I'm just saying that the KEY2 camera gets a lot of hate and I partly agree with that (esp. When it comes to video recording!), but the Pixel 3 XL seems to suffer from its own issues, which in the Pixel's case are hardware-related (wrong placement of mics, for example) and it's even more expensive than the KEY2, while the KEY2 suffers from software issues which would be easy to fix with the right software engineers. So yeah, I totally understand why the KEY2 might not be high on your list when it comes to the camera, but the Pixel 3 XL isn't any better on the video recording side and it's not even easily fixable. And the speakers are bad too, given the pile of threads about the speaker quality.
    But again: I do agree that TCL needs to fix the KEY2 camera, the video recording is bad.
    Update: and you're also not going to like the Pixel 3 camera because it doesn't even save your photos: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/1...tos-not-saved/
    10-19-18 03:49 PM
    Hahahaha this made lol so much! You bought a Pixel 3 XL because the camera is supposedly better than the KEY2's? Well, not when it comes to videos!
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/1...gs-poor-audio/
    And the speaker ain't too good either. The threads are already piling up about uneven speaker quality and rattling on the 3 XL.
    There’s also the fact that for a 1000$ android phone, you only get 4GB of Ram... which is really in the low end of what is needed to handle Android. Hopefully for the Pixel 3, they can optimize Android Pie a lot more in the next updates
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-19-18 07:26 PM
    Yesterday I compared KEY2 and KEY2 LE photos side by side.

LE has the only disadvantage - it can't set higher ISO 1600. There is also small difference between these two in setting up the white balance etc. This means that the photos look sliightly differently painted.

In overall, the quality is laughable in both cases. Video is pure trash in both cases too.

The point is that KEY2 LE costs 1/3 less. So if you don't mind the swiping keyboard and rather care about the camera experience, save yourself some $ and take your gf to the restaurant instead.
    What were they thinking in Tcl?? Where they drunk when they tested the camera? Or maybe they were high....

Posted via CB10
    sandyhois likes this.
    10-20-18 04:04 AM
    What were they thinking in Tcl?? Where they drunk when they tested the camera? Or maybe they were high....

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully next time.

However for the KEY2 LE pricepoint I don't find the camera being too poor. It's quality is just on par with standard KEY2. From this point of view, KEY2 LE makes much more sense to me.
    10-20-18 04:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dunno about them being high, but drunk? Not sure, isn't that against Asian drinking standards?
    10-20-18 04:39 AM
    Hopefully next time.

