I activated my new Key2 on Verizon yesterday (activated the SIM in a VZW-approved CDMA-less phone first, which VZW tech support told me to do and which worked perfectly).

I use a Microsoft Exchange/ActiveSync account, which of course generally works very smoothly with BlackBerry (even on Android).

On initially using the phone yesterday and today, though, I noticed that the call history is showing all the calls but it's failing to show the "name" from my Contacts for those calls -- well, it's failing to show it for "outgoing" calls -- even though they were made by searching Contacts and then tapping to make the call.

For some reason, for the one call I made that had an outgoing call initiated from Contacts and then received an incoming call right away from that same person, in that case that call does show the contact's name in the call history.
    11-04-19 07:04 PM
    Might have to do with the HUB's limited access to call logs and SMS.

https://crackberry.com/hub-services-...-and-call-logs

Posted via CB10
    11-04-19 09:31 PM
    Might have to do with the HUB's limited access to call logs and SMS.

https://crackberry.com/hub-services-...-and-call-logs

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't seem to be it, but it might be related. I am getting names populating when I get an incoming call (unless that's from their own system "sending" it to me -- I have no idea).

And what's with this very slow process of the line-items in the Recents call list showing up and sliding down the screen? They cover up the first one in the list -- especially if I tap to expand it to show Details etc. It takes a remarkably long time for the list to form itself. Is that just my phone, I wonder?
    11-05-19 01:50 AM
    And what's with this very slow process of the line-items in the Recents call list showing up and sliding down the screen? They cover up the first one in the list -- especially if I tap to expand it to show Details etc. It takes a remarkably long time for the list to form itself. Is that just my phone, I wonder?
    And of course Murphy's Law being what it is, that just seems to have stopped happening, now that I posted that. So, uh... never mind.
    11-05-19 01:57 AM
    There sure is something up with not showing Caller ID of the calls I make from Contacts, though. Maybe that link you shared is indicating a similar limitation.

This is what I get when I go into Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional settings:

Call history not showing contact name-key2-no-ci-out-history_1.jpg

Call history not showing contact name-key2-no-ci-out-history_2.jpg

Call history not showing contact name-key2-no-ci-out-history_3.jpg

And I think I can safely assume there's nothing wrong with my SIM card. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the compatibility and setup/activation of the Key2 on the Verizon network, which otherwise seems to be working, dare I say, close to flawlessly. Maybe after the form submitted by a Verizon tech to add my IMEI as approved device gets worked later this week?
    11-05-19 02:11 AM