Love crackberry website, very cool and helpful, and I love blackberry so much as have proper keyboard and great for work emails and texts (sorry to see the Passport go, as keyboard was massive and cool).

Any Key2 uses had this error come up at all ??

When I click it, then I am taken to "Wi-Fi Calling" and then when I deactivate wi fi calling it goes away.

Weird
    10-14-19 03:30 PM
    Love crackberry website, very cool and helpful, and I love blackberry so much as have proper keyboard and great for work emails and texts (sorry to see the Passport go, as keyboard was massive and cool).

Any Key2 uses had this error come up at all ??

When I click it, then I am taken to "Wi-Fi Calling" and then when I deactivate wi fi calling it goes away.

Weird
    Just sounds like WiFi calling is not supported.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-19 03:50 PM
    What does not supported mean. Is that blackberry key2 that's not supporting it, or something else.
    10-14-19 03:53 PM
    What does not supported mean. Is that blackberry key2 that's not supporting it, or something else.
    What carrier do you have? Is your Key2 one that you purchased from your carrier, or is it an unlocked device you purchased elsewhere?

The reason I ask is because most unlocked phones purchased elsewhere don't support WiFi calling. I couldn't use WiFi calling on Verizon when I had an LG phone that I didn't buy from Verizon and it wasn't Verizon branded.
    10-14-19 05:15 PM
    More specifically, many carriers consider WiFi calling to be an "advanced call feature", and even though the phone itself may support it, the carrier has to enable it. Some carriers won't enable advanced call features on phones they didn't sell (in other words, "unlocked" or "BYOD" devices), and some even go so far as to only support those features on FLAGSHIP phones that they've sold you - they won't turn them on for low-end phones even if you purchased the phone through the carrier.

Those rules do vary by carrier - T-Mobile, for example, enables all of those features no matter what phone you use - so you'll have to check your carrier's policies. In most cases, this will be a carrier issue and not a BB or BBMo-related issue.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-19 05:36 PM
    More specifically, many carriers consider WiFi calling to be an "advanced call feature", and even though the phone itself may support it, the carrier has to enable it. Some carriers won't enable advanced call features on phones they didn't sell (in other words, "unlocked" or "BYOD" devices), and some even go so far as to only support those features on FLAGSHIP phones that they've sold you - they won't turn them on for low-end phones even if you purchased the phone through the carrier.

Those rules do vary by carrier - T-Mobile, for example, enables all of those features no matter what phone you use - so you'll have to check your carrier's policies. In most cases, this will be a carrier issue and not a BB or BBMo-related issue.
    With AT&T you must register the phone with them and then the full features work. A lot of people these days just slap in a sim and poof the phone works. The systems are advanced enough to pick up the new phone. Problem is while it works 90% of the time when things are missing. It is because of an IMEI miss match.
    10-14-19 07:02 PM
    With AT&T you must register the phone with them and then the full features work. A lot of people these days just slap in a sim and poof the phone works. The systems are advanced enough to pick up the new phone. Problem is while it works 90% of the time when things are missing. It is because of an IMEI miss match.
    I have not been able to get Enhanced Features for my KEY2 with AT&T. I did have VoLTE with my AT&T PRIV. My KEY2 is registered with AT&T.

I contacted AT&T when I first got my KEY2 a year ago this month to attempt to get VoLTE and WiFi calling. Bottom line is AT&T does not and will not support a BYOD BlackBerry KEY2 with these features.

Now, if you have a way to get these features with AT&T I am all ears.

Bob
    10-14-19 07:22 PM
    I have not been able to get Enhanced Features for my KEY2 with AT&T. I did have VoLTE with my AT&T PRIV. My KEY2 is registered with AT&T.

I contacted AT&T when I first got my KEY2 a year ago this month to attempt to get VoLTE and WiFi calling. Bottom line is AT&T does not and will not support a BYOD BlackBerry KEY2 with these features.

