So BlackBerry is great for their security and what not and I like their Dtek app... but I think users want more when it comes to privacy.

Has anyone noticed how many times a day Google maps tracks their location? A lot. Mind you I have:
    -Locations turned off
    -Location History (Paused)
    -Location Sharing - off
    -Wi-Fi Scanning - off
    -Bluetooth Scanning - off

Next I turned on the Sensitive Notifications when Google Maps access my location, and despite all the above turned off - throughout the day I get notified that I'm sending my location to Google. I don't mind the feature, I just mind that I can't control it. Has anyone else noticed this?
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    12-16-19 06:43 PM
    Have you turned off "Web and App Activity" in your Google account? That also makes calls to the user's location.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-16-19 06:55 PM
    yes, that's all turned off. and still I get these notifications that Google maps is accessing my location. is that even legal?
    12-31-19 12:32 PM
    The TOS you clicked okay on probably has mentioned Google and TCL can use your data for whatever. So guess, yes, legal.

I have disabled google maps.
    12-31-19 04:44 PM
    I found at first getting this phone I was constantly told by google where I was and asked if I knew this place. I also had ok Google working. Then I did a factory rest and ok google only works if I hold the home down. Not sure if google changed that or a setting. It looks like I should have it by all the settings. I also have not been told where I have been or how my picture are making such a difference.

Google makes it so hard to turn stuff off and then it is hard to get it back. Not that I care other than I like to know how to and what makes this do what they do.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    12-31-19 07:56 PM