Hi Guys
    i was wondering to get Key2 "again" , I have used keyone , Note8 + physical keyboard, but then but back to Iphone 7+ (been a apple user for quite long)
    now i was thinking to get Key2 , my last complaint for Keyone is the software quite hard and quite slow sometimes, Note 8 with pkb by that time is the best combination but the key is harder than Keyone, anyway ...
    I want to know what is the "most productivity tips that u use in Keyone "
    are you guys really productive or you think you are productive
    shoot the reason ....

My Reason : i want to type without have to stare at my phone ....
    06-05-18 06:27 PM
    Well you can't type on a VKB without looking at the screen. Next question.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-05-18 07:30 PM
    Well you can't type on a VKB without looking at the screen. Next question.
    I am typing this on a virtual keyboard without looking at it
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-05-18 08:30 PM
    I can only imagine you aren't the only one. This argument really doesn't hold anymore. People are so proficient with their VKBs.
    06-05-18 09:28 PM
    I can only imagine you aren't the only one. This argument really doesn't hold anymore. People are so proficient with their VKBs.
    I'm less productive with a vkb. I don't have to look at a pkb much. I have to scrutinize the output of a vkb to avoid looking like an *****.

I just typed "have to" and it came out "she". If I had to count the number of errors a vkb causes in a week, I'd fall asleep counting.

To each his own. Maybe I am bad at a vkb. Maybe my thumbs are too big. But for me, for business use, a vkb is far superior. I would still be using my Priv but for the agonizing week of no signal on AT&T, and its subpar battery life. I skipped the Keyone because of reported screen and antenna issues.

Can't wait for the Key2 (after some real world reviews).

Okay, having looked through this two times , I'll hit submit.
    06-05-18 09:41 PM
    I'm less productive with a vkb. I don't have to look at a pkb much. I have to scrutinize the output of a vkb to avoid looking like an *****.

I just typed "have to" and it came out "she". If I had to count the number of errors a vkb causes in a week, I'd fall asleep counting.

To each his own. Maybe I am bad at a vkb. Maybe my thumbs are too big. But for me, for business use, a vkb is far superior. I would still be using my Priv but for the agonizing week of no signal on AT&T, and its subpar battery life. I skipped the Keyone because of reported screen and antenna issues.

Can't wait for the Key2 (after some real world reviews).

Okay, having looked through this two times , I'll hit submit.
    What keyboard are you using? I bet that can have a significant impact, no?
    06-05-18 09:43 PM
    I find it a lot less tiresome to type on a virtual keyboard cause you need a lot less pressure to have a key registered. It’s ideal to type really long emails.
    06-05-18 09:48 PM
    ok so now the issues is the pkb , and lots of advantage for this pkb which are :
    1, muscle memory typing ( typing without looking at screen) - cons : need force to press the button compare to vkb
    2. shorcut for apps

please continue ....
    Last edited by zhentsui; 06-05-18 at 10:50 PM.
    06-05-18 10:23 PM
    Hi Guys
    i was wondering to get Key2 "again" , I have used keyone , Note8 + physical keyboard, but then but back to Iphone 7+ (been a apple user for quite long)
    now i was thinking to get Key2 , my last complaint for Keyone is the software quite hard and quite slow sometimes, Note 8 with pkb by that time is the best combination but the key is harder than Keyone, anyway ...
    shoot the reason ....

You actually managed to find a keyboard cover for the Note 8 that isn't Korean/English?
    06-06-18 03:48 AM
    I own a BlackBerry and both my personal and worklife are not productive at all. This doesn't corelate with a phone. With good selection of apps, you can reach the same productivity level on almost any phone. BB is mainly a oldschool brand (for a VKB phones), I wouldn't say that the preinstalled BB Suite is a miracle in making your agenda done faster and more efficient (though I use it and like it, I am too lazy to search for a better solution).
    06-06-18 06:41 AM
    I own a BlackBerry and both my personal and worklife are not productive at all. This doesn't corelate with a phone. With good selection of apps, you can reach the same productivity level on almost any phone. BB is mainly a oldschool brand (for a VKB phones), I wouldn't say that the preinstalled BB Suite is a miracle in making your agenda done faster and more efficient (though I use it and like it, I am too lazy to search for a better solution).
    I think this is the case for many people.
    06-06-18 07:13 AM
    What keyboard are you using? I bet that can have a significant impact, no?
    I use Swiftkey. When it has problems I switch to Fleksy or Gboard. They all seem to work about the same from an accuracy standpoint. I also use voice recognition via the keyboards and while voice recognition has gotten very accurate of late--probably outstripping autocorrect in pure progress--it is really, really difficult to correct text within a paragraph of spoken text.