However for the KEY2 LE pricepoint I don't find the camera being too poor. It's quality is just on par with standard KEY2. From this point of view, KEY2 LE makes much more sense to me.
    I totally agree with you!!
    10-20-18 05:21 AM
    Sigh. Big update for me, it's called Pixel 3xl.
    Yeah, I have been a huge BlackBerry guy for a LONG time. Probably the last person in my town of about 8,500 people to regularly buy new BB's. I was all stoked for the Key2, but, I can NOT go backwards, especially in the camera department. I still haven't decided yet exactly yet which phone I am buying next, but probably Android so I can get the virtual keyboard (which I love), the Hub, and whatever other BlackBerry Apps I like. I just want a better camera, waterproofing, wireless charging, and I honestly don't even think/know if a Key3 will address all these, let alone if they even make a " 3".[...]
    Can't believe they went backwards in the camera department.....
    Why do you insist on buying a new phone anyway? Why is the KeyOne not good enough for you any longer? What are your gripes with the KeyOne? I mean, if it's wireless charging, is it really so important to you that you can't bare to spend 2 seconds to stick a USB cable in the back of the phone to charge? Waterproofing will never take place on a PKB device, so you can forget that too. So what is it? I'm sticking with my KeyOne. Personally, I don't feel the need to upgrade to any device unless it has PKB. Now that the Key2 is not to my standards (camera (in low/artificial light is worse than on KeyOne + No upgrade of selfie cam + Space sounds like a fire cracker + Removal CTRL + No upgrade of the bad mono speakers which we have on KeyOne + Even more expensive/ crappy resale value among others + No 16:9 screen so that Insta content still looks as bad (cropped) as on Key1 + etc. ), I decided a while back I stick to KeyOne until Key3. Especially since we just got Oreo. So the bored factor is not there either due to the software upgrade.
    If Key3 will not happen by 2019/early 2020 THEN I'll decide accordingly. Probably Huawei or Sumsung. Besides, I'm curious to see what Samsung's folding phablets, 5G phones and Palm smartphones are all about. All the more reason to stick to my 4GB KeyOne until the phone really gets unbearably slow.
    P.S. I can see myself upgrade to Key2 ONLY when the price is E 500 for the Dual-SIM (in stead of E 700). Why? Because the resale value of BlackBerry's are crap and because I particularly don't like the weight of the KeyOne. It's too heavy. For E 500 the lack of hardware upgrades (as mentioned above) are tolerable.
    10-20-18 03:19 PM
    Why do you insist on buying a new phone anyway? Why is the KeyOne not good enough for you any longer? What are your gripes with the KeyOne? I mean, if it's wireless charging, is it really so important to you that you can't bare to spend 2 seconds to stick a USB cable in the back of the phone to charge? Waterproofing will never take place on a PKB device, so you can forget that too. So what is it? I'm sticking with my KeyOne. Personally, I don't feel the need to upgrade to any device unless it has PKB. Now that the Key2 is not to my standards (camera (in low/artificial light is worse than on KeyOne + No upgrade of selfie cam + Space sounds like a fire cracker + Removal CTRL + No upgrade of the bad mono speakers which we have on KeyOne + Even more expensive/ crappy resale value among others + No 16:9 screen so that Insta content still looks as bad (cropped) as on Key1 + etc. ), I decided a while back I stick to KeyOne until Key3. Especially since we just got Oreo. So the bored factor is not there either due to the software upgrade.
    If Key3 will not happen by 2019/early 2020 THEN I'll decide accordingly. Probably Huawei or Sumsung. Besides, I'm curious to see what Samsung's folding phablets, 5G phones and Palm smartphones are all about. All the more reason to stick to my 4GB KeyOne until the phone really gets unbearably slow.
    Here goes....
    I ski. A lot! Typing on a keyboard on a chairlift is not fun, especially when it's snowing and really cold, hence wanting a waterproof of some type.
    I need both hands with the keyboard, then my hands freeze.
    Also, the antenna/gps on my phone is goofy and it doesn't properly track my runs like even my Priv and other legacy BlackBerry phones did.
    As for the wireless charging, my brand new truck has the wireless charging right beside me, so why wouldn't I want to just rest the phone in there on my way to and from the hill?
    I am doing my research, and not rushing out to buy anything yet. Besides, half the fun is the shopping!
    Oh, one other thing, I used to be the "President" of a sports club, and used to email all the time. I have stepped down, and don't nearly email any where near what I so I figure I can trade off the keyboard for some other features.
    10-20-18 03:30 PM
    Lol, I have the note 9, just sold my pixel 2 xl.

I sold my blackberry key2 on swappa, and the guy who bought it "doesn't love it", so PayPal is actually forcing me to pay him back and accept the phone back. Pretty unbelievable

So that's why I was asking. I liked the Key2 a lot, but the camera is just trash compared to Pixel or Note.

Well it's arriving back on my doorstep Friday.
    That’s insane.
    10-20-18 03:44 PM
    Note 9 as most complete phone ?
    As in, most amount of features ? Sure, but most users don't even use 40% of the available features anyway.

