The silence is deafing and the rumours going wild , also TCL wanted nothing to say about BlackBerry on IFA but only saying there focus is on there own brand for the next years and alcatel. Also update's for apps, security and more seems lesser and lesser and BlackBerry Mobile and TCL should come with a statement what is the status of a new device, future software and update and they should do it pronto because at the moment no KEY user is willing tor has doubts to buy a BlackBerry device.

I wanted to buy a new key device but have doubt about support and my wife also wanted a new device and so there are more people in BlackBerry groups on BBMe all are waiting for a sound or just move to another brand and leave BlackBerry.

KEY2 is a year old and OS is android 8 and support will be probarly for another year so why should people buy it , I asked twice both BlackBerry Mobile and TCL about future support and no answer. The silence keeps deafing and so long that is I will probarly buy another brand and so my wife.

So get out and gives us what we need to here and be done with it.
    cyberdoggie and yybenedb like this.
    09-06-19 12:03 PM
    also TCL wanted nothing to say about BlackBerry on IFA but only saying there focus is on there own brand for the next years and alcatel
    You got the answer for your thread!
    09-06-19 12:19 PM
    Yep on IFA they are silent about BlackBerry but still there are some days left ,but be honest if we hear nothing this weekend then BllackBerry Mobile and TCL deal is dead.
    09-06-19 12:21 PM
    Yep on IFA the are are silent about BlackBerry but still there are some days left ,but be honest if we hear nothing this weekend then BllackBerry Mobile and TCL deal is dead
    The German journalist Mr. Elmar promised to announce the results of his investigation soon. We are waiting.
    09-06-19 12:23 PM
    The silence is deafing and the rumours going wild , also TCL wanted nothing to say about BlackBerry on IFA but only saying there focus is on there own brand for the next years and alcatel. Also update's for apps, security and more seems lesser and lesser and BlackBerry Mobile and TCL should come with a statement what is the status of a new device, future software and update and they should do it pronto because at the moment no KEY user is willing tor has doubts to buy a BlackBerry device.

I wanted to buy a new key device but have doubt about support and my wife also wanted a new device and so there are more people in BlackBerry groups on BBMe all are waiting for a sound or just move to another brand and leave BlackBerry.

KEY2 is a year old and OS is android 8 and support will be probarly for another year so why should people buy it , I asked twice both BlackBerry Mobile and TCL about future support and no answer. The silence keeps deafing and so long that is I will probarly buy another brand and so my wife.

TCL is not going to tank the sales of their remaining units by making any kind of announcement until they're (almost) gone.

It's a simple as that.
    09-06-19 12:28 PM
    TCL is not going to tank the sales of their remaining units by making any kind of announcement until they're (almost) gone.

It's a simple as that.
    Any idea what that inventory is? I would suspect it to be near zero since the key2 is long sold out, the le likely sold out too or near that point and different colored le variants (assembled from spare parts supposedly) should be close to sold out - at least at the manufactures (TCL).

Posted via CB10
    09-06-19 12:39 PM
    Any idea what that inventory is? I would suspect it to be near zero since the key2 is long sold out, the le likely sold out too or near that point and different colored le variants (assembled from spare parts supposedly) should be close to sold out - at least at the manufactures (TCL).

Posted via CB10
    I just don't know.

Apparently some new stock is heading to NA, but it's probably left-over, repurposed international stock.
    09-06-19 12:43 PM
    I just don't know.

Apparently some new stock is heading to NA, but it's probably left-over, repurposed international stock.
    If inventories are low, and I think they should be, and recent confirmation for key 2 Sept security update, then sounds like business as usual, no IFA announcement needed.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-19 12:54 PM
    The price here goes up from around 600 now to 700 euro but the is on shop selling the red key2 for lesser then 600 euro and was thinking to buy that one but have doubts about support for the device
    09-06-19 12:55 PM

If they didn't care to reply, do you really want to do business with them? Seems helpful to keep asking, as it will eventually force a statement and have an impact on them, but if you like a physical keyboard and can't get a KEY2, maybe try the F(x)tec Pro1 or that Uhihertz Titan.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    09-06-19 03:23 PM
    If they didn't care to reply, do you really want to do business with them? Seems helpful to keep asking, as it will eventually force a statement and have an impact on them, but if you like a physical keyboard and can't get a KEY2, maybe try the F(x)tec Pro1 or that Uhihertz Titan.
    Or the Planet Cosmo Communicator...
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    09-06-19 03:32 PM
    The price here goes up from around 600 now to 700 euro but the is on shop selling the red key2 for lesser then 600 euro and was thinking to buy that one but have doubts about support for the device
    This isn't new. This is same as buying the brand in 2013 or so. Actually, back then was even riskier since BlackBerry as company was close to implosion.

