Hi all,
    I switched from a Dtek50 to a Key2. Previously I had a passport. I am very happy with the key 2 except for the Bluetooth. I have APTx earphones and an APTX puck for my car. My car only has the Bluetooth phone option and that is why I have a puck to stream the music to it and it outputs the audio in the aux plug. With the Dtek and the passport they both would connect to the puck and the integrated bluetooth phone system when in the car. When I would connect the headset at the gym, it was insteantenous. Now with the Key2 the puck and the headset are paired and the car bluetooth system just won't pair. The passkey is the standard 1234 and when the phone sees the car_audio and I select it the car says that pairing failed and to consult phone options. This very disapointing and I tried multiple times. Its a bluetooth system from 2010 and there is not resaon for it not to work with a brand new phone with the latest android.

I don't know what to do.
    08-11-18 05:40 PM
    OK I had the SAME problem with pairing my car and the KEYtwo. How I fixed it was removing any special characters/spaces in the Bluetooth identity name aka device name. Also changed the default Bluetooth device name on my vehicle to a unique non capitalized name. Do not use special characters in the device name like dashes ( - ). Only use alphabetical letters.

suddenly no issues pairing.
    08-11-18 08:46 PM
    Changed the device name like you said. The problem still persists. The default name on the bluetooth phone system in the car is "CAR M_MEDIA" . There is no way for me to change that. Either way, this should work and frankly I find it very shamefull on Blackberry / TCLs part.
    08-12-18 03:15 PM
    OK I had the SAME problem with pairing my car and the KEYtwo. How I fixed it was removing any special characters/spaces in the Bluetooth identity name aka device name. Also changed the default Bluetooth device name on my vehicle to a unique non capitalized name. Do not use special characters in the device name like dashes ( - ). Only use alphabetical letters.

suddenly no issues pairing.
    I am also having issues pairing, but will try this fix...
    12-13-18 03:36 AM