I found two bugs or missing features from key2 camera.

1. I can not take a picture while recording video. There is a camera capture icon next to video recording icon. But pressing on the camera icon while recording video won't do anything. Camera from KEYᵒⁿᵉ or priv allowed this, so I know that it is not a blackberry thing. Am I the only one with this problem? Or is this camera half baked with poor coding?

2. I can not control brightness anymore by simply sliding my fingers on keyboard with auto mode. I must go into setting and change it to the manual to use that brightness control. Again previous blackberries were not like this . Is it something with oreo camera? Or... again the poor programed app with rushed execution?

Everything else seems to be a lot better than KEYᵒⁿᵉ night and day though. :@

+edit : after few reboots, #1 problem is gone. I can take a picture while recording. But #2 is still there.
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 07-14-18 at 09:51 PM.
    07-14-18 09:29 PM
    Unfortunately, it's the camera app. BB/TCL really need to sort this camera out.

That said, on my Key2 with camera version 1.1.3573.0519 when recording video, I have a photo button in the top right corner I can tap to take still.

But like you mentioned, I can no longer use the keyboard to adjust exposure while in auto mode like the Keyone/Priv. I suspect this is because they have put the 1x/2x zoom key there.
    07-14-18 09:49 PM

1. I can not take a picture while recording video. There is a camera capture icon next to video recording icon. But pressing on the camera icon while recording video won't do anything. Camera from KEYᵒⁿᵉ or priv allowed this, so I know that it is not a blackberry thing. Am I the only one with this problem? Or is this camera half baked with poor coding?

2. I can not control brightness anymore by simply sliding my fingers on keyboard with auto mode. I must go into setting and change it to the manual to use that brightness control. Again previous blackberries were not like this . Is it something with oreo camera? Or... again the poor programed app with rushed execution?

Everything else seems to be a lot better than KEYᵒⁿᵉ night and day though. :@

+edit : after few reboots, #1 problem is gone. I can take a picture while recording. But #2 is still there.
    07-14-18 09:55 PM
    Hi, regarding the missing exposure control. Yes I though the same thing and thought this was a great feature for keyboard control.

However it is there, just go to the settings gear and switch to Manual mode. You will find new menu on the left appear in the photo screen.
    Make everything else Auto which just leaves the exposure control running manually. "Default is 0"

Hope it helps.
    08-19-18 07:39 AM

My wife has this same problem. I have been trying to figure this out. Cleared cache and even delete all info and reset the camera but nothing. It actually takes 1 to 4 pics while recording and them nothing. Close camera and reopen, takes couple pics while recording and then stops taking pics.

This issue only happens on 1080p settings. If I drop the resolution to 720p, I can take pics while recording video with zero issues.

Rebooted the phone and nothing, still issues when recording at 1080p 30fps and trying to take pics.

Anyone else having the same issue???
    12-06-18 10:29 PM
    My wife has this same problem. I have been trying to figure this out. Cleared cache and even delete all info and reset the camera but nothing. It actually takes 1 to 4 pics while recording and them nothing. Close camera and reopen, takes couple pics while recording and then stops taking pics.

This issue only happens on 1080p settings. If I drop the resolution to 720p, I can take pics while recording video with zero issues.

Rebooted the phone and nothing, still issues when recording at 1080p 30fps and trying to take pics.

Anyone else having the same issue???
    So no one else besides me having issue number one with the camera? Uuurrgghhh
    Yesterday 06:32 AM
    What build are you on? Perhaps some of the guys here are on different software version.

I don't have the first issue on any resolution. My phone is on build ABM517 and camera app is on 1.1.3726..1203.
    Yesterday 07:02 AM
    Dunno. I never really takes pictures while recording video, however, taking one pic works fine.
    Yesterday 01:04 PM