I can't speak for BlackBerry Mobile or TCL. It's possible that they're working on improvements at the driver layer.
    By the way, are you saying that the driver is developed and maintained by BlackBerry Mobile / TCL? If so, am I assuming correctly that any such updates are delivered with the monthly OS security updates? Otherwise how do driver updates get delivered?

Now that I think about it, the BlackBerry Mobile rep indicated that they have weekly meetings with BlackBerry to discuss software matters and as per their last meeting on Wednesday this issue is still being worked on so I am sure they meant to say that the software will continue to improve by way of app update rather than OS update...

At any rate, I think we all here give more consideration to your communication than anything else as its proven to be the most credible.

Sorry...it's hard to take defeat
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    06-01-19 11:55 AM
    I can't speak for BlackBerry Mobile or TCL. It's possible that they're working on improvements at the driver layer.
    It would be encouraging if TCL/BlackBerry Mobile did speak up about the swiping of predicted words issue. But it's "crickets" from them... 😠

Bob
    06-01-19 12:00 PM
    By the way, swiping experience using the VKB is absolutely flawless which means that the software does what it's supposed to do and therefore when a PKB gesture is not recognized it means that something related to the hardware (driver or physical) malfunction...
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    06-01-19 12:07 PM
    By the way, are you saying that the driver is developed and maintained by BlackBerry Mobile / TCL? If so, am I assuming correctly that any such updates are delivered with the monthly OS security updates
    TCL does the driver and delivers updates through the monthly security updates. BlackBerry Ltd. does the BlackBerry Keyboard app that is updated via the Play Store.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-01-19 12:28 PM
    Does Priv / Passport have a fingerprint sensor?
    No.
    06-01-19 12:33 PM
    TCL does the driver and delivers updates through the monthly security updates. BlackBerry Ltd. does the BlackBerry Keyboard app that is updated via the Play Store.
    I'm also assuming that the keyboard is just an input device like a joystick. The hardware/driver records a gesture or keypress and hands it off to your app for processing.

My understanding is that if a gesture is not recognised/digitized then there isn't much you can do about it on your end.
    06-01-19 12:41 PM
    I'm also assuming that the keyboard is just an input device like a joystick. The hardware/driver records a gesture or keypress and hands it off to your app for processing.

My understanding is that if a gesture is not recognised/digitized then there isn't much you can do about it on your end.
    This make sense and given VKB gesturing performance is flawless we can assume that the keyboard app and the capacitive screen driver is working as intended which means that the keyboard app can be ruled out...

We are left to wonder if TCL / BlackBerry Mobile is looking into their driver. I doubt it...

Are you able to see driver versions and change logs in the autloader files?
    06-01-19 01:23 PM
    The theory of a driver flaw works well with @Thinkbusiness finding that a 32 seconds reboot actually improve swiping performance until it starts deteriorating again.

Given there is no way to "reset" the driver from the UX, I am assuming that a 32 seconds reboot does exactly that which is why we see periodic improved performance.
    06-01-19 01:28 PM
    Although all efforts to offer relief for the many highly affected devises and consumers is and has been very much appreciated. I must also say that suffering with a defective PKB since launch is a bitter pill to swallow. I and many effected would have gladly traded in our units as many times as necessary in order to source a usable unit, yet BBMo held us at bay by repeatedly stating (via our open tickets) that a software fix was on its way, thus we held on to our defective units well past the trade-in period for the retailer. Even when we requested that a refurbished trade in unit be tested before hand, we were denied out of hand. Several affected members did go that route only to recieve a defective replacement unit that had to again be returned. My hope is, that if a K3 is go forward, that lessons will be learnt and corrected at our expense. Although since TCL/BBMo's communication style is , my confidence is not high for a positive outcome. One change in my personal buying behaviour, as a lifelong BlackBerry supporter is that for the first time (if there is a K3) that I will not be an early adopter and pick one up on Day 1. All shall be clear soon enough.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-01-19 01:30 PM
    This make sense and given VKB gesturing performance is flawless we can assume that the keyboard app and the capacitive screen driver is working as intended which means that the keyboard app can be ruled out...

We are left to wonder if TCL / BlackBerry Mobile is looking into their driver. I doubt it...

Are you able to see driver versions and change logs in the autloader files?
    You can certainly see if changes were made to the files, but there is no way of determining what those changes were.
    06-01-19 01:47 PM
    You can certainly see if changes were made to the files, but there is no way of determining what those changes were.
    Got it! Can I ask you to have a look at the last few and tell us if you see changes? Is it too much to look into all of them since day one?
    06-01-19 01:51 PM
    Look like the only thing that restore a missed swipe is re-swiping slowly and deliberately.

Anything else I have tried seem to have no effect at all...

