I ran into the same bug being reported by K1 users, basically you Bluetooth pair to a vehicle and the contacts don't transfer over. The workaround is that you have to uncheck and recheck the box that pops up when you first start to pair that gives permission to transfer contacts. I ran into this on a brand new K2 when I paired with my car. The uncheck / recheck trick was the only thing that fixed it. I am on the December firmware.
    hamilgs likes this.
    01-09-19 11:03 PM
    hopefully they fix this bug soon
    01-09-19 11:27 PM
    so far the only thing I appreciate about my Key2 is that it has a faster processor than the Priv. have wasted so many hours trying to get the damn thing to pair with my Equinox. After four factory resets, it's still not recognizing my contacts. I feel foolish for having wasted my money.
    01-10-19 10:48 PM
    I can't call from car's hot keys paired with my k2, i have an bmw with CCC, and car shows "Favorite key is unavailable", it work first few minutes after start, then to call from car i must to unlock phone. Dont found any ideas how to fix it(with iphone it works perfect)
    01-11-19 08:11 AM
    so far the only thing I appreciate about my Key2 is that it has a faster processor than the Priv. have wasted so many hours trying to get the damn thing to pair with my Equinox. After four factory resets, it's still not recognizing my contacts. I feel foolish for having wasted my money.
    Did you try the "uncheck-recheck" trick OP mentioned? It worked like a charm for me on my LE.
    01-11-19 08:45 PM
    TI_Master: thanks for the tip! My K2 is new, and the old Priv D/L phone book to '14 VW Jetta just fine, but K2 didn't. Your trick, did the trick! Now I have phone book in the car radio and can see who is calling (if they are in my contacts), not just the phone #.
    01-12-19 03:30 PM
    Brand new Key2 3 days ago. Just tried to Sync contacts on Ford SYNC3 this AM. No go.

Found this thread............went out and removed devices from vehicle and phone and started over. Did the uncheck-recheck trick. When I first checked the Key2 Bluetooth profile for the connected device (F250) and the permission or line items for contacts still did not show after pairing. But I went into Sync3 menu and selected sync/download contacts and boom........... it worked. Went back into Key2 Bluetooth profile for the paired F250 and the line item for "contacts" was there.

Anyway........... had to click around, they didn't automatically download when pairing. But it was pretty quick and easy to make it happen.

Thanks everyone from posting!!!!!!
    hamilgs likes this.
    01-14-19 11:25 AM
    Please read my post. The contacts did not auto download for me after doing the uncheck-recheck when pairing. But after pairing using uncheck-recheck, I was able to go back in and sync/download contact using the vehicle menu and it worked. Hope this helps!!! I didn't think it had worked at first ......... but after a couple of additional clicks it worked fine.
    01-14-19 11:29 AM