave it at that. Even though bb10 is awesome it's still old and coming to end of life.

Sounds like your the perfect candidate for a brand new Blackberry KEY²
    Thanks, this helps! I'm just wondering if anyone got any defective piece..if so, what is percentage of that.. if it is more than 1% , then I won't go for that... expecting more replies from others who are using key 2 (square )
    12-27-18 05:11 PM
    You will never know by asking here. Most people who buy things that have no issues Don't go on line to complain. Only people with issue complain and some of them come on here. I'm sure hoping they sold more phones than the users here who have them. Otherwise it could be not long for the company. No matter what you do it comes down to do you want it and willing to pay.

Happy new year
    12-27-18 05:22 PM
    It all depends on what you can afford and get in your country. You're right Key² isn't perfect phone but then it depends on what is the definition of perfection in your books.
    If you're coming from BBOS and even from BB10, the hardware is a major upgrade in both Key² and Key² LE variants. In my experience, the only major issue is the Key² keyboard, if you're coming from a physical keyboard phone, as you may have typing style / cursor mode issues. Perhaps LE would suit you more and it'll be a little cheaper option. Camera does an OK job in good lighting but don't expect results you'll get from an iPhone or Samsung devices.
    In the end, if you want a physical keyboard, then you don't have many options. BlackBerry, made by TCL, still sells a good quality keyboard and most of us are digging perfection, hence there are too many negatives you see out there.
    12-27-18 06:58 PM
    Buy Blackberry Key2 128 GB dual SIM International version (all black)
    12-27-18 08:58 PM
    I'd recommend a key2 LE. It's cheaper on the pocket. Or you could get a used key2. Just be mindful of who you buy it from.
    babugaru1 likes this.
    12-27-18 10:00 PM
    my KEY2 is great.
    12-27-18 10:55 PM
    I'm planning to buy 3 months old uded Key2 (64 GB) from olx. Price will be around 428 USD. Can you please suggest what should I verify before I close this deal
    12-28-18 03:07 AM
    Please check this

https://www.olx.in/item/blackberry-k...-ID1qi2RD.html

and suggest if this is good deal
    12-28-18 03:10 AM
    Before going 2nd hand I woukd buy a K1.

You never will know how was used the K2.

K1 is a nice device and will suit perfectly your needs.
    12-28-18 04:28 AM
    Basically I don't want to waste my money on a phone which is no worth and no value for my money.. I know key2 doesn't belong to that category, but I wanted strong confirmation and go live decision from you who are really enjoying key2.. if I get a couple of strong replies to support my decision to buy key2, I will buy right now..

Basically, I'm bb fan.. I have around 8 bbos devices with me... and a 2 q10 phones... Didn't use Classic or passport ever..I'm also in desperation to buy them immediately..I love typing, I appreciate call quality, I like unique design, I like gestures and I absolutely love productivity..
    It all depends on what you need in a device. If you need several android apps, then you will need to move on to BB android.

If not you will be fine with a classic. Great phone for mail, phone and sms even today. I still sell refurbished classics as a hobby and there is still great demand. Sometimes people use it as second device just for the typing experience and have other full touch slab for media and photos.

I find the key2 a nice device with improved keyboard versus keyone. But keyone (certainly black edition with 4gb ram) is still great phone and now also better value if you can buy a prestine second hand device.

Camera on key2 is good when you have plenty of light. In low light it dissapoints.
    12-28-18 04:46 AM
    Please check this

https://www.olx.in/item/blackberry-k...-ID1qi2RD.html

and suggest if this is good deal
    Hard to say with the limited information and lack of model #, PRD # and the fact that none of the pictures show the device turned on. Typical red flags that point to not getting what you’re expecting or paying for. If you’re meeting in a police station, test out device thoroughly is all you can do but too risky for me.
    12-28-18 06:25 AM
    im gooing to test phone in 30 mins, is there anything that I need to specifically test
    12-28-18 07:30 AM
    Make sure that keyboard works as you feel it should. Do typing in word or notes. Maybe plug it in to make sure charging works well.
    12-28-18 07:34 AM
    anything else that I need to check
    12-28-18 07:46 AM
41 12