Re-production:

1. Type and swipe normally until a swipe gesture is missed
    2. Re-swipe slowly and deliberately

This workaround seem to be working consistently.
    06-01-19 03:03 PM
    Look like the only thing that restore a missed swipe is re-swiping slowly and deliberately.

Anything else I have tried seem to have no effect at all...

Re-production:

1. Type and swipe normally until a swipe gesture is missed
    2. Re-swipe slowly and deliberately

This workaround seem to be working consistently.
    It's amazing how we are forced to compensate to have a feature work on a BlackBerry PKB device that should work as it has in the past... It ain't right I'm telling you!!! It shouldn't be this way... We expect and deserve better... 😠

Bob
    06-01-19 03:21 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile @BlackberrySupportTeam
    @Blackberry Mobile Support

I hope you are following this thread closely. It would be very helpful if you provided your feedback so that we can stop speculating, nearly a year into launching the K2.
    06-01-19 04:36 PM
    I'm going to make a business case observation. The Key2 LE has been officially picked up for sale through VZW Business sales channel. When carriers sell devices they don't want support issues. The LE has no capacitive PKB issues to deal with. I don't believe that majority of Key # care about the capacitive PKB feature. Like all other features, everything has a price and consumers determine whether it's worth paying for a specific feature. I suspect the capacitive PKB might go away in future devices. It's simply a feature that isn't that important enough to warrant both cost and/or problems it brings.
    06-01-19 05:02 PM
    I'm going to make a business case observation. The Key2 LE has been officially picked up for sale through VZW Business sales channel. When carriers sell devices they don't want support issues. The LE has no capacitive PKB issues to deal with. I don't believe that majority of Key # care about the capacitive PKB feature. Like all other features, everything has a price and consumers determine whether it's worth paying for a specific feature. I suspect the capacitive PKB might go away in future devices. It's simply a feature that isn't that important enough to warrant both cost and/or problems it brings.
    Could very well be the case, however, the point being made here is that we paid full price for a K2 experience and got a K2 LE experience without a $200 refund. If all that is offered is a non-capacitive PKB, then I'm ok with that. I am not ok with paying a Premium and being stuck with a defective device! Big difference!
    06-01-19 05:10 PM
    Could very well be the case, however, the point being made here is that we paid full price for a K2 experience and got a K2 LE experience without a $200 refund. If all that is offered is a non-capacitive PKB, then I'm ok with that. I am not ok with paying a Premium and being stuck with a defective device! Big difference!
    You got a lot more than capacitive touch for the price difference. And the biggest gesture of all - swipe back - works great.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-01-19 05:20 PM
    You got a lot more than capacitive touch for the price difference. And the biggest gesture of all - swipe back - works great.
    Didn't get what was promised, period!
    06-01-19 05:21 PM
    Didn't get what was promised, period!
    I understand, but you mentioned a dollar figure. You have to break it down.
    06-01-19 05:23 PM
    I understand, but you mentioned a dollar figure. You have to break it down.
    Whatever the breakdown is, the difference was paid for.
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    06-01-19 05:41 PM
    We purchase things everyday overpriced. Not debating the wrong or right of it.

BBMo is not giving back or giving forward anything. Simple, it puts out $1 and it’s determined to get back $1.25 to cover expenses. It has no interest with losing money it doesn’t have to lose. I’m not excusing the behavior just observing the behavior.

I feel like it's business model is from a point of profit and whatever it takes beginning there and the product falls into line. We’re such a niche base to support with a niche product. Basically, we’re free to leave and not come back. The LE and VZW relationships with KEYone, the Key2 and LE all suggest who the customer is , the carrier and both side with sleeves rolled up bloody and bruised from brawling negotiations.
    06-01-19 05:56 PM
    So I have noticed that unwanted word flicks are returning more frequently now, will try a 32 second reboot and report back. Anyone noticing this in the last few days?
    06-01-19 06:00 PM
    I doubt there is much if any negotiating taking place with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile and the US carriers. It's no doubt a take it or leave it posture from the carriers... TCL/BlackBerry Mobile have no position to negotiate from strength and the carriers do.

The carriers don't need TCL/BlackBerry Mobile... but in order to survive in this competitive market TCL/BlackBerry Mobile needs to strike a deal with the US carriers.

Bob
    06-01-19 06:02 PM
    So I have noticed that unwanted word flicks are returning more frequently now, will try a 32 second reboot and report back. Anyone noticing this in the last few days?
    Nope... my KEY2's keyboard is performing flawlessly. Must be user caused... 😁

Bob
    06-01-19 06:06 PM
    Nope... my KEY2's keyboard is performing flawlessly. Must be user caused...

Bob
    Yes of course!
    06-01-19 06:08 PM
417 ... 1213141516 ...