I won't buy the brand if not offered through AT&T so I'm done already with the AT&T KEYone and still have a BE KEYone used as backup device. It will probably be retired in the next 30-60 days. I'm now single carrying an XR which is first time in almost 14 years. Technically, my BE KEYone is being carried but only used for CB on Wi-Fi as it's an emergency phone with $3/month of T-Mobile service.

I'm patiently waiting for AT&T to offer postpaid account BBMo/Palm/TCL/Alcatel phone that's not prepaid account type burner. Check out the XR or Android VKB mid-tier hardware.
    09-06-19 03:49 PM
    Why would you get a TCL phone ? Regardless, it may be a while before the Plex to cone to the USA.

They say the screen will be their calling card but they still are in need of a good camera. I suspect that Xiaomi and TCL are sharing tech so that may help.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-06-19 at 04:25 PM.
    09-06-19 04:12 PM
    Why would you get a TCL phone ?
    If AT&T offers and it's received good reviews, after six months, I'll consider it. Seriously, I did that for their previous hardware, both Alcatel licensed and BlackBerry licensed. Why shouldn't I consider?
    09-06-19 04:24 PM
    If AT&T offers and it's received good reviews, after six months, I'll consider it. Seriously, I did that for their previous hardware, both Alcatel licensed and BlackBerry licensed. Why shouldn't I consider?
    Because TCL does not have a track record of making good phones ... yet. Judging from Dteks and the Motion. Going Android gives a person a bit more latitude in some markets.
    09-06-19 04:26 PM
    Because TCL does not have a track record of making good phones ... yet.
    Not sure your comparison stick. I found the KEYones on par with my Classic, Passport and PRIV in terms of physical hardware build quality. From software perspective, I can't fault BB10 since the ecosystem was doomed from the beginning and BBAndroid has improved tremendously with each letter/number upgrade.

Doesn't matter as that's why I let AT&T do all the heavy lifting and examining. I'm super lazy and just expect people and phones to do their jobs..
    09-06-19 04:33 PM
    Why is the radio silence so troubling for some people? If I see that it is raining I don't wait for official word from NOAA before I pick up my umbrella.
    09-06-19 04:43 PM
    How many nails now is it in the coffin? They must be running out of nails.
    John Albert, duncan86 and eldricho like this.
    09-06-19 05:24 PM
    Personally, I'm not certain why people seem so surprised at the state of all things BlackBerry. I bought my KEY2 knowing the risk, suspecting that the end was near and knowing it could sadly be my last pkb device ever (fair disclosure - I must admit that I thought the same thing when I bought my Passport and my KEYone Hey, what the heck do I know?).

I installed BlackBerry Keyboard, Hub and other BB software on my OnePlus. If BlackBerry continues to make their (admittedly somewhat abbreviated) software available for Android devices, I will continue to use it even if TCL no longer produces BlackBerry-branded hardware. I will use my KEY2 (which I am pretty happy with) until I can no longer feasibly do so. I will also use a vkb device for the "fun stuff."

A world without a BlackBerry phone will be sad (at least for me) but not the end of the world. I guess I came to terms with BlackBerry's failing health and possible (probable?) demise years ago.

As in all things in life, enjoy it while you can.
    09-06-19 05:45 PM
    A world without a BlackBerry phone will be sad (at least for me) but not the end of the world. I guess I came to terms with BlackBerry's failing health and possible (probable?) demise years ago.

As in all things in life, enjoy it while you can.
    It ain't over till it's over son, have faith

Posted via CB10
    09-06-19 07:26 PM
    Over the years the Blackberry phones have served their purpose as a secure mobile device. I gladly paid the price for the products as they met my needs.

Blackberry LTD /TCL owes me nothing. If this is it for the hardware...so be it. I will move on. Like employment in some states in the US. At-will means I can get let go from an employer without notice and I can quit a job with out a 2 week notice. 2 week notice is a courtesy. TCL do not have to communicate with me as a consumer prior to ending a product. They probably want to move remaining inventory before an announcement.
    09-06-19 07:36 PM

The end of BlackBerry.
    09-06-19 08:24 PM
    It's such a small division under a larger corporation. They probably don't know themselves!
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-06-19 10:34 PM
    Because TCL does not have a track record of making good phones ... yet. Judging from Dteks and the Motion. Going Android gives a person a bit more latitude in some markets.
    Their track record outside of BlackBerry isn't bad, the Alcatel Idol series for example would get great reviews.

IMO their Achilles heel has always been software support, if they can solve that with their TCL devices I think they have a shot.
    09-07-19 12:16 AM
    Their plan seems to be to concentrate on having the best screens for the money. The Plex may be their first phone where their version of “bloatware “ was not panned.

The official spin ... sounds kind of familiar but I think they have learned from their BlackBerry experience.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-ifa-2019/?amp
    09-07-19 01:09 AM
54 123