So I sent my Blackberry Key2 in last week due to a dead fingerprint sensor. I live in Canada and purchased my Key2 from Walmart.ca on July 13, 2018. I believe the Canadian release date for the Key2 was July 6, 2018.

Today, March 19, 2019, I received notification from Repair360 (Blackberry’s official service centre) that my phone was out of warranty. It stated that the IMEI for my phone is beyond the one year warranty period.

Am I missing something here? Should I be feeling the outrage that I am feeling? I spent almost $1k for this phone and after only 9 months a key feature stops working and the manufacturer won’t repair it?

I don’t understand...
    03-19-19 07:03 PM
    My understanding is the KEY2 has a one year warranty. Since the KEY2 was released in July I believe, how could it be out of warranty?

Sounds like TCL/BBMo repair is giving you a bunch of BS to me.

Bob
    03-19-19 07:15 PM
    I feel your pain. I just posted about the same thing. I think they have to many customers and are trying to flick some off to regain some control on things.
    03-19-19 08:25 PM
    So I sent my Blackberry Key2 in last week due to a dead fingerprint sensor. I live in Canada and purchased my Key2 from Walmart.ca on July 13, 2018. I believe the Canadian release date for the Key2 was July 6, 2018.

Today, March 19, 2019, I received notification from Repair360 (Blackberry’s official service centre) that my phone was out of warranty. It stated that the IMEI for my phone is beyond the one year warranty period.

Am I missing something here? Should I be feeling the outrage that I am feeling? I spent almost $1k for this phone and after only 9 months a key feature stops working and the manufacturer won’t repair it?

I don’t understand...
    Send an email back with a photo of your purchase receipt.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-19-19 08:51 PM
    Is it just the sensor itself that's failing? How's the actual spacebar? No missed spaces?
    03-19-19 11:49 PM
    Here is BlackBerry Mobile warranty in a nut shell:

Open a ticket
    Exchange your device via advance exchange

If the problem is solved, awesome!

It it ain't, we'll, tough luck cause you ain't getting your money back...

True Story! My PKB is messed up, today I have had it after 10 months of dealing with it, called in to have it returned only to get an "unfortunately that's not option...."

If that's not a legal crime, what is?

Good luck with your repair. Hope you get it fixed or somehow get your money back; it feel awful to be ripped off...shameful they don't have it in them to make it right.
    03-20-19 12:05 AM
    Send an email back with a photo of your purchase receipt.
    Thanks, a copy of my receipt was uploaded to their warranty/customer service portal as part of the claims process. I had already started a case with BB customer service and when they determined that a "Factory Reset" would not resolve the problem, they passed me over to the Repair360 portal which looks after the warranty service. Once that was done, BB customer service closed the file.

If I can't resolve this with Repair360, I have start a new file with BB customer service!

Unbelievable.
    03-20-19 10:11 AM
    Is it just the sensor itself that's failing? How's the actual spacebar? No missed spaces?
    Physical condition of the space bar and the rest of the phone is perfect. Fingerprint sensor is dead. Spacebar still works fine, but no haptic feedback when I try to unlock the phone using the fingerprint sensor. When I ran the diagnostic with BB customer service, there was absolutely nothing registering.

First thing that BB customer service asked me for was my IMEI # - it obviously checked out with them because they ended up referring my to Repair360 for warranty service with the only proviso being that if the phone showed physical damage or water damage, it would not be covered under warranty.
    03-20-19 10:16 AM
    Physical condition of the space bar and the rest of the phone is perfect. Fingerprint sensor is dead. Spacebar still works fine, but no haptic feedback when I try to unlock the phone using the fingerprint sensor. When I ran the diagnostic with BB customer service, there was absolutely nothing registering.

First thing that BB customer service asked me for was my IMEI # - it obviously checked out with them because they ended up referring my to Repair360 for warranty service with the only proviso being that if the phone showed physical damage or water damage, it would not be covered under warranty.
    So are you proceeding with the repair...

Keep us update on the shipping, repair and return process.
    03-20-19 10:22 AM
    Repair360 for warranty service with the only proviso being that if the phone showed physical damage or water damage, it would not be covered under warranty.
    Right but physical damage could be anything from a single scratch on the frame to having a phone that's been run over by a car.
    Them refusing to repair the spacebar sensor because of one or two scuffs on the TOP of the damn device is NOT excusable by ANY stretch.

