Nope, it's enabled.
    Looks like you'll need to be extra careful typing and not make any mistakes
    06-05-19 04:26 PM
    Nope, it's enabled.
    Which device are you using? Does swiping down on the physical keyboard bring up the symbols?
    06-05-19 05:29 PM
    Which device are you using? Does swiping down on the physical keyboard bring up the symbols?
    KEY2 and no, I've disabled swipe for symbols.
    06-05-19 05:31 PM
    KEY2 and no, I've disabled swipe for symbols.
    If you toggle the setting for double-tap in Keyboard Gestures, does anything change?
    06-05-19 05:36 PM
    If you toggle the setting for double-tap in Keyboard Gestures, does anything change?
    Nope.
    06-05-19 05:43 PM
    @LiamQ I wonder if this exercise exposed hardware variance; if that so it would corresponds to the varying degrees of PKB sensitivity reports.

I have no issues; both Cursor Mode & SYM VKB gestures are turned Off but turning them On works as intended.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    06-05-19 05:57 PM
    Mine is a NA Silver variant and cursor mode is operating as before. Have you tried a 32+ second reboot?
    06-05-19 06:25 PM
    @Vistaus are you able to scroll web pages, Google feeds, Instagram? Are you able to swip up predicted words?
    06-05-19 07:22 PM
    Nope.
    Do you have Type by Swiping enabled, for either the virtual keyboard or the physical keyboard?
    06-06-19 10:11 AM
    Just received the latest keyboard upgrade. Swiping is working good as it does with each new update. Will see for how long. I like the toggles. I turned off the swipe one and kept double tap as that is something I use often. I am still getting words flicked up I don't or didn't want. Sure like seeing Blackberry still working on this. Hoping that means they expect more phones being made.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    06-06-19 10:06 PM
    New small update today. What did it address @LiamQ? Thanks,
    06-07-19 01:20 PM
    New small update today. What did it address @LiamQ? Thanks,
    • A space is automatically added after you choose a predicted word
    • Improved typing experience when the type by swiping feature is turned on
    • Improvements to capitalization for predicted words
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    06-07-19 01:24 PM
    •A space is automatically added after you choose a predicted word
    Thank you very much. I updated to the current beta and will test it out today.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 02:07 PM
    I sure like the space after the swiped word or selected word. Swiping is about same for me. Works good sometimes. Wish I could master not closing my app when swiping middle word. Usually on my second attempt app closes.

Reg
    06-07-19 02:31 PM
    •Improved typing experience when the type by swiping feature is turned on
    •Improvements to capitalization for predicted words
    Thank you for this LiamQ. Now please put some pressure on TCL to get the last issue fixed and give us swiping perfection.
    RK_BB, Bob80220 and Jake2826 like this.
    06-09-19 01:01 AM
    Another Keyboard update today. What does this one include @LiamQ? Keep them coming!
    06-10-19 05:03 PM
    Another Keyboard update today. What does this one include @LiamQ? Keep them coming!
    • Fixed unexpected spaces when typing Chinese
    • A space is no longer added before “&” or “(“
    • Updated translations for new Keyboard Gestures settings
    anon(10387168) and Jake2826 like this.
    06-10-19 05:05 PM
    Well I am not sure what type by swiping is supposed to do but after turning it on I found it totally useless. No rhyme or reason for anything that is swiped after that. Maybe I just don't get it. But it creates gibberish for me. Turned off and phones work as expected other then I find swiping is back to poor.

Reg 🇨🇦
    06-10-19 08:26 PM
    Just updated the keyboard app this morning from the playstore and noticed that the swipe up issue of predicted words has raised it's ugly head again. For the last week or so it was perfect without any issues, not so now. Even swiping up on the middle word on one occasion in this post inserted the right hand of the three words instead. I like the automatic space after the word prediction and my double press of the space bar appears to be working for inserting a period.
    I haven't installed any new apps lately and have also done a 32 second reboot after finding the issue has returned.
    How come it was perfect for a week or so only to return I can't figure out. I guess this issue will be hard to resolve ,I could just tap on the predicted word's but prefer the swipe up, again the right hand word inserted instead of the middle word.
    06-11-19 04:13 AM
    BlackBerry keyboard update in Play Store-9798.jpg
    Version number
    06-11-19 04:15 AM
    Just updated the keyboard app this morning from the playstore and noticed that the swipe up issue of predicted words has raised it's ugly head again. For the last week or so it was perfect without any issues, not so now. Even swiping up on the middle word on one occasion in this post inserted the right hand of the three words instead. I like the automatic space after the word prediction and my double press of the space bar appears to be working for inserting a period.
    I haven't installed any new apps lately and have also done a 32 second reboot after finding the issue has returned.
    How come it was perfect for a week or so only to return I can't figure out. I guess this issue will be hard to resolve ,I could just tap on the predicted word's but prefer the swipe up, again the right hand word inserted instead of the middle word.
    The previous version wasn't perfect for me. LiamQ confirmed that he couldn't do anything else to help the swiping up of prediction words.

It will be up to BlackBerry Mobile to come up with a better low level driver or something like that.

It's already been a year and still they weren't able to produce a perfect experience.

I applaud LiamQ for at least trying but TCL and BlackBerry Mobile are so unresponsive it's unworthy of a customer focused company.

The directors should be deeply ashamed. I sent a message to a TCL director without response. He's such a loser.
    06-11-19 02:15 PM
    The previous version wasn't perfect for me. LiamQ confirmed that he couldn't do anything else to help the swiping up of prediction words.

It will be up to BlackBerry Mobile to come up with a better low level driver or something like that.

It's already been a year and still they weren't able to produce a perfect experience.

I applaud LiamQ for at least trying but TCL and BlackBerry Mobile are so unresponsive it's unworthy of a customer focused company.

The directors should be deeply ashamed. I sent a message to a TCL director without response. He's such a loser.
    What kind of response did you expect?
    06-12-19 08:06 AM
    What kind of response did you expect?
    At least a response. If someone is taking the trouble to be the voice for a significant user group and respectfully ask for an insight - why would you choose not to answer that?

As a director you're in the ideal position to at least say thanks to a customer reaching out and at least channel it inside the organization.

One sentence is enough.
    06-12-19 09:36 AM
    At least a response. If someone is taking the trouble to be the voice for a significant user group and respectfully ask for an insight - why would you choose not to answer that?

As a director you're in the ideal position to at least say thanks to a customer reaching out and at least channel it inside the organization.

One sentence is enough.
    One sentence wouldn't ever be enough. Not on the keyboard issues topic, that's for sure.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-12-19 10:00 AM
    The auto capitalization is back to it's issue. Random capitalization for me happens for words. Also the auto correction is also random sometimes it works and sometimes it ignores for the same word. Like its to it's or isn't.
    06-13-19 08:53 PM
417 ... 14151617