Amazon and Best Buy have this problem with lots of third party sellers using their websites. It’s also small retailer 101 behavior. If all the retailers have left or have disproportionate amounts of stock of different versions, ship it, try and get rid of it. Sometimes the buyer will accept or keep it.

Either way, the buyer should be, eventually, satisfied. Third party retailer has nothing to lose and even Amazon or Best Buy fulfillment doesn’t guarantee this doesn’t occur.
    05-22-19 07:10 AM
    Is the BBF100-6 really not worth buying in Canada? I'm on Fido and just got the PRD-63828-019 variant (Hong Kong) but haven't opened it yet and I only plan to use one SIM. I'm having a hard time finding the BBF100-2 online and at a reasonable price.

I mainly use my KeyOne for email, BBM, texting, Password Keeper, and Notes. Occasionally use it for web browsing, GasBuddy, ecobee, Waze, and VeSync apps. Was hoping to get one last BlackBerry as it doesn't seem like there will be any more coming out based on what I've read on forums over the past month. Not sure if I want to go with a Key2 LE.
    10-21-19 05:26 PM
    I'm having a hard time finding the BBF100-2 online and at a reasonable price.
    I just received an email from BlackBerry Mobile indicating GoTalk has new in box Silver and Black BBF100-2 KEY2s in stock for $679.00... they ship Internationally if necessary.

https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked

Bob
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    10-21-19 05:35 PM
    I just received an email from BlackBerry Mobile indicating GoTalk has new in box Silver and Black BBF100-2 KEY2s in stock for $679.00... they ship Internationally if necessary.

Bob
    Thanks for the reply. I also got the same email but I feel that after shipping (not sure about duty or brokerage charges) and conversion that the price is a bit steep. I guess I waited too long while hoping that a Key3 would be released in the near future.
    10-21-19 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I also got the same email but I feel that after shipping (not sure about duty or brokerage charges) and conversion that the price is a bit steep. I guess I waited too long while hoping that a Key3 would be released in the near future.
    Since you’re in Canada, why not just buy from another carrier ?
    10-21-19 06:33 PM

https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked

Bob
    That's where I got mine from and I'm happy to admit that it works great nothing compared to my first time with the Silver K2
    10-21-19 06:45 PM
    Can you confirm this BBF100-2 from GoTalk comes in Silver and is DUAL Sim like their spec shows?
    10-21-19 08:07 PM
    Can you confirm this BBF100-2 from GoTalk comes in Silver and is DUAL Sim like their spec shows?
    I would recommend you contact them directly to confirm it's a dual SIM. I see the specs says it is... best to get that answer from GoTalk.

Bob
    10-21-19 08:24 PM
    Since you’re in Canada, why not just buy from another carrier ?
    I called these 3 so far and got the following:

Fido - don't carry Key2.
    Rogers - can buy at $780 before taxes but would need to switch to Rogers and buy a plan (I moved from Rogers to Fido to get a better plan even though Fido is Rogers).
    Bell - doesn't sell phones by itself so would have to move to Bell.

Telus' line is busy but I suspect the same type of response.

Guess I'll just stick with the BBF100-6 since it should work with Fido/Rogers.
    10-23-19 01:48 PM
    I called these 3 so far and got the following:

Fido - don't carry Key2.
    Rogers - can buy at $780 before taxes but would need to switch to Rogers and buy a plan (I moved from Rogers to Fido to get a better plan even though Fido is Rogers).
    Bell - doesn't sell phones by itself so would have to move to Bell.

Telus' line is busy but I suspect the same type of response.

Guess I'll just stick with the BBF100-6 since it should work with Fido/Rogers.
    I also have the HK phone (the 06-PRD19), as do a few other Canadian posters that frequent these forums. It should work fine on Rogers, it has all the LTE bands that Rogers uses. And it has a history of receiving all the security patches in a timely fashion , often before the other variants (see Conite's chart).