Therefore, Repair360 is an absolute joke and BBMo should appoint better service centers (hard to do worse than that)
    03-20-19 10:24 AM
    So are you proceeding with the repair...

Keep us update on the shipping, repair and return process.
    I proceeded with the warranty claim process last week by sending my Key2 in to the Repari360 service centre. Yesterday, I received notification that my Key2 would not be repaired under warranty because the IMEI indicated that the phone was "beyond the warranty period". They will repair it but at MY COST.

I sent Repair360 an email last night asking how could a phone released less than a year ago be out of warranty if the warranty period is one year?
    03-20-19 10:42 AM
    Right but physical damage could be anything from a single scratch on the frame to having a phone that's been run over by a car.
    Them refusing to repair the spacebar sensor because of one or two scuffs on the TOP of the damn device is NOT excusable by ANY stretch.

Therefore, Repair360 is an absolute joke and BBMo should appoint better service centers (hard to do worse than that)
    I totally agree, but my claim didn't even get to that point. Repair360 is saying that my warranty period has expired and my Key2 is out of warranty for that reason.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-20-19 10:43 AM
    I proceeded with the warranty claim process last week by sending my Key2 in to the Repari360 service centre. Yesterday, I received notification that my Key2 would not be repaired under warranty because the IMEI indicated that the phone was "beyond the warranty period". They will repair it but at MY COST.

I sent Repair360 an email last night asking how could a phone released less than a year ago be out of warranty if the warranty period is one year?
    I'd be going back to BBMo again too and letting them know what Repair360 is telling you. Hopefully Repair360 just punched in a wrong IMEI number and a second look will resolve it. But it would be better if BBMo was in the loop too.

But then in my book... you shouldn't have to be dealing with whoever BBMo choose to outsource their warranty claims to.
    03-20-19 03:03 PM
    I'd be going back to BBMo again too and letting them know what Repair360 is telling you. Hopefully Repair360 just punched in a wrong IMEI number and a second look will resolve it. But it would be better if BBMo was in the loop too.

But then in my book... you shouldn't have to be dealing with whoever BBMo choose to outsource their warranty claims to.
    Thanks DDD.

After not receiving any response to my 2 emails to Repair360 on this matter, that's exactly what I did - called BBMo. BBMo had to open an new case file for me as the old one had already been closed. The person I spoke with said she would send the matter to her escalation team and that as long as there's no physical or liquid damage to my Key2 then the repair should be covered under warranty. Hopefully, (fingers crossed) this will be the end of it and I will have a working phone back to me in a week or two.

I'm just very frustrated by the whole thing. Given that the repair centre is in Canada and my IMEI is registered as a Canadian market phone, whoever was reviewing the warranty coverage for my phone at Repair360, either doesn't know the products they service and/or has no common sense.
    03-21-19 11:06 AM
    Update: I received my repaired Key2 last Thursday - about 2 weeks after I sent it in. The keyboard and the vibrator motor were replaced under warranty. They overnighted the phone back to me.

The fingerprint sensor works better than new and overall, I’m satisfied with the outcome. It did come back without the screen protector, but that’s a minor gripe.

My biggest issue is the poor communication throughout the process. From the moment they told me that my 9 month old phone was out of its one year warranty, to the lack of any update from the “escalation team”, to the notice that my phone was being shipped back to me without any detail as to whether it had been repaired or if they were just shipping it back broken (because it was “out of warranty”).

Hopefully, I’ll never have to use their customer service again.
    04-02-19 08:05 PM
    Update: I received my repaired Key2 last Thursday - about 2 weeks after I sent it in. The keyboard and the vibrator motor were replaced under warranty. They overnighted the phone back to me.

The fingerprint sensor works better than new and overall, I’m satisfied with the outcome. It did come back without the screen protector, but that’s a minor gripe.

My biggest issue is the poor communication throughout the process. From the moment they told me that my 9 month old phone was out of its one year warranty, to the lack of any update from the “escalation team”, to the notice that my phone was being shipped back to me without any detail as to whether it had been repaired or if they were just shipping it back broken (because it was “out of warranty”).

Hopefully, I’ll never have to use their customer service again.
    Thanks for reporting back.

Good thing you got a fully functioning device back.
    04-02-19 08:18 PM
    Unfortunate experience with a good ending it would seem. Nothing quite as frustrating as paying a lot of money for something and getting the run around when not as its supposed to be. Hopefully it's working so well pain is forgotten.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    04-03-19 08:07 AM