Now, if you have a way to get these features with AT&T I am all ears.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

This must be a account issue. Corporate/private. On my companies Corporate account the Key 2 has all the features you are looking for, I will ask my sons who now run the company to ask our rep for some input.
    10-15-19 09:25 AM
    Hi Bob,

This must be a account issue. Corporate/private. On my companies Corporate account the Key 2 has all the features you are looking for, I will ask my sons who now run the company to ask our rep for some input.
    I would be very interested if there is a way to get Enhanced Features with AT&T. I have made numerous attempts with AT&T Technical Support only to be told the same each time... no support for a BYOD BlackBerry KEY2 with Enhanced Features... VoLTE and WiFi calling.

Bob
    10-15-19 10:25 AM
    Hi Bob,

It has to be a business account thing. Even my carrier locked AT&T KEYone doesn’t get WFC but it does get the other enhanced calling features.
    10-15-19 09:54 PM
    It has to be a business account thing. Even my carrier locked AT&T KEYone doesn’t get WFC but it does get the other enhanced calling features.
    It would be of interest to know if a KEY2 on a business account gets the Enhanced Calling Features as opposed to us on a consumer account who do not. I don't require WiFi calling at this time but it sure would be nice to have VoLTE like the AT&T KEYone. I assume AT&T is still providing VoLTE on their KEYone... 🤔

I have a friend who works for AT&T in the business account department... maybe she can shed some light on this.

Bob
    10-16-19 10:04 AM

Tmobile is officially a carrier again. They are no longer the Uncarrier. They do not support unlocked devices when it comes to Wi-Fi calling ( or they say it bbmo's fault) and they no longer support native Google visual voicemail. There is a write up on here from summermoon on how to get Wi-Fi calling working on key2 with mobile though.
    10-16-19 11:12 AM
    I have an unlocked device (unlocked LG v30+) with WiFi calling (previously on a prepaid account, now on postpaid) and I use Google Voice's Voicemail. T-Mo had pushed out an update for their own Visual Voicemail that forwards calls to the T-Mo VVM, but you can go in and change the phone numbers to your GV number and you'll get your VMs through Google Voice again.
    10-16-19 05:26 PM
    It would be of interest to know if a KEY2 on a business account gets the Enhanced Calling Features as opposed to us on a consumer account who do not. I don't require WiFi calling at this time but it sure would be nice to have VoLTE like the AT&T KEYone. I assume AT&T is still providing VoLTE on their KEYone... ������

I have a friend who works for AT&T in the business account department... maybe she can shed some light on this.

Bob
    The word from our rep is yes only a business account get all the features.
    10-16-19 05:31 PM
    It would be of interest to know if a KEY2 on a business account gets the Enhanced Calling Features as opposed to us on a consumer account who do not. I don't require WiFi calling at this time but it sure would be nice to have VoLTE like the AT&T KEYone. I assume AT&T is still providing VoLTE on their KEYone... 🤔

Bob
    10-16-19 05:31 PM
    Thanks for checking on this. I'm getting together Friday with my lady friend who does business accounts with AT&T. I asked her today to look into this. I have no idea if maybe there is a way to slide my account over to a business account. It never hurts to ask... 😁

Bob
    10-16-19 05:44 PM
    Thanks for checking on this. I'm getting together Friday with my lady friend who does business accounts with AT&T. I asked her today to look into this. I have no idea if maybe there is a way to slide my account over to a business account. It never hurts to ask... ������

Bob
    Probably matters on where you take her out too.... No Burger King....
    10-16-19 06:58 PM
    Probably matters on where you take her out too.... No Burger King....
    In that she is a Venezolana we will have empanadas or arepas I'm sure... 😁

Bob
    10-16-19 08:20 PM
    I have an unlocked device (unlocked LG v30+) with WiFi calling (previously on a prepaid account, now on postpaid) and I use Google Voice's Voicemail. T-Mo had pushed out an update for their own Visual Voicemail that forwards calls to the T-Mo VVM, but you can go in and change the phone numbers to your GV number and you'll get your VMs through Google Voice again.
    Great. May have to try that out. It wasn't working with Google voice either but if you have it working I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up!
    10-17-19 03:16 PM