Further, I don't see any improvements in (Android) vkb's that remotely compare to the improvements to the BlackBerry pkb (TouchPad use, fingerprint sensor, cursor for corrections, flicking).

I really like the option of either keyboard on the Priv. But I probably used the pkb 90 percent of the time.
    06-06-18 07:53 AM
    In my perspective :
    This or course does correlate with the phone.
    The more productive in a phone means we can do more in less time.
    Of course They are pleasure and work both in our device.
    But let's us focus on work area for this topic.

06-06-18 11:12 PM
    ok so now the issues is the pkb , and lots of advantage for this pkb which are :
    1, muscle memory typing ( typing without looking at screen) - cons : need force to press the button compare to vkb
    2. shorcut for apps

please continue ....
    3. That keyboard sound when you're typing blazing fast in a board meeting full of powerful people, while maintaining eye contact with them...
    zhentsui and the_boon like this.
    06-07-18 02:43 AM
    No I bought the Korean English. The layout is the same
    06-07-18 02:58 AM
    Hi Guys
    shoot the reason ....

If you want to get speed and accuracy BlackBerry PKB is the answer. On a VKB device like the Motion it is impossible to type without looking at the screen.
    06-07-18 03:43 AM
    One of the things that always drove me nuts about a VKB was losing half the screen to it whenever I wanted to type anything. Doesn't seem to bother most people though.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    06-07-18 03:46 AM
    If you want to get speed and accuracy BlackBerry PKB is the answer. On a VKB device like the Motion it is impossible to type without looking at the screen.
    I never tried the motion but I am typing this without looking at the keyboard on my iPhone. Virtual keyboard has come a long way and it’s much more performant that they used to be.

They also have the advantage of being able to type very long messages without being tired

-Able to use multiple keyboard or multiple languages

-Being totally quiet in a meeting room.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-01-18 10:26 PM
    Ok...well you can type accurately on a physical keyboard without looking at the screen
    07-01-18 10:54 PM
    I find it a lot less tiresome to type on a virtual keyboard cause you need a lot less pressure to have a key registered. It’s ideal to type really long emails.
    You need to renew your membership at the finger gym
    07-01-18 10:55 PM
    I never tried the motion but I am typing this without looking at the keyboard on my iPhone. Virtual keyboard has come a long way and it’s much more performant that they used to be.

They also have the advantage of being able to type very long messages without being tired

I have not used the iphone therefore cannot comment on this but now a days as you said VKB's have also matured a lot and are way better . But IMHO the PKB remains my favourite may be I am biased.
    07-02-18 02:00 AM
    Yeah cause it's such a cardio workout (scratches head)
    07-02-18 02:21 AM
    I am a freelance screendesigner and I manage my time tracking, tasks, kanban boards and emails on my KEY2. I even edit Excel sheets very often. I wouldn't do this without a keyboard.
    07-02-18 03:31 AM

OK, then what about numbers, special characters, passwords, even code. You're talking about how great virtual keyboards with their auto correction and prediction have come, but as soon as it's a special word or numbers all these benefits are gone.

Remember, BlackBerry keyboard ALSO has come a long way in terms of auto correction, prediction and can do that even with multiple languages (I have set up German, English and Italian) I guess not even the Gboard can do that.
    07-02-18 03:36 AM
    OK, then what about numbers, special characters, passwords, even code. You're talking about how great virtual keyboards with their auto correction and prediction have come, but as soon as it's a special word or numbers all these benefits are gone.

Remember, BlackBerry keyboard ALSO has come a long way in terms of auto correction, prediction and can do that even with multiple languages (I have set up German, English and Italian) I guess not even the Gboard can do that.
    It can. BlackBerry VKB is a little behind Gboard for bells and whistles.
    07-02-18 03:38 AM
42 12