Hiya fellows,

As a Blackberry passport SE owner, I want to compare with upcoming Blackberry Key2.

Let's skip the OS/Spec comparison because Blackberry is not really about the specifications. Here are the things I want to know/compare.

Which phone is better?

1. Speaker
    2. Screen
    3. Speaker phone.
    4. Mic
    5. Keyboard
    6. Cellular Signal

How far is Blackberry Key2 ahead of Blackberry Passport SE?
    06-18-18 04:46 PM
    Those are all considered specs, maybe you are trying to choose only things where the Passport might stand a chance in some eyes? No mention of Camera. Since these are specs, phone speed is fair game.

I only add those things because as a prospective Key2 user, I care about them. I would not buy a passport, because the Key2 is better for me in all those ways including OS.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-18-18 06:45 PM
    Those are all considered specs, maybe you are trying to choose only things where the Passport might stand a chance in some eyes? No mention of Camera. Since these are specs, phone speed is fair game.
    Right! Forgot the camera. I mean Key2 is definitely much faster and it's too obvious.
    Sporkguy3 and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-18-18 06:50 PM
    Passport is like 4 years old device so Key2 win in every category but passport was a such a great device and I expect Key2 to be even better!
    Qorax and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-18-18 08:32 PM
    I like to play around with my Passport SE and use the browser when laying in bed. I have not run into any problems that prevent me from doing what I want on it.

One thing I can say is, there hasn't been a BlackBerry device with better audio than the Passport and Z30. If BlackBerry Mobile could leverage the same technology and put stereo speakers in the KEY3, that would be great. They could probably do a much better job in 2018 and have even better quality audio.
    06-18-18 11:33 PM
    Passport is like 4 years old device so Key2 win in every category but passport was a such a great device and I expect Key2 to be even better!
    Microphones, Speakers are definitely BETTER on the Passport.

Screen and Cellular Signal are also better.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    SolarBear28 and Qorax like this.
    06-19-18 12:20 AM

Remember the Paratek antenna in Z30? That was an amazing signal.
    06-19-18 01:10 AM
    Gave my Passport to my dad.. Thinking of getting Key2 to replace it
    06-19-18 03:00 AM
    Remember the Paratek antenna in Z30? That was an amazing signal.
    I wonder why blackberry paratek antenna no longer exist? Paratek antenna was beast!
    06-19-18 05:41 AM
    Passport SE is the greatest BlackBerry ever... hence why BBMobile emulated and studied it to produce what is now the Key2. The Key2 is the Passport SE frame and style molded into the KeyOne form factor. They took notes from the PPSE.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-19-18 07:03 AM
    Passport SE is the greatest BlackBerry ever... hence why BBMobile emulated and studied it to produce what is now the Key2. The Key2 is the Passport SE frame and style molded into the KeyOne form factor. They took notes from the PPSE.

Posted via CB10
    Are there links to this? Or are you speculating?
    06-19-18 08:13 AM

How would you even know about the Cellular signal on the Key2? For me I would argue the Screen is better on the Key2, the shape is gonna give me a bigger view for most youtube videos. I do understand the Passport screen shape has it's uses and over all the size is the same. I will still lean Key2 for my use.
    06-19-18 10:05 AM
    Hiya fellows,

As a Blackberry passport SE owner, I want to compare with upcoming Blackberry Key2.

Let's skip the OS/Spec comparison because Blackberry is not really about the specifications. Here are the things I want to know/compare.

Which phone is better?

1. Speaker
    2. Screen
    3. Speaker phone.
    4. Mic
    5. Keyboard
    6. Cellular Signal

Regarding the six items you selected, the Passport is likely to be better (and IS better than any phone I have used). But these are about the ONLY six items in which it is better.
    06-19-18 12:55 PM
    Regarding the six items you selected, the Passport is likely to be better (and IS better than any phone I have used). But these are about the ONLY six items in which it is better.
    But those six items are most essential phone features. I won't say passport is better because there is no official review yet. Benefit of Key2 would be Android Oreo, better processor, better camera, newer LTE bands.
    06-19-18 01:07 PM
    But those six items are most essential phone features. I won't say passport is better because there is no official review yet. Benefit of Key2 would be Android Oreo, better processor, better camera, newer LTE bands.
    Yes, I agree with you. Any my point can be summed up this way: this afternoon I had a conference call. Sitting on my desk is a KEYone, a Galaxy s8 and a Passport SE. You can probably guess which phone I took the call on.
    krazyatom and Kraeutermann like this.
    06-19-18 02:24 PM
    Hiya fellows,

Which phone is better?

