Who's with me who thinks TCL did a fail by removing right shift KEY? KEY2 and now LE doesn't have it!? Why??

What was in you heads TCL to remove right shift KEY?? Here's plenty of space to put SPEED KEY next to the shift KEY! BRING IT BACK!

#BRINGSHIFTBACK
    chetmanley, Mamaluka and WES51 like this.
    08-31-18 10:48 AM
    I always use the left shift key, so this change doesn't affect me in the least.

But I can see why some would be upset if that's what they're used to.

I haven't been paying super close attention, but it seems like most people like the speed key.
    08-31-18 11:04 AM
    Who's with me who thinks TCL did a fail by removing right shift KEY? KEY2 and now LE doesn't have it!? Why??

What was in you heads TCL to remove right shift KEY?? Here's plenty of space to put SPEED KEY next to the shift KEY! BRING IT BACK!

#BRINGSHIFTBACK
    It really annoyed me that there are 2 empty keys. They should have been used for either CTRL, shift or just an easily programmable key. I know we can use the $ for CTRL but then we have no quick access to notifications.

I've asked the developer of buttom remapper to add "toggle notifications" into the app.
    08-31-18 11:09 AM
    I always use the left shift key, so this change doesn't affect me in the least.

But I can see why some would be upset if that's what they're used to.

I haven't been paying super close attention, but it seems like most people like the speed key.
    I think a lot of people change right shift key to copy/paste function, I did this for example for my keyone
    SQC314 likes this.
    08-31-18 11:21 AM
    Eww. why?
    08-31-18 11:23 AM
    Bring the CTRL key to the left!
    SQC314 likes this.
    08-31-18 11:35 AM
    The two blank space on either side should be used for adding a ctrl key and a shift key.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    08-31-18 01:25 PM
    The two blank space on either side should be used for adding a ctrl key and a shift key.

That space is saved for the KEY³. Sorry.
    08-31-18 01:45 PM
    I agree, the speed key should not be a dedicated (repainted) button. At most it should be a software option only.

The decision to replace the R shift key with a dedicated speed key with a different symbol on it was done purely for marketing, and in my opinion it was poorly executed.

The Speed key on the Key2 causes more problems than it is worth:

-If we want to keep Cntrl functionality, then we lose the currency key.
    -This also means that on a Cyrillic keyboard, we lose the letters Ю and Б. (This is a pretty big oversight)

Anyone with a Keyone can prove this for themselves by purchasing the application called Buttons remapper.

It is possible to produce a better implemented speed key on the Keyone by using this application.

Try the following:

Set your speed key to Left Shift. This has many benefits over the Key2:

-R shift remains open for Cntrl
    -Currency Key remains available as a currency key
    -Cyrillic Keyboards still work properly
    -Even though L shift is now a speed key, it still works as normal for Shift capitalization and Text selection by holding it down in conjunction with a keyboard swipe.

So, using this 3rd party app, you can implement a far superior "Speed key" on your keyone than what we get on the key2.

I hope BB recognizes this, and removes the dedicated speed key nonsense for the Key3. Just make it a software option, with the capability to assign it L or R shift, and make sure it doesn't affect every other feature we know and love in the process.
    megafan2000 and RK_BB like this.
    08-31-18 05:01 PM
    08-31-18 06:13 PM
    If they would enable the speed key to choose not only apps, but other functions (copy, paste) it would be amazing. Similar to what other people are saying about button remapper.

I use the right control for copy/paste multiple times per day and would really hate to lose that or the currency key (plus the speakerphone toggle on the currency key).
    08-31-18 09:41 PM
    good thing I'm not used in pressing shift key on the right side.
    08-31-18 10:14 PM
    For me.. the right shift key was never ever used. I always felt it was pointless and a waste of space. The Speed Key is a much better and useful key. A tap of the symbol key to get my currency and others back works just fine.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 09-02-18 at 01:00 AM.
    rjedge54, TheBond, mtalinm and 1 others like this.
    08-31-18 10:24 PM
    That space is saved for the KEY³. Sorry.
    Obviously it can't come to the KEY² anymore. Unfortunately.
    I'd still consider it a win if it makes it to the KEY3.

09-01-18 01:46 PM
    For me.. the right shift key was never ever used. I always it was pointless and a waste of space. The Speed Key is a much better and useful key. A tap of the symbol key to get my currency and others back works just fine.
    Same, I always thought right shift and currency buttons were wasted. I'm glad Currency key is now programmable and speed key is introduced.
    naijab0y likes this.
    09-01-18 07:31 PM
    I thought the new speed key was stupid too when I first saw the KEY2. but I've always used the left one, and have programmed apps to be accessed using the speed key, so now I love it haha

that dead space on the sides of the shift and speed key though.. makes the phone look cheap and incomplete
    09-01-18 07:34 PM
    I like the K2 keyboard and layout a lot!
    09-02-18 06:23 AM
    I thought the new speed key was stupid too when I first saw the KEY2. but I've always used the left one, and have programmed apps to be accessed using the speed key, so now I love it haha

that dead space on the sides of the shift and speed key though.. makes the phone look cheap and incomplete
    It leaves room for improvement for you to upgrade to Key3
    09-02-18 07:25 AM
    I love the speed key and never used the right anyways
    09-02-18 01:37 PM
    Same, I always thought right shift and currency buttons were wasted. I'm glad Currency key is now programmable and speed key is introduced.
    Absolutely same opinion!
    I use a lot ctrl key so I have programed the currency key as a ctrl key.
    TheBond likes this.
    09-02-18 05:47 PM
    No.
    09-03-18 03:06 AM
    i like the speed key, but I'd rather like a right shift key...
    It's too bad i lost the currency key (i use it as the CTRL key), i miss it a lot!
    09-03-18 04:01 AM
    Maybe for KEY3 they should use the empty spaces next to shift and speed key to re-add the right shift, and make a brand new dedicated emoji key on the left?
    09-03-18 05:35 AM
    Now that I have programmed the $ key to be ctrl, is there a speed dial for the $ key, or is the fastest way to get to hit "sym" and then tap $ on the screen?
    09-09-18 10:37 PM
    Now that I have programmed the $ key to be ctrl, is there a speed dial for the $ key, or is the fastest way to get to hit "sym" and then tap $ on the screen?
    You've got a couple of options:
    1. Swipe down and select $ from the on-screen keyboard
    2. Create word substitution, eg use dd that will convert it to $
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    09-10-18 07:05 PM
28 12