Silver BBF100-2... Device was listed as "Used-Very Good." I must say, the device is basically brand new with no signs of use; I've attached pictures. Although each device would vary, this isn't a bad option for somebody still looking to purchase a factory unlocked silver KEY2 (and wants to save a few bills).
    Attached Thumbnails Bought From Amazon.ca Warehouse Deals-931277708.jpg  
    skilas likes this.
    06-25-19 06:02 PM
    More.
    Attached Thumbnails Bought From Amazon.ca Warehouse Deals-295157735.jpg  
    06-25-19 06:06 PM
    Photos are only attaching 1 at a time, sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Bought From Amazon.ca Warehouse Deals-887346720.jpg  
    06-25-19 06:06 PM
    Posting these one at a time was getting rather tedious, but I can assure you there was no cosmetic damage on the sides of the device either.
    Attached Thumbnails Bought From Amazon.ca Warehouse Deals-1602855410.jpg  
    06-25-19 06:08 PM
    I personally could care less about a few "battle scars"

The question is: how's the spacebar lol?
    06-25-19 06:19 PM

Perfect! I am also one that has never found it loose like others have. It still makes a different sound than the other keys though, which, just seems to be the norm with this device.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-25-19 06:52 PM

Furthermore, fingerprint sensor works perfectly also.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-25-19 06:53 PM
    In my personal opinion, the biggest issue I have with used phones is not what you can see, but what you can't see. People working in returns might see a phone that looks in perfect cosmetic condition, but has numerous defects or issues. Things like bad battery life, poor reception, camera issues, keyboard issues, etc.

They probably don't pay enough to motivate workers to check everything in-and-out before putting it back on the shelf. So as long as it looks cosmetically fine, they'll just resell it and hope the next person doesn't notice the defect before the warranty/return period is over.

That's just my feeling on the subject, but I could be wrong. It's a gamble like anything else. Given all the terrible stories I've heard about people abusing phones and return policies, I tend to stick with new items (At least when it comes to mobile devices).

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy you seem to have gotten a good unit! Congrats!
    06-25-19 06:54 PM
    Perfect! I am also one that has never found it loose like others have. It still makes a different sound than the other keys though, which, just seems to be the norm with this device.
    What's the build date?

From my understanding, based on the Red KEY2's first manufacturing dates, KEY2's that were manufactured from March 2019 and on have the revised spacebar. February may be fine also.
    06-25-19 06:58 PM
    What's the build date?

From my understanding, based on the Red KEY2's first manufacturing dates, KEY2's that were manufactured from March 2019 and on have the revised spacebar. February may be fine also.
    Not sure. Where do I locate that information?
    06-25-19 07:41 PM
    Also, cost was $679.39 CAD + tax. So, roughly $170 in savings after taxes.
    06-25-19 07:43 PM
    Not sure. Where do I locate that information?
    In order to find manufacturing date, launch your dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", press "Pass" and the date will show at bottom. To leave that mode, press "Pass" again, scroll all the way down and press "Exit"
    06-25-19 07:56 PM
    What is the spacebar like?
    06-25-19 08:05 PM
    What is the spacebar like?
    Perfectly fine.
    06-25-19 08:21 PM
    In order to find manufacturing date, launch your dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", press "Pass" and the date will show at bottom. To leave that mode, press "Pass" again, scroll all the way down and press "Exit"
    December 21.
    06-25-19 08:22 PM
    December 21.
    That's good! Probably the most recent refurb I've ever seen.
    06-25-19 08:23 PM
    Do you mind checking if you can still enter engineering mode?

*#*#2637643#*#*

I think after I did the same thing, engineering mode wasn't able to show up. But then again, I didn't check it before so I don't really know if another app maybe made this happen.
    06-25-19 08:32 PM
    That's good! Probably the most recent refurb I've ever seen.
    Spacebar is quite solid. Although, I can't really remember what it was like before. Never bothered me in the first place.
    06-25-19 09:29 PM

*#*#2637643#*#*

I think after I did the same thing, engineering mode wasn't able to show up. But then again, I didn't check it before so I don't really know if another app maybe made this happen.
    It does indeed show up.
    06-25-19 09:31 PM
    Spacebar is quite solid. Although, I can't really remember what it was like before. Never bothered me in the first place.
    I wish I was like you and less OCD about my PKB's lol
    06-25-19 09:45 PM
    I have a KEY2 that was a September manufacturing date and I can also confirm no real issues with my spacebar. It does have slight play (movement) when you tap it, but it's so minor you could easily mistake it for just being a larger plastic piece. Maybe if you apply almost zero pressure (Just rest your finger on the spacebar), and drag it up and down on it, it has play of about 1mm or less of rocking motion? Side to side motion is non existent. The louder click you hear when you tap the key is probably due to the parts not being connected absolutely flush/tight. Probably because the spacebar is such a large piece to secure.
    06-26-19 09:31 AM

*#*#2637643#*#*

I'm with you. I can't enter engineering anymore. It worked before.

My manufacturing date also shows up as just asterisks.
    06-26-19 09:51 AM
    I have a KEY2 that was a September manufacturing date and I can also confirm no real issues with my spacebar. It does have slight play (movement) when you tap it, but it's so minor you could easily mistake it for just being a larger plastic piece. Maybe if you apply almost zero pressure (Just rest your finger on the spacebar), and drag it up and down on it, it has play of about 1mm or less of rocking motion? Side to side motion is non existent. The louder click you hear when you tap the key is probably due to the parts not being connected absolutely flush/tight. Probably because the spacebar is such a large piece to secure.
    Hmm, I don't know man.

But a slight bit of up/down movement isn't nearly as cringy as rattling when tapping the sides.
    There are several variations of wobbliness/looseness with this stupid spacebar. But there are also units that are rock solid.
    If only they were all as consistent..
    06-26-19 10:00 AM
    I'm with you. I can't enter engineering anymore. It worked before.

My manufacturing date also shows up as just asterisks.
    I think I know what the problem is in my case. I have an application which requires permission to become the default dialer to screen calls with. It doesn't replace the native dialer, but it sits between them (I suspect). So any of these engineering codes would be a no go. I didn't try it, but if I reverted everything back the way it was, I assume it would work just fine.
    06-26-19 10:11 AM
    Hmm, I don't know man.

But a slight bit of up/down movement isn't nearly as cringy as rattling when tapping the sides.
    There are several variations of wobbliness/looseness with this stupid spacebar. But there are also units that are rock solid.
    If only they were all as consistent..
    I'm pretty satisfied with my spacebar. I'm being hyper verbose to explain every detail I can (for those who are OCD), but it's largely all about nothing in my case. You can get the same kind of minor differences from just touching a mechanical keyboard and comparing keys with one another.

I suspect the people who had earlier manufactured phones are the ones with legitimate issues.
    06-26-19 10:15 AM
34 12