I've been a BlackBerry user for the last 10 years: 9780, 9790, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv... Sometimes combined with other phones.

Although I'm not a huge fan of small-screen-sized Android phones, I wanted to give the Key2 an opportunity to see how well BlackBerry devices have evolved since the Priv.

My first impression when I took the Key2 out of the box was very positive: it reminded me a lot to the build quality of the Passport SE, but... a week after I was completely disappointed because of:

- ... the bad quality of the mono speaker.
    - ... the TERRIBLE camera in low-light condition (the pictures of my old Samsung Galaxy S7 are infinitely better).
    - ... the keyboard. Nothing to do with the Passport's or the Classic's. Laggy swipe up function compared with the Priv.
    - ... the wobbly fingerprint reader / space bar. So ANNOYING.
    - ... the weak call reception.
    - ... the screen brightness (quite dim).

So... I returned it. The Key2 was a downgrade from my LG V30. The biggest reason for me to feel this way were the camera and the uncomfortable space bar compared to any of my previous BlackBerry phones.

I don't think I will buy a new BlackBerry again until they release a device with a nice camera for low-light photography, a responsive capacitive keyboard with a non-wobbly space bar and, if given the choice, a standard 16:9 or 18:9 OLED screen. A slider is the way to go... So I will keep waiting for a Priv 2.
    hamilgs and The_Passporter like this.
    10-24-18 01:24 PM
    OK.
    Hazo and nst6ldr like this.
    10-24-18 01:34 PM
    Thanks for sharing...

Bob
    10-24-18 02:00 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user for the last 10 years: 9780, 9790, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv... Sometimes combined with other phones.

Although I'm not a huge fan of small-screen-sized Android phones, I wanted to give the Key2 an opportunity to see how well BlackBerry devices have evolved since the Priv.

My first impression when I took the Key2 out of the box was very positive: it reminded me a lot to the build quality of the Passport SE, but... a week after I was completely disappointed because of:

- ... the TERRIBLE camera in low-light condition (the pictures of my old Samsung Galaxy S7 are infinitely better).
    - ... the keyboard. Nothing to do with the Passport's or the Classic's. Laggy swipe up function compared with the Priv.

So... I returned it. The Key2 was a downgrade from my LG V30. The biggest reason for me to feel this way were the camera and the uncomfortable space bar compared to any of my previous BlackBerry phones.

I don't think I will buy a new BlackBerry again until they release a device with a nice camera for low-light photography, a responsive capacitive keyboard with a non-wobbly space bar and, if given the choice, a standard 16:9 or 18:9 OLED screen. A slider is the way to go... So I will keep waiting for a Priv 2.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you, fingers crossed for you & the few others I've read in here wanting a priv 2.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-24-18 02:16 PM

Sold mine for the same reasons (except the camera, which I don't really care about).
    10-24-18 04:27 PM
    This is a simple fix for a loose spacebar which I posted in another thread

I did a quick cheap fix which consists simply of cutting a small rectangular piece of paper and stuck it in between the spacebar and the chin of the phone.
    All wobbling is instantly gone.

This is just an idea for those who don't feel like going through an exchange/repair process and want to get rid of the wobbliness as anyone can get their hands on a piece of paper lol and it doesn't involve tearing down the device.

I took a black marker and colored the piece of paper and now it's really invisible, can't know it's there even though it sticks out ever so slightly (about 1mm).

If you wanna go even deeper (the OCD), take two tiny pieces of paper and place them on each side of the spacebar
    10-24-18 04:36 PM
    Does the space bar problem affect all keytwos? I was thinking of getting one but now I'm concerned.
    10-24-18 04:41 PM
    Mine isn't wobbly. But yeah it would suck if you get one that is. Blackberry is defect central from my experience.
    10-24-18 04:44 PM
    Does the space bar problem affect all keytwos? I was thinking of getting one but now I'm concerned.
    It doesn't affect me. It does make a very, very, very soft rattling noise when you tap it without pressing (unlike the other keys), but it's not wobbly nor loose, it's really firm and sturdy, doesn't wiggle (despite the very, very, very soft noise) and just as clicky as the other keys.
    10-24-18 04:49 PM
    I just purchased a Black KEY2 from Best Buy October 12 and my space bar key is just fine. Mine does not have a wobbly or loose space bar key. The date of manufacture of my KEY2 is August 3, 2018.

