I'm sure I remember on my classic (cant remember if it done it on my PRIV) that if I simply typed into the contacts list in the dialler W, E, R, S, D, F, Z, X, C that it would start searching for names beginning with W and then think I was spelling a name of WERSDFZXC but there was also another box showing me the numeric response to those keys thus being 123456789.

My Key2 fails supremely at this!!

Ok, so as I type this live, I went to do it again to show what I would end up with instead of 1-9 and it seems as though that function has disappeared, perhaps with a recent update??!

Were dev's aware of this and removed it? It was a handy feature and one that I was annoyed about when it was catastrophically non-functional.
    02-05-19 04:27 PM
    Workaround:

In Device Search type the word "call" followe by your contact name and hit Enter
    02-05-19 06:44 PM
    This works with true phone app. But it only works if in contacts part of dialer won't work if in favorites screen or recent.

There is a lot of simple features that are gone after moving on from bb10. Stuff that just worked without looking for an app that works. I still feel it's like beta and vhs. The best did not win. So we spend time trying to make a new OS as productive as a 3 yr old one.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-06-19 07:39 AM