11-21-18 10:33 AM
32 12
tools
    I'd be interested to hear from folks who are using Nova + Button Remapper why they like this option more than the Blackberry Launcher. (While I know it works for some folks, I find I'm not inclined to use the Speed Key.) What do you give up using Nova?
    09-08-18 08:25 AM
    Nova is faster, smoother and has a ton of options but only if you can live without keyboard shortcuts.

Button mapper is a great programme and i use it to change the properties of the capacitive buttons but it isnt quite perfect for keyboard shortcuts so i dont bother with them.
    09-08-18 08:33 AM
    09-08-18 08:41 AM
    This app will assist getting shortcut working with Nova
    09-08-18 08:42 AM
    This app will assist getting shortcut working with Nova
    None of these button mapper apps work well with the keyboard so i avoid them.

This is the best one i have found but it still has its problems with the keyboard. great for the capacitive buttons though

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton
    09-08-18 08:52 AM
    The bottom line is if you are going to use nova you need to be prepared to give up keyboard shortcuts.
    09-08-18 08:55 AM
    I haven't see much sluggish on the BlackBerry Launcher so far to go back to Nova. I'll use it for a few weeks before giving any feedback
    bitek likes this.
    09-08-18 09:07 AM
    I use Nova Launcher and my Quick Launch keys and Speed Key still work. Best of both worlds.

if they are not supposed to work together, I don't know what I did to get them to work side by side
    09-08-18 10:44 AM
    went back and forth between BB Launcher and Nova for a while, only because I missed the shortcuts. Speed key + letter is pointless. I am now on Nova for good, too bad for the short cuts. BB Launcher is so basic, I can't stand it. A few improvements would make it fine but BB is clearly not putting the time and effort into it. I gave Button Remapper a try but too much work, tired of looking around for what should be already there. Sometimes I feel like android is just an excuse for letting people fend for themselves for something that's often just acceptable and that you very often have to pay for if you don't want to be swamped with ugly advertising.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 09-08-18 at 02:04 PM.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-08-18 01:04 PM
    Does the normal launcher let you swipe to the right for google feed? Would this phone allow you to install the google launcher if wanted?
    09-24-18 07:50 AM
    Does the normal launcher let you swipe to the right for google feed? Would this phone allow you to install the google launcher if wanted?
    No for the first question; not sure about the second.
    09-24-18 12:13 PM
    I use nova and still use speed key + keys
    09-25-18 09:20 AM
    I just received my key 2 friday and I have been going between both of these launchers and have settled on Nova. I love the different customization options and i love the google swipe left page. I cant get the shortcuts to work as some have stated they did but the speek key shortcuts work.

I am also using the type on keyboard to search everything instead of google. Google lets you search between apps and internet however not as detailed as universal search on device where it searches emails and other tihngs. When i need to search google i use the convenicne key and hold it. Still trying to find the perfect set up
    10-01-18 07:13 AM
    I own nova pro version (I bought it when I had PRIv) but I prefer blackberry launcher with keyone. Shortcuts make big difference forward me. blackberry launcher has most customizations I need and it is fast on my KEYone.
    10-13-18 05:38 AM
    what annoys me in nova is that you can't scroll with the pkb on homescreen
    10-13-18 05:48 AM
    I used this combination on nova. fastkey remapped to the speed key using button remapper. you will need to remap the home key to the nova launcher app also. change the search to nova search instead of Google search.

now I only need to press the "speed" key once and then another key to start my app. with fast key, u can even map shortcuts and apps to any key on the physical keyboard, eg. alt key. it supports long press also.

I can still do my search with nova search on my home screen.

this is the best set up for me at the moment.
    10-13-18 07:21 PM
    I used this combination on nova. fastkey remapped to the speed key using button remapper. you will need to remap the home key to the nova launcher app also. change the search to nova search instead of Google search.

now I only need to press the "speed" key once and then another key to start my app. with fast key, u can even map shortcuts and apps to any key on the physical keyboard, eg. alt key. it supports long press also.

I can still do my search with nova search on my home screen.

this is the best set up for me at the moment.
    Interesting combo. Would it work on keyone with assigning right shift with button mapper to fastkey and then using shortcuts? Then it would be just like the speedkey.
    Can you also disable it in text input and specific apps?
    10-14-18 02:27 AM
    It should work on keyone with your combo. however, the fastkey works by pressing the assigned fastkey and pressing the next key. if you use right shift then you can press it without activating the app. there is no option to disable for specific app.
    10-14-18 02:34 AM
    okay i tried it. using the convenience key with fastkey as intended it works very fast. But assigning the shift key via button mapper to fastkey works way to slow. the response time is so slow, using homebutton is 3 times faster.
    10-14-18 02:47 AM
    okay i tried it. using the convenience key with fastkey as intended it works very fast. But assigning the shift key via button mapper to fastkey works way to slow. the response time is so slow, using homebutton is 3 times faster.
    I don't have this issue at all. The response is very fast. U have to remap the home button to nova app. I used buttons remapper not button mapper.
    10-14-18 07:44 AM
    I use nova and still use speed key + keys
    Keys, but no shortcuts by tapping keys, right?
    10-14-18 08:15 AM
    I don't have this issue at all. The response is very fast. U have to remap the home button to nova app. I used buttons remapper not button mapper.
    I don't use nova. But remapper is faster then?
    10-14-18 03:32 PM
    ok lol it's so fast, it works almost instantly. thanks.

Only annoying thing is that it still activates when im typing. So i can't use right shift anymore for copy paste shortcuts
    10-14-18 03:41 PM
    ok lol it's so fast, it works almost instantly. thanks.

Only annoying thing is that it still activates when im typing. So i can't use right shift anymore for copy paste shortcuts
    Why don't u map the fastkey to the dollar sign. Then use swipe down on the keyboard to get your onscreen keyboard for dollar sign?
    10-14-18 05:20 PM
    This is the best way to insert a $ sign with a KEY² IMO:

/blackberry-key2-f472/feedback-blackberry-key-1157141/
    10-14-18 05:42 PM
32 12