I'm on Telus which sometimes uses LTE Band 29 seemingly for carrier aggregation in certain locations where it's available. The 06 doesn't have LTE Band 29 but it hasn't been an issue for me and won't be a factor if you're with Rogers because Rogers doesn't use Band 29. The 06 also doesn't have Band 66 which could be an issue if you're with Freedom Mobile.

Hope this helps with your confidence in your purchase.
    10-23-19 02:30 PM
    I also have the HK phone (the 06-PRD19), as do a few other Canadian posters that frequent these forums. It should work fine on Rogers, it has all the LTE bands that Rogers uses. And it has a history of receiving all the security patches in a timely fashion , often before the other variants (see Conite's chart).

I'm on Telus which sometimes uses LTE Band 29 seemingly for carrier aggregation in certain location where it's available. The 06 doesn't have LTE Band 29 but it hasn't been an issue for me and won't be a factor if you're with Rogers because Rogers doesn't use Band 29. The 06 also doesn't have Band 66 which could be an issue if you're with Freedom Mobile.

Hope this helps with your confidence in your purchase.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, it does help with my confidence knowing that there are others who are using the 06 variant without any major issues. Thanks again!
    10-23-19 02:39 PM
    I upgraded from my KeyOne to Key2 last night and was able to transfer my contents using the app. The opening screen was set to Chinese at first but I was able to change that easily with the drop-down menu to choose English Canada. For the transfer, Google Drive said my file was too large so I just left all media content (pics, movies, songs) out of the transfer since I usually download those to my NAS at home on a regular basis. It also had a limit to the number of text messages so I was only able to transfer 3,500 of the 4,300 that I had on the KeyOne. The transfer took about 20mins.

Took me a few hours to install the apps and shortcuts I use on a regular basis and login and match up the settings. This was a good opportunity for me to clean up all the useless apps I installed. I found that I used about 25% of the apps I installed. I also put on a screen protector that I bought for the KeyOne and it fits nicely enough to cover the viewable area. Got a cheap but nice clear case for it as well.

BBM Enterprise was a little tricky to swap over group chats at first as I used the same BBID. I sent test messages from my Classic using Blend in group chats to get the groups I had on my KeyOne to transfer to the Key2. Lost the message history but I can live with that.

Nearing the end of the work day for me right now, listening to music via Bluetooth on the Key2 and everything is working great and the battery life seems fine at 86%. I'm happy with the upgrade but sad that it will likely be my last BlackBerry if no more are made in the future.
    10-28-19 05:34 PM
    Good to hear it's working out for you.

I recall being a bit flummoxed when I first turned mine on and the Chinese language set-up screen started. I managed to eventually get thru and change the language to English. your phone must be a brand new one if it started up in Chinese.
    10-28-19 06:14 PM
    Good to hear it's working out for you.

I recall being a bit flummoxed when I first turned mine on and the Chinese language set-up screen started. I managed to eventually get thru and change the language to English. your phone must be a brand new one if it started up in Chinese.
    Yes, it's a brand new phone (black colour). Thanks again for your replies to me to reassure that this variant is fine to use in Canada.

Not sure if it's just me but the LTE strength seems higher than on my KeyOne. Definitely like the keyboard more now that I'm using it. The one on the KeyOne was really annoying with the glare when used under bright lights.

Still trying to get used to having the power button on the right side. Would you happen to know if the power button triple press dials 911 on this variant? As you can tell from my posts, I'm a bit hesitant to test it out myself if someone else may have already tested it.
    10-29-19 01:34 PM
    I think I figured out the triple press power button emergency call. I think it only applies to the 031 India variant.
    10-29-19 01:40 PM
    I was reading through the thread, and I know this is centered on Canada, but I figured I'd self-promote my sale in the Marketplace community here for a USA, unlocked, Black 64GB Key2 if anyone's interested.

https://forums.crackberry.com/market.../#post13458180
    10-30-19 11:11 AM
41 12