Hi All,

I'm facing issues with button mapper by flar2. I have assigned few shortcuts for few keys and since then I'm unable to type text with those keys as pressing those keys will active those corresponding shortcut functions.

I tried bypassing BlackBerry keyboard option in the settings, but that will only permanently disable button mapper.

Any help would be highly appreciated
    02-05-19 05:02 AM
    Any help?
    02-05-19 12:01 PM
    Any help?
    u have to create exceptions within app if i recall correctly
    02-05-19 02:04 PM
    u have to create exceptions within app if i recall correctly
    Can you elaborate
    02-05-19 10:11 PM
    Open the button mapper app then look through the options for bypass apps. Now Select the apps u wish to bypass
    Attached Thumbnails Button mapped by flar2 - Help-screenshot_20190206-075404.jpg  
    02-06-19 01:56 AM
    Open the button mapper app then look through the options for bypass apps. Now Select the apps u wish to bypass
    May I know if buttonmapper is working as expected for you
    02-06-19 03:11 AM
    As informed in my OP, I have disabled BlackBerry keyboard and it completely stops buttonmapper from working
    02-06-19 04:30 AM
    As informed in my OP, I have disabled BlackBerry keyboard and it completely stops buttonmapper from working
    You've got it the wrong way round. You need to enable the keyboard and disable the other apps.
    02-06-19 04:39 AM
    You've got it the wrong way round. You need to enable the keyboard and disable the other apps.
    If we disable all other apps, buttonmapper won't work in those apps. So what is the use?
    02-06-19 05:30 AM
    If we disable all other apps, buttonmapper won't work in those apps. So what is the use?
    Well you wouldn't want it to work when composing a text or email would you?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-06-19 05:43 AM
    Well you wouldn't want it to work when composing a text or email would you?
    Exactly
    02-06-19 05:47 AM
    Exactly
    Example: ticking the whatsapp box disables button mapper for that app which is what you want.

Repeat the process for all the apps which require you to input text with the keyboard.
    02-06-19 06:06 AM
    Example: ticking the whatsapp box disables button mapper for that app which is what you want.

Repeat the process for all the apps which require you to input text with the keyboard.
    Basically I want to use buttonmapper app with whatsapp but while composing messages in whatsapp, it shouldn't trigger corresponding shortcuts
    02-06-19 06:08 AM
    Basically I want to use buttonmapper app with whatsapp but while composing messages in whatsapp, it shouldn't trigger corresponding shortcuts
    As far as I'm aware you can't do that. You will need to use the convenience key.
    02-06-19 06:40 AM
    As far as I'm aware you can't do that. You will need to use the convenience key.
    Hmm.. But convenience key is actually not convenient to me
    02-06-19 09:44 AM
    Hmm.. But convenience key is actually not convenient to me
    You can't have it all sadly. There will always be limitations.
    02-06-19 10:01 AM