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    10-24-18 06:18 PM

*Yawn*
    Bob80220 likes this.
    10-24-18 06:27 PM
    Rofl, reading replies, I forgot how salty BB fanboys are
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-24-18 09:38 PM
    Not all of them. Try to get one that is manufactured in august or later as they're probably less likely to have issues than first batch units.
    10-25-18 12:35 AM
    i have the exact same feeling as the OP...I think the Key2 only feels like an upgrade for those coming from legacy BB devices and maybe BB10 (just maybe) devices.

For the rest of us that switches phones every now and then , the key 2 is a major, major downgrade, even compared to phones that are 2 years old (s7 edge, iPhone 7, to name a few...these two phones still trounce the Key2 in almost all categories...)
    10-25-18 12:44 AM
    hopefully with the key3, blackberry mobile will overlook manufacturing standards.
    10-25-18 01:07 AM
    hopefully with the key3, blackberry mobile will overlook manufacturing standards.
    They already have with the LE
    10-25-18 01:16 AM
    They already have with the LE
    Is there a difference in quality?
    10-25-18 02:35 AM
    Is there a difference in quality?
    Well the LE hasn't had cases of a loose/wobbly spacebar.

Aside from the early SMS issues with Verizon (which have now been resolved), it's a really solid phone.

Reception seems a bit better than on the KEY2 and miles better than the KEYone of course.

I have a slate 32gb BBE100-1 model
    10-25-18 02:38 AM
    Yeah but the LE doesn't have the touch sensitive keyboard.

If you're already used to swiping up to complete words from your Key2, Key1, Priv or Passport, it would be hard to go back to tapping on the screen to complete words.
    10-25-18 05:55 AM
    Yeah but the LE doesn't have the touch sensitive keyboard.

If you're already used to swiping up to complete words from your Key2, Key1, Priv or Passport, it would be hard to go back to tapping on the screen to complete words.
    Yeah i thought the same but now that I got le for a few days have to say that it really happy with it and no issues at all. This little monster rocks and I can feel more trust and precision on the keyboard day by day and almost no look at it while writing right now... G.
    10-25-18 09:07 AM
    Well the LE hasn't had cases of a loose/wobbly spacebar.

Aside from the early SMS issues with Verizon (which have now been resolved), it's a really solid phone.

Reception seems a bit better than on the KEY2 and miles better than the KEYone of course.

I have a slate 32gb BBE100-1 model
    Do you still use your regular Key2 or are you in full LE mode?
    10-25-18 11:44 AM
    I noticed the space bar at first, but haven't thought about it, or cared since I first got it. in fact I haven't noticed any issues.
    10-25-18 04:24 PM
    Do you still use your regular Key2 or are you in full LE mode?
    I have it on the side in case I decide to sell the KEY2 (which I'd probably buy yet another of down the line lol).
    I actually just fired it up to update some apps.
    I very much trust that phone, just had to get my hands on a KEY2 also cause I regret selling the first one I had.
    The keys on the KEY2 are a bit more comfortable than the LE, but the latter has a nicer clicking spacebar.
    I stuffed a couple tiny but well placed pieces of paper (invisible when colored black) around the spacebar on my KEY2 and the wobbling is still gone, been about a week or so now.

Currently waiting for the Atomic LE
    10-25-18 04:46 PM
    I hope so... Otherwise they're finished
    10-31-18 02:57 AM
    The title of this thread says it all, as much as I love the phone, the crappy camera and the flimsy fingerprint scanner on the spacebar is what made me pre-order the Mate 20 Pro and will be selling this Key2 once I get it
    10-31-18 09:06 AM
32 12