Just finished the 32+ second reboot and unwanted word flicks are once again at bay. So frustrating!
    06-01-19 06:10 PM
    Just finished the 32+ second reboot and unwanted word flicks are once again at bay. So frustrating!
    Can you please try typing using the VKB and report whether unwanted word flicks occur? If the answer is No then we have yet another example that shows this issue have more to do with driver / hardware rather than keyboard app software.
    06-01-19 06:19 PM
    Can you please try typing using the VKB and report whether unwanted word flicks occur? If the answer is No then we have yet another example that shows this issue have more to do with driver / hardware rather than keyboard app software.
    I am typing this on the VKB and it seems very precise. No unwanted word flicks thus far.
    The haptic feedback is impressive!
    RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    06-01-19 06:23 PM
    I am typing this on the VKB and it seems very precise. No unwanted word flicks thus far.
    Well, if anything became pretty clear to me this past few days is that the keyboard app in and of itself is solid. In other words, the issue is not derived from the app.
    anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    06-01-19 06:25 PM
    The keyboard may be improved, but what a pain it is to have to - on a daily basis - re-enter your personal dictionary so that shortcuts for often-typed phrases are in the system! Every time you turn the Key2 off - it wipes them from the memory! What’s the point of that? Why can’t there be an option to keep your personal dictionary until you no longer wish to?
    06-01-19 07:55 PM
    The keyboard may be improved, but what a pain it is to have to - on a daily basis - re-enter your personal dictionary so that shortcuts for often-typed phrases are in the system! Every time you turn the Key2 off - it wipes them from the memory! What’s the point of that? Why can’t there be an option to keep your personal dictionary until you no longer wish to?
    How many languages do you have configured? If more than one (system) then all you need to do is switch language (Alt+Enter) back and fourth one time after you restart and the dictionary comes back.
    06-01-19 08:34 PM
    The theory of a driver flaw works well with @Thinkbusiness finding that a 32 seconds reboot actually improve swiping performance until it starts deteriorating again.

Given there is no way to "reset" the driver from the UX, I am assuming that a 32 seconds reboot does exactly that which is why we see periodic improved performance.
    Well, if anything became pretty clear to me this past few days is that the keyboard app in and of itself is solid. In other words, the issue is not derived from the app.
    If I had to guess between a driver or a hardware issue I am leaning more towards driver given the same issue exists on the K1 which obviously has a completely different hardware.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    06-01-19 08:37 PM
    How many languages do you have configured? If more than one (system) then all you need to do is switch language (CTRL+Enter) back and fourth one time after you restart and the dictionary comes back.
    Good tip, was not aware. Thanks,
    06-01-19 08:38 PM
    Thanks-but I only have one language configured-English!
    06-02-19 06:28 AM
    @LiamQ I just recently noticed that sometimes Instagram won't scroll down using the PKB (similar physical gesture motion as predicted word swipe up) and one way to "initiate" it is to start scrolling on the screen at which point PKB scrolling will continue. That usually happens right after the app is launched.

Is it possible that some apps just affect the PKB that way and this might be the source of the issue discussed here?
    06-03-19 10:46 AM
    @LiamQ I just recently noticed that sometimes Instagram won't scroll down using the PKB (similar physical gesture motion as predicted word swipe up) and one way to "initiate" it is to start scrolling on the screen at which point PKB scrolling will continue. That usually happens right after the app is launched.

Is it possible that some apps just affect the PKB that way and this might be the source of the issue discussed here?
    I think it's unlikely to be related.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-03-19 11:19 AM

This also happens with Reddit. I think it's app specific.
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    06-03-19 11:28 AM
    This also happens on CB! To start scrolling from the keyboard, I must first scroll on the screen. This happens from time to time, but often enough to be annoying.
    06-03-19 01:32 PM
    Cursor Mode & SYM VKB toggles are finally here! Thank you @LiamQ
    06-05-19 10:49 AM
    Yes!!! Finally a BlackBerry typing experience!
    06-05-19 11:15 AM
    Yes!!! Finally a BlackBerry typing experience!
    Now if only @BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) can update their driver to improve word prediction swipe up we can drive the K2 until the wheels fall off...
    06-05-19 11:22 AM
    Now if only @BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) can update their driver to improve word prediction swipe up we can drive the K2 until the wheels fall off...
    Yes, that would be great!
    06-05-19 11:35 AM
    we can drive the K2 until the wheels fall off...
    Oh oh. You just took any remaining motivation away. Lol.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-05-19 02:33 PM
    Oh oh. You just took any remaining motivation away. Lol.
    Dang it! Mods - delete my post!!! LOL
    06-05-19 02:35 PM
    Latest update broke double tap to move cursor. Already tried disabling and re-enabiling BB Keyboard to no avail.
    06-05-19 03:36 PM
    No issue here.
    06-05-19 03:38 PM
    Latest update broke double tap to move cursor. Already tried disabling and re-enabiling BB Keyboard to no avail.
    Seems like something is different with the double-tap.

Now when I double-tap I get two slider cursors for selection, a single-tap brings the single slider cursor.

Not sure how it was before. But double-tap for two selection cursors, and single-tap for one edit cursor is logical. I'm fine with it.

EDIT: Disregard the above, I was describing what occurs when you tap the screen. Double-tap on the keyboard still operates as before, a single black cursor appears below the text, flashing white cursor in the text.
    Last edited by Wrec; 06-05-19 at 05:03 PM.
    06-05-19 04:05 PM
    Seems like something is different with the double-tap.

Now when I double-tap I get two slider cursors for selection, a single-tap brings the single slider cursor.

Not sure how it was before. But double-tap for two selection cursors, and single-tap for one edit cursor is logical. I'm fine with it.
    I meant that my cursor isn't working anymore at all.
    06-05-19 04:06 PM
    I meant that my cursor isn't working anymore at all.
    Hmmm, that would certainly be an issue, did you toggle if off in the settings by mistake?
    06-05-19 04:11 PM
    Hmmm, that would certainly be an issue, did you toggle if off in the settings by mistake?
    Nope, it's enabled.
    06-05-19 04:22 PM
417 ... 1314151617