Hello! Bought my Key2 a week ago in Russia, with official Cyrillic keyboard. Local BlackBerry officials sad that we have unique ability to setup Speed Key behavior (as speed key ofc, ctrl, right shift and the most important -- single-key layout switch instead of default alt+enter). So I had few questions:

1. Is this truth about uniqueness of this feature on Russian retail version?
    2. If yes, can I flash it without losing this feature?

I guess that is why there is special build for Russian market: ABI235. Also I guess that all firmwares are universal and it just checks what features should be activated by some ID that was preprogrammed at production stage.

Hope there are some geeks who can answer me, thanks!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English
    Last edited by L11R; 11-19-18 at 02:49 PM.
    11-19-18 12:31 PM
    Also I guess that all firmwares are universal and it just checks what features should be activated by some ID that was preprogrammed at production stage.
    Yes and no. The Russia variant is a special variant of the BBF100-1/6, so you can't flash software for other variants unless they come with the special Russia-variant-only signatures. A similar setup is in place for the Indonesia and India KEY2s.

However, even within a particular firmware there can be different things loaded based on stuff like the ECID (which carrier/geographic area is selling it) but those are mostly for carrier bloatware and wallpapers.

I'm not sure about the uniqueness of 1), but since 2) is impossible for non-Russia firmware the point is moot.
    11-19-18 08:21 PM
    Yes and no. The Russia variant is a special variant of the BBF100-1/6, so you can't flash software for other variants unless they come with the special Russia-variant-only signatures. A similar setup is in place for the Indonesia and India KEY2s.
    If I understood you correctly, I shouldn't use any autoloader from this forum. It can brick my Phone or will just end with error?

I'm not sure about the uniqueness of 1), but since 2) is impossible for non-Russia firmware the point is moot.
    I will attach screenshots of how it looks in menus.
    Attached Thumbnails Bought Russian Key2, have few questions about flashing-screenshot_20181120-074728.jpg   Bought Russian Key2, have few questions about flashing-screenshot_20181120-074734.jpg   Bought Russian Key2, have few questions about flashing-screenshot_20181120-074737.jpg  
    Last edited by L11R; 11-20-18 at 11:43 AM.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-19-18 11:56 PM
    I didn't find spoiler for attachments, sorry
    I switched my phone to English to show you, but I use Russian by default of course. "Universal Shortcut" is default Speed Key behavior, so I guess just misstranslation, it translated better in Russian.
    Last edited by L11R; 11-20-18 at 05:23 AM.
    11-20-18 12:18 AM
    If I understood you correctly, I shouldn't use any autoloader from this forum. It can brick my Phone or will just end with error?
    That's right (bricking or erroring out depends on the script used to load the files but I wouldn't try either), unless the autoloader is explicitly said to include Russia signatures.
    11-20-18 07:43 AM
    That's right (bricking or erroring out depends on the script used to load the files but I wouldn't try either), unless the autoloader is explicitly said to include Russia signatures.
    Thanks for answer, will wait OTA. By the way do you know, where I can also check all those available autoloaders? I mean there are guys who uploads new autoloaders, their sources are secret or it sort of semi-public?

Sniffing links for OTAs not the same as autoloaders AFAIK.
    11-20-18 08:28 AM
    Thanks for answer, will wait OTA. By the way do you know, where I can also check all those available autoloaders? I mean there are guys who uploads new autoloaders, their sources are secret or it sort of semi-public?

Sniffing links for OTAs not the same as autoloaders AFAIK.
    The exact process depends on the device but for the KEY2 it's more or less running the desktop debrick tool, saving what it downloads before it gets deleted, and rearranging the files to produce a working autoloader. There's no easy way to create autoloaders from just OTA files like there is (was?) for the KEYone/Motion.
    11-20-18 09:05 AM
    The exact process depends on the device but for the KEY2 it's more or less running the desktop debrick tool, saving what it downloads before it gets deleted, and rearranging the files to produce a working autoloader. There's no easy way to create autoloaders from just OTA files like there is (was?) for the KEYone/Motion.
    Cool! But I didn't find any debrick tools except old one for KeyOne. On BlackBerry Mobile official site there is only "coming soon" banner.
    11-20-18 10:21 AM
    Lucky punk! Lol. I hope a future US update gives us this same option. If so, adiós Speed Key, hola como estas Ctrl :-)
    L11R and megafan2000 like this.
    11-20-18 05:19 PM