As for "complete", well, if someone wants a phone that's more manageable in one hand then this is the last phone to go for, and of course if someone wants a keyboard, it's just not gonna do either.
    People who buy Samsung devices want all of those features. There are some that I found rather useful, and others not so much. It does offer absolutely everything a smartphone can ask for though. The pixel and the iPhone lack headphone jacks and expandable storage. And, the pixel just got wireless charging with the 3 series. You’re right, it’s not for everybody, but it’s for A LOT of people. Just look at Samsung’s sales numbers.
    10-20-18 03:48 PM
    That’s insane.
    yeah, he emailed me privately saying he doesn't love it. And after I told him I'm sorry I could not refund it ... because I had already refunded once to a previous buyer because she was not aware that it did not work on Sprint network...

He proceeds to go on to Pay Pal and file a claim that the phone "was not as described". PayPal froze $500 from my account. Pretty crazy. I'm quite sure I will get the phone back and it will not be in the pristine condition that I sold it to him in

I'm just going to keep it this time.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-20-18 03:54 PM
    There’s also the fact that for a 1000$ android phone, you only get 4GB of Ram... which is really in the low end of what is needed to handle Android. Hopefully for the Pixel 3, they can optimize Android Pie a lot more in the next updates
    Yeah, and the Pixel 3's 4 GB already beings to show its limits: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/1...ckground-apps/
    10-20-18 04:03 PM
    Waterproofing will never take place on a PKB device, so you can forget that too.
    You were saying?

/blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/
    10-20-18 04:22 PM
    Here goes....
    I ski. A lot! Typing on a keyboard on a chairlift is not fun, especially when it's snowing and really cold, hence wanting a waterproof of some type.
    I need both hands with the keyboard, then my hands freeze.
    Also, the antenna/gps on my phone is goofy and it doesn't properly track my runs like even my Priv and other legacy BlackBerry phones did.
    As for the wireless charging, my brand new truck has the wireless charging right beside me, so why wouldn't I want to just rest the phone in there on my way to and from the hill?
    I am doing my research, and not rushing out to buy anything yet. Besides, half the fun is the shopping!
    Oh, one other thing, I used to be the "President" of a sports club, and used to email all the time. I have stepped down, and don't nearly email any where near what I so I figure I can trade off the keyboard for some other features.
    I remember seeing your name/avatar lots of times when it's about a BlackBerry's cam and/or other poor stuff about their (new) phones. Your concerns were often concurring with mine. Since I'm keeping my Key1, I just wondered why you (or so many other KeyOne users for that matter) feel the need to get a new phone already. I totally understand your reasons now. However, giving the nature of your specific circumstances, I would already have migrated to a powerful slab phone that does most of what I want/need. It doesn't look like (given your circumstance) you currently need PKB phone.
    Boy oh boy, your après-ski indoor resort pics must suck big time with a TCL/BlackBerry cam LOL.

You were saying?

/blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/
    I hope you're right but I think it's wishful thinking. There might be rubber underneath the Priv's keyboard, but it doesn't look like it's completely sealed. Hence water/moist will find it's way into the interior. Even if they do manage to get is dust- and water tight, if that means we must go back to a mushy type of KeyBoard like on the PRIV -without much audible feedback- I for one, will pass on that device. In hindsight, having used the Priv for a year and a half, that was THE worst keyboard I ever used. Terrible feel (I stopped writing long messages on it and basically used it as I would a VKB phone: short messages/notes only). Both the Priv and the KeyOne are just too heavy for me at 192/180g. I'm really sensitive in that department. I just can't stand heavy phones in my hands/pockets. 120-150g is probably my sweet spot. Quite honestly, I find a firm space bar, stereo speakers and having a lighter device more important than a device that's dust- and water proof (I don't live in a "desert county" and never talk in the rain or under the shower LOL), wireless charging, or a device that gives me one and a half days of battery usage. I always have a small powerful super portable power bank with me anyways. On top of it, with quick charge 3.0 a phone is half charged in like what, 30 minutes nowadays? So personally, I think the large (and thus heavy) battery is an overrated "feature".
    10-20-18 06:32 PM

I hope you're right but I think it's wishful thinking. There might be rubber underneath the Priv's keyboard, but it doesn't look like it's completely sealed. Hence water/moist will find it's way into the interior.
    Ok, I never said you can dunk the lower half of the Priv in water and not have any issues. There is no seal around its keyboard, but simply between each key. As in, water can get in between the Q, A, alt keys on the edge and into the device, but it can’t get in between the keys themselves.

