If I remember correctly, Google announced that their camera software would be made available for Android smartphones. Does anyone think this might make a difference to the overall performance of the Key2's camera functionality?
    05-24-18 02:36 PM
    I personally thought the KEYone camera was good.
    05-24-18 04:38 PM
    What is dual camera do? The distance in between are so short that cannot be for 3d. Compensation for low light?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-18 04:44 PM
    If I remember correctly, Google announced that their camera software would be made available for Android smartphones. Does anyone think this might make a difference to the overall performance of the Key2's camera functionality?
    Google camera is good. But it only supports certain CPU, high end. That's why it is not working on 625. You can actually download it from apkmirror, but it won't be installed. However, I did read somewhere that it can be installed on 660. I would like to have it.
    05-24-18 05:06 PM
    Camera and all the other upgrades are welcome. Going to buy this beauty for sure!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-24-18 11:16 PM
    it better have OIS and good software
    05-25-18 12:12 AM
    The lack of OIS made k1 camera obsolete at launch. Blackberry is not known for good camera quality, it will be an uphill battle since Samsung, apple, Pixels or Huawei have excellent cameras. I believe the second camera is for the "portrait mode bokeh" and optical zoom. I hope at least one of the cameras will have OIS. Alex Thurber posted several pics shot on k2, but he's such a horrible photographer that it's hard to say anything about the quality
    05-25-18 12:17 AM
    The best ever camera in BlackBerry history.
    05-25-18 12:30 AM
    Google camera is good. But it only supports certain CPU, high end. That's why it is not working on 625. You can actually download it from apkmirror, but it won't be installed. However, I did read somewhere that it can be installed on 660. I would like to have it.
    Good to know these details - thank you.
    05-25-18 07:51 AM
    What is dual camera do? The distance in between are so short that cannot be for 3d. Compensation for low light?

Posted via CB10
    Bokeh - a way to blur the scene around the focused area; is one of the functions of a dual camera setup. This is essentially a way to simulate some SLR effects. This is why phones are now getting ridiculous DxOMarks (for camera versatility) as opposed to overall picture quality and sharpness (in my opinion). DxOMark benchmarks image quality for virtually all phones and cameras these days.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-18 07:59 AM
    Key2 has sensors from Samsung it appears. Basically the same as the S9/S9+ so that is promising. Should be a more than capable camera.
    05-25-18 11:08 AM
    I personally thought the KEYone camera was good.
    Agree.
    05-27-18 08:57 AM
    Key2 has sensors from Samsung it appears. Basically the same as the S9/S9+ so that is promising. Should be a more than capable camera.
    That's what they said about the KEYone and the Pixel, and yet...

Anyway, that the KEY2 has a Snapdragon 660 should allow it to use the Google Camera port, which should ameliorate the weakest link in the sensor-processor-app chain.
    WT44 likes this.
    05-27-18 09:02 AM

Anyway, that the KEY2 has a Snapdragon 660 should allow it to use the Google Camera port, which should ameliorate the weakest link in the sensor-processor-app chain.
    This is excellent news. Where do read up on this? And what do you mean "port"? Its not just downloadable directly from Google play?
    05-27-18 11:21 AM
    This is excellent news. Where do read up on this? And what do you mean "port"? Its not just downloadable directly from Google play?
    There's a few articles about it on XDA, taking the Google Camera app and applying the necessary fixes and workarounds to get it working on non-Pixel/Nexus platforms. Since it's unofficial, though, there's no single port for all devices. Once the KEY2 comes out, and assuming TCL hasn't thrown any wrenches into the works before shipping the devices (wrenches that can be taken out with root access, but this is a BlackBerry), then users can try out the different Google Camera ports to see if they work.
    05-27-18 11:33 AM
    There's a few articles about it on XDA, taking the Google Camera app and applying the necessary fixes and workarounds to get it working on non-Pixel/Nexus platforms. Since it's unofficial, though, there's no single port for all devices. Once the KEY2 comes out, and assuming TCL hasn't thrown any wrenches into the works before shipping the devices (wrenches that can be taken out with root access, but this is a BlackBerry), then users can try out the different Google Camera ports to see if they work.
    Thank you. You have always been a treasure trove of information
    05-27-18 11:46 AM

Did this turn out to be true?
    08-13-18 03:49 PM
    Did this turn out to be true?
    Dont think so, nope
    08-13-18 04:35 PM
    The problem with key2 is the lack of camera2api. Without them any proper camera app can't work better than the stock one. We have to push on tcl to this matter, and nothing else, it's not even useful to have a new proprietary camera app when a lot of good apps out there that could work out of the box with proper implemented api.
    08-15-18 04:41 AM