There is a beta update to the keyboard in Play Store. Might be what some of you are waiting for.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-24-19 11:16 AM
    There is a beta update to the keyboard in Play Store. Might be what some of you are waiting for.
    Yes testing it out as we speak
    04-24-19 11:21 AM
    Yes... I have installed the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard app update and I'm also testing it out. My initial findings are positive... However, before I make a statement regarding this is the PKB sensitivity issue fix we ALL have been waiting for I want to give it more time.

Bob
    bb_bunny likes this.
    04-24-19 11:27 AM
    Thought we were told keyboard updates are now part of the OS updates??? Unless this is specific to VKB maybe?
    04-24-19 12:08 PM
    Damn I brought my iPhone to work today lol.
    04-24-19 12:26 PM
    Yes... I have installed the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard app update and I'm also testing it out. My initial findings are positive... However, before I make a statement regarding this is the PKB sensitivity issue fix we ALL have been waiting for I want to give it more time.

Bob
    I agree. But my initial findings are that it's not gone. I just needed a second swiping gesture in this last sentence. Could be a coincidence.

I will be very interested in getting feedback from the people on CB who previously also acknowledged the issue.

I for one will do a lot of testing. I hope the beta developers did their homework.
    04-24-19 12:36 PM
    Much improved experience for me! I agree that it may not be 100% there but this is probably the next most significant improvement over the last one received several months ago.

One thing I noticed is that swiping works much better if you wait a split second before you swipe.

Knock wood, no more involuntary cursor mode or sym vkb popping on my screen...

I can finally enjoy this keyboard.
    the_boon, Rico4you and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-24-19 12:48 PM
    Much improved experience for me! I agree that it may not be 100% there but this is probably the next most significant improvement over the last one received several months ago.

One thing I noticed is that swiping works much better if you wait a split second before you swipe.

Knock wood, no more involuntary cursor mode or sym vkb popping on my screen...

I can finally enjoy this keyboard.
    Great to hear. Yes it's still not 100 percent flawless. For me personally the improvement isn't that big. I already had a pretty good swiping ratio.

Too bad that they aren't communicating anything more than "bugfixes" as a description.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 5 months for another beta.

But like you said. The keyboard is finally usable for the people using the swiping up for predictions feature most of the time.
    04-24-19 12:55 PM
    Thought we were told keyboard updates are now part of the OS updates??? Unless this is specific to VKB maybe?
    This is beta.
    04-24-19 01:25 PM
    This is beta.
    Ahh gotcha so they push the final through the OS patches?
    04-24-19 01:28 PM
    Too bad that they aren't communicating anything more than "bugfixes" as a description.
    Changelog:

The list of words your keyboard learned is cleared when installing this update

Improved typing experience in Chinese or Vietnamese

See the current language on the space bar if you set up more than one language

Access keyboard settings by pressing and holding the settings icon above the keyboard

Improved word predictions

You can no longer set up a third language for the multi-language keyboard feature

The restricted words list is no longer available

It's also reported to fix the auto-cap reboot issue.
    bb_bunny likes this.
    04-24-19 01:28 PM
    Ahh gotcha so they push the final through the OS patches?
    Recently, yes.
    04-24-19 01:29 PM
    Changelog:

Access keyboard settings by pressing and holding the settings icon above the keyboard

You can no longer set up a third language for the multi-language keyboard feature

Improved word predictions sounds like the quality of the words they are suggesting has improved and not so much the swiping up gestures.

That being said I am happy to see other people are experiencing big improvements.

I already had an ok ratio due to keeping the phone free of unnecessary software.

Let's just say we hope they will continue to perfect the swiping but at least it's at an acceptable level now for frequent users of the feature.

About time I would say after a year or more.
    04-24-19 01:39 PM
    Well, early hours yet. The BlackBerry BETA Keyboard update seems to have markedly improved the typing experience once again. Did have SYM pop up once, I believe it was user error. All in all, if this holds, then we may be on the home stretch.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    04-24-19 01:41 PM
    Well, early hours yet. The BlackBerry BETA Keyboard update seems to have markedly improved the typing experience once again. Did have SYM pop up once, I believe it was user error. All in all, if this holds, then we may be on the home stretch.
    I agree. I am already searching for new bugs to complain about once this one is solved. .