Even if they do manage to get is dust- and water tight, if that means we must go back to a mushy type of KeyBoard like on the PRIV -without much audible feedback- I for one, will pass on that device.
    That’s clearly why I said BBMo should study the Priv’s keyboard and not simply copy/paste it on KEY3. As I mentioned in that thread, the keys wouldn’t need to hide under anything therefore they’re free to use whatever room is necessary to give us satisfying key travel, unlike the Priv where BB was limited since it had to reliably hide under the moving screen.

Both the Priv and the KeyOne are just too heavy for me at 192/180g. I'm really sensitive in that department. I just can't stand heavy phones in my hands/pockets. 120-150g is probably my sweet spot.
    Sounds like the KEY2 LE is what you want, at 156g.

I always have a small powerful super portable power bank with me anyways. On top of it, with quick charge 3.0 a phone is half charged in like what, 30 minutes nowadays? So personally, I think the large (and thus heavy) battery is an overrated "feature".
    And that power bank weighs 2 grams lol? Obviously not. Better to have the weight of a decent serviceable battery integrated into the device itself than do like Apple always under the 2800mAh bar and needing to carry extra weight (the power bank).

Quick charge 3.0 aint no excuse for subpar battery life. A phone which is at 99-100% in the morning should absolutely last an entire day for a light/moderate user. Period.

They’re mobile devices for a reason...
    10-21-18 02:16 AM
    Compared to when the phone was initially released, camera is slowly improving. Best night shots seem to be on hdr mode. Still not as good at night compared to the k1, but it's slowly improving.
    This is one of the main reasons for me not upgrading to the KEY2. I don't use the flash and sometimes you just need the night shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera updates yet?-img_20181007_0026033.jpg  
    WT44 likes this.
    10-21-18 11:14 AM
    This is one of the main reasons for me not upgrading to the KEY2. I don't use the flash and sometimes you just need the night shots.
    Absolutely agree with you. If I could ditch the dual lens setup, and somehow retrofit the image senor from my K1 into the K2, I would. Better night shots (without flash) are much more important to me than the wide/telephoto lens setup.
    WT44 likes this.
    10-21-18 04:57 PM
    P.S. I can see myself upgrade to Key2 ONLY when the price is E 500 for the Dual-SIM (in stead of E 700). Why? Because the resale value of BlackBerry's are crap and because I particularly don't like the weight of the KeyOne. It's too heavy. For E 500 the lack of hardware upgrades (as mentioned above) are tolerable.
    Whatever you're drinking...I want some. Nevermind, just kidding.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-21-18 05:40 PM
    It has received 5 updates so far.
    Oh really there have been changes to the hardware on different phones but the actual camera app showing in Google Play store has only ever been updated once and that was in 2016 just under a year of its from it's launch in 2015.
    I use SuperBackup Pro and no camera updated ever been saved since I installed that on the keyone just after I got it I've now got the key2 and still no camera update. And according to the specifications for the app it is geared for the Priv.
    09-26-19 02:39 AM
    Oh really there have been changes to the hardware on different phones but the actual camera app showing in Google Play store has only ever been updated once and that was in 2016 just under a year of its from it's launch in 2015.
    I use SuperBackup Pro and no camera updated ever been saved since I installed that on the keyone just after I got it I've now got the key2 and still no camera update. And according to the specifications for the app it is geared for the Priv.
    The camera app is part of the OS - it doesn't update through Google Play Store.

Here is the update list:

3573 initial version
    3666 Jul
    3709 Aug
    3714 Aug
    3718 Sep
    3726 Oct/Nov/Dec
    3730 Jan
    3733 Feb/Mar
    3736 Apr/May/Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep
    hamilgs and sowhoong like this.
    09-26-19 07:45 AM