When is the release? I tought BlackBerry had a release today?
    06-08-19 04:31 PM
    what release? OS?
    06-08-19 05:11 PM
    They postponed the release of new BB10 for the next couple of months.
    06-08-19 05:25 PM
    They postponed the release of new BB10 for the next couple of months.
    Its not BB10, its BB11 and it will launch with the K3. Get your facts right before you post!
    06-08-19 05:27 PM
    Its not BB10, its BB11 and it will launch with the K3. Get your facts right before you post!
    Will it finally include the Dark Hub and Lithuanian language that so many BB10 users requested???
    Flatman likes this.
    06-08-19 05:40 PM
    Will it finally include the Dark Hub and Lithuanian language that so many BB10 users requested???
    Sorry, I am not allowed to disclose any details. LOL.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-08-19 05:43 PM
    When is the release? I tought BlackBerry had a release today?
    On this day six years ago .......
    06-08-19 08:38 PM
    On this day six years ago .......
    No Really?

Same day Thor promised every PlayBook would get BB10.
    Flatman likes this.
    06-08-19 10:42 PM
    Dual boot IP68 rated slider KEY3?
    06-12-19 09:44 AM
    Hypervisor...
    06-12-19 09:51 AM
    Dual boot IP68 rated slider KEY3?
    Pretty sure they scraped that and went with the Passport design.... but still IP68, QNX Hypervisor (BBOS8, BB11, Android Q, and Windows 11), Lithuanian support, fusion battery, and site-to-site Transporter.

But OP what announcement were you looking for? BBMo uses social media, if something is coming they would post something.
    the_boon and Vistaus like this.
    06-12-19 09:56 AM
    BBMo uses social media, if something is coming they would post something.
    Yea BBMo loves communicating with their customer base and device owners. I'm shocked there's such a shroud of mystery about what the future holds.
    whatnow00 likes this.
    06-12-19 10:11 AM
    Yea BBMo loves communicating with their customer base and device owners. I'm shocked there's such a shroud of mystery about what the future holds.
    The shroud is simply more interesting than admitting the future is shaky...
    06-12-19 05:25 PM
    I’m not sure it’s a shroud of mystery. It’s more like they’re taking a big chance and trying not to lose their pants.
    Test the market, see results, analyze next move, test the market....
    06-12-19 06:09 PM
    I’m not sure it’s a shroud of mystery. It’s more like they’re taking a big chance and trying not to lose their pants.
    Test the market, see results, analyze next move, test the market....
    My sense from recent interviews by TCL is that they want to be more current in their phone tech. Foldable phones and screen technology seems to be the focus now. The new rules involving Google patching means that TCL has to get current on the software side too. Perhaps the next BlackBerry phones might be less dependent on BlackBerry IP with respect to the OS and keyboards. Apparently the high fees charged by BlackBerry limit what TCL can do to improve the product at a reasonable price point.
    06-12-19 06:42 PM
    No! It's hologram phone.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-12-19 08:00 PM
    No Really?

Same day Thor promised every PlayBook would get BB10.
    You mean I won't be getting BB10 for my PlayBook? A promise is a promise... 🤔

Bob
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-12-19 08:51 PM
    You mean I won't be getting BB10 for my PlayBook? A promise is a promise...

Bob
    You’ve repeatedly made some questionable choices....

I could probably interest you in some prime lakefront Florida real estate.
    Bob80220 and Vistaus like this.
    06-12-19 09:57 PM
    I could probably interest you in some prime lakefront Florida real estate.
    I would in fact be interested but first I have to sell the bridge I purchased in Brooklyn.

Bob
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-12-19 10:31 PM
    My sense from recent interviews by TCL is that they want to be more current in their phone tech. Foldable phones and screen technology seems to be the focus now. The new rules involving Google patching means that TCL has to get current on the software side too. Perhaps the next BlackBerry phones might be less dependent on BlackBerry IP with respect to the OS and keyboards. Apparently the high fees charged by BlackBerry limit what TCL can do to improve the product at a reasonable price point.
    I don't think BlackBerry is going to sell the Brand, without Android Secure protecting the Brand.

If TCL believes that they can sell PKB phones without the security... BlackBerry might licenses the keyboard, but I think it would be an Alcatel phone with a "keyboard by BlackBerry."

As for reasonable....
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-18-19 08:30 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry is going to sell the Brand, without Android Secure protecting the Brand.

If TCL believes that they can sell PKB phones without the security... BlackBerry might licenses the keyboard, but I think it would be an Alcatel phone with a "keyboard by BlackBerry."

As for reasonable....
    I wonder how much the BB tax would be if TCL only needs to pay for the right to use frets and have BB style key sculpting lol.

Well, there's also the capacitive touch and keyboard software behind it I guess
    06-18-19 11:31 AM