Just happy for everyone believing in the cause and the fact that addressing the issue a lot and keeping it on the radar this way has actually weighed on the speed a new beta was developed and released.

Early days I know but happy with this new beta release.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-24-19 01:47 PM
    Changelog:

Interesting, I always had a 3rd language setup on the phone. Now apparently it is nolonger available. I don't mind if it improves the overall typing experience. Right now, this thing is a beast, a true BlackBerry experience, finally after a 9 month wait! Just hope it holds.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 04-24-19 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Well
    04-24-19 01:48 PM
    I agree. I am already searching for new bugs to complain about once this one is solved. .

Just happy for everyone believing in the cause and the fact that addressing the issue a lot and keeping it on the radar this way has actually weighed on the speed a new beta was developed and released.

Early days I know but happy with this new beta release.
    No pressure, no diamonds! Just the way things are!
    04-24-19 01:50 PM
    Having spent a little more time typing and swiping there is a noticeable improvement... most noticeable when swiping the middle word. Is it flawless? No... but most definitely a significant improvement it appears.

Hopefully more work will be done with the keyboard app to get this issue fully resolved. Not having a space showing after swiping a predicted word takes a bit getting used to. I'm curious why this shows in the Beta update. It wasn't there before.

In any event, I appreciate the attention given to this PKB sensitivity issue whether it be BlackBerry or BlackBerry BlackBerry Mobile. I will look forward to future updates that will hopefully fully resolve the issue... 👍

Bob
    anon(10387168) and conite like this.
    04-24-19 03:20 PM
    Having spent a little more time typing and swiping there is a noticeable improvement... most noticeable when swiping the middle word. Is it flawless? No... but most definitely a significant improvement it appears.

Hopefully more work will be done with the keyboard app to get this issue fully resolved. Not having a space showing after swiping a predicted word takes a bit getting used to. I'm curious why this shows in the Beta update. It wasn't there before.

In any event, I appreciate the attention given to this PKB sensitivity issue whether it be BlackBerry or BlackBerry BlackBerry Mobile. I will look forward to future updates that will hopefully fully resolve the issue...

Bob
    Agreed, have had a couple of popup events, but considerably better. Still needs work to achieve a true BlackBerry typing experience. That being said, still very happy with the improvements. Well done and please push through to a full fix.
    04-24-19 03:28 PM
    Yes testing it out as we speak
    You're testing a "dead brand" update? :P
    Last edited by Vistaus; 04-24-19 at 05:16 PM.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    04-24-19 04:29 PM
    Very disappointed with the drop in simultaneous languages from 3 to 2. I imagine they did that as the easiest way to improve word prediction - fewer variables.
    04-24-19 05:02 PM
    Very disappointed with the drop in simultaneous languages from 3 to 2. I imagine they did that as the easiest way to improve word prediction - fewer variables.
    I hear you, so did I. Although now we can still setup 2 languages and toggle the 3rd and so on. Not all is lost.
    chetmanley likes this.
    04-24-19 05:32 PM
    boy oh boy, squeaking wheel gets oil... all those complain about swipe sure know how to type and definitely love PKB - no need to worry they are going to defect IMHO, dead or live brand.
    04-24-19 07:12 PM
    For the most part I see no issues or improvements. I don't swipe a lot so not sure if better or worse. I used it a bit and seems mostly same for me. I'm just happy to see a new beta come out as it means there is still interest to improve and maybe not just give up on this whole deal. I know from when I first got the phone back in September keyboard has improved immensely or my typing has changed. But I think it's more they fixed some of the issues as I just don't get the random vkb pop-up anymore. I type sliding my thumbs around and still no issues. Swiping is only used if I struggle to spell a larger word and even then I can most often just pick the word quicker.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-24-19 10:32 PM
    Hi y'all! I've tried getting the update, but my Play Store doesn't have any update available for the BB Keyboard app. Last version available is the one delivered on December 8th, 2018.
    Could any of you please share the Google Play link here so I can try to get the update? TiA
    04-25-19 09:26 AM
417 123 ...