So I already had a Key2 that had a broken/space bar not working anymore - now a friend of mine at work gave me their black one that has the same issue!
    Is there a way to replace this at all? I've been loving my LE but would be good to know if I'm able to change these myself? Has anyone done this and is it an easy thing to do?

Cheers!
    02-12-19 04:34 PM
    So I already had a Key2 that had a broken/space bar not working anymore - now a friend of mine at work gave me their black one that has the same issue!
    Is there a way to replace this at all? I've been loving my LE but would be good to know if I'm able to change these myself? Has anyone done this and is it an easy thing to do?

Cheers!
    It's possible to replace yourself, but you will have a difficult time finding a new keyboard, I haven't seen any online yet.
    02-12-19 04:52 PM
    It's possible to replace yourself, but you will have a difficult time finding a new keyboard, I haven't seen any online yet.
    https://www.esourceparts.ca/cell-pho...ent-black.html
    chetmanley likes this.
    02-12-19 04:59 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the KEY2 is provided with a one year warranty which a KEY2 would still qualify for.

The obvious procedure, at least for me, would be to contact BlackBerry Customer Support and get it repaired or replaced.

Bob
    02-12-19 05:07 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the KEY2 is provided with a one year warranty which a KEY2 would still qualify for.

The obvious procedure, at least for me, would be to contact BlackBerry Customer Support and get it repaired or replaced.

Bob
    Yeah the problem is that one of them I already got repaired via BBMobile and the issue happened again and the second device isn't mine but rather my friend bought it from US and BBMobile apparently won't fix it
    02-13-19 08:12 AM
    Thanks! 80 seems quite step price for this!
    02-13-19 08:12 AM
    Yeah the KEYone's keyboard assembly was usually around $30 USD or so on eBay.

But hey its better than having a non-functional spacebar. Hopefully the replacement is firm and not loose, but if it was, I guess you could do something about it (jam a piece of paper somewhere in there) before assembling it.
    @mralgi has a tutorial on how to disassemble a KEY2
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-teardown-pictures-part-1-5-a-1153559/
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-teardown-pictures-part-2-5-a-1153560/
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-teardown-pictures-part-3-5-a-1153561/
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-teardown-pictures-part-4-5-a-1153562/
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-teardown-pictures-part-5-5-a-1153564/
    02-13-19 08:57 AM
    At least you can buy the KEY2's keyboard.... for now (only one in stock).

Not sure you'll have that option with your own KEY2 LE, as I haven't see a replacement keyboard for it show up yet... and it's been almost a year.

Some rumors about TCL using replacement parts to build out new devices... if true there might not be much of a replacement market.

Price... supply and demand.
    08-13-19 09:48 AM
    At least you can buy the KEY2's keyboard.... for now (only one in stock).

Not sure you'll have that option with your own KEY2 LE, as I haven't see a replacement keyboard for it show up yet... and it's been almost a year.

Some rumors about TCL using replacement parts to build out new devices... if true there might not be much of a replacement market.

Price... supply and demand.
    There is a lot more than just 1 replacement keypad on eBay, thankfully.

Just this one seller has a few himself, but there are others.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F401752331648

However, the ones that go for less than $50 don't have the spacebar assembly (which is the most important) so it's gonna have to be $50 or a bit above.

But yes, so far, no LE replacement options. The closest would be to find an LE with a broken screen or something else and salvage the keyboard from there.

Since the LE seems to have a more reliable design, thankfully it shouldn't need it as much.
    08-16-19 08:06 AM
    Ali express is selling KEY² keyboards
    08-17-19 03:41 AM