1. Speaker
    2. Screen
    3. Speaker phone.
    4. Mic
    5. Keyboard
    6. Cellular Signal

I have two Passports at the moment. Key2 is by far better device than the Passport. Camera is miles ahead so is the battery life . All the other points which you have mentioned is immaterial for me as Passport is now in its last legs.
    06-20-18 05:04 AM
    I have two Passports at the moment. Key2 is by far better device than the Passport. Camera is miles ahead so is the battery life . All the other points which you have mentioned is immaterial for me as Passport is now in its last legs.
    Personally disagree (technically agree).

Passport has a 'wow factor' which no other phone can beat, imo. Tho made in 2014, it still is the most futuristic design till date.

The size, shape, quality of workmanship and the keyboard is my calling. Imho, if there has to be a keyboard on a phone - it has to be the Passport's.

The K2 is fine. Kudos to TCL for doing a wonderful job. But, I'm yet not wooed by it w.r.t. my Passport/s.
    IndianTiwari and Legal Eagle like this.
    06-20-18 06:18 AM
    Personally disagree (technically agree).

Passport has a 'wow factor' which no other phone can beat, imo. Tho made in 2014, it still is the most futuristic design till date.

The size, shape, quality of workmanship and the keyboard is my calling. Imho, if there has to be a keyboard on a phone - it has to be the Passport's.

The K2 is fine. Kudos to TCL for doing a wonderful job. But, I'm yet not wooed by it w.r.t. my Passport/s.
    I agree with you. Passport has been a legendary device by BlackBerry. The magic PKB coupled with the square screen was phenomenal. I wish BlackBerry / TCL had launched it in android to extend its life .
    Anyway I have moved on since then still using the Passport sparingly but my primary device is now Motion and will go for KeyTwo shortly. I have gifted my KeyOne to a friend.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-20-18 06:33 AM
    The Passport was a great device but time to move on. Key2 is better in so many ways.
    06-20-18 08:16 AM
    The technology of the Key2 will be far superior to the passport se. it’s impossible to compare the two they are from two different worlds.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-20-18 08:18 AM
    Hiya fellows,

Which phone is better?

1. Speaker
    2. Screen
    3. Speaker phone.
    4. Mic
    5. Keyboard
    6. Cellular Signal

I own a KEYone and a Passport. Based on those I can answer with:

KEYone:
    1. Speaker -- Absolutely totally sucks. Tin-can sound, no stereo speakers, much less bass. No decent system-wide equalizer that works without having to start it every time manually.
    2. Screen -- Sucks for productivity. Square screen is way way better.
    3. Speaker phone. -- Sucks, same reasons as 1.
    4. Mic -- Sucks. No stereo mic, the quality is just obviously not as good.
    5. Keyboard -- You can get used to it. Weight distribution is not as good as the Passport's.
    6. Cellular Signal -- Not as good as the Passport, but still OK. Same goes for WIFI. The Passport's antenna design was better. Period.
    krazyatom and Qorax like this.
    06-20-18 09:07 AM
    The technology of the Key2 will be far superior to the passport se. it’s impossible to compare the two they are from two different worlds.
    I agree but it will be disappointing if Passport has better quality hardware.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-20-18 10:56 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport. The king of phones. Undisputed champion.
    Kraeutermann and krazyatom like this.
    06-20-18 10:57 AM
    I LOVE my Passport! But it is 4 years old and starting to get sluggish, so I am looking at the Key2 to replace it, esp. since I'd bypassed the KeyOne.
    06-20-18 03:30 PM
    No one but testers and media heads have a KEY2, so this discussion is just guessing.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-20-18 04:43 PM
26 12