Well, that's something Apple isn't really known for. And yet they have the only ecosystem outside of Google's that made it. Go figure.

Maybe most consumers don't even want to have options and prefer to "settle"?
    Well options aren't as necessary if functionality just works of course. If a certain "feature" results in a 2K post thread then maybe you may want to reconsider.
    anon(10387168), RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    05-17-19 12:15 PM
    Well options aren't as necessary if functionality just works of course. If a certain "feature" results in a 2K post thread then maybe you may want to reconsider.
    I guess, but I was talking about the OS itself, not the keyboard swiping which is exclusive to the KEY devices.
    05-17-19 12:35 PM
    Completely agree Think! If features work as advertised, then yes, by all means lock them down. This is not the case here, so user choice is crucial in order to workaround an obvious defect in order to obtain a satisfactory BlackBerry experience.
    RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    05-17-19 01:49 PM
    This beta is amazing! Best version of the BlackBerry keyboard so far! So nice to get rid of random symbol menu. And the swiping up of predicted words is definitely improved. I haven't had to multiple swipe a single word yet.

In terms of the random cursor activations, although it seems reduced from before, I would make one suggestion to @LiamQ and team: instead of the existing double tap consisting of two short taps, try short tap / long tap to trigger, and short tap / long tap to release. I say this because two consecutive accidental taps would likely come in rapid succession. By 'slowing down' the second tap that activates cursor mode, this may assist in distinguishing from consecutive errant key press(es) and/or touches.

Keyboard is vastly improved with this update and strict reliance on a predictable sym key *only* to trigger said menu. Well done Team!
    anon(10387168), RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    05-17-19 02:17 PM
    There isn't a setting. The KEYone did not support swiping down for the symbol screen, and given the complaints about the swipe down gesture here, it seemed best to make the KEY2 behave the same as the KEYone.

If we get too many complaints about removing the swipe down gesture, we may put it back.
    We're putting the swipe down gesture back for the production release, based on feedback from beta users. If you're on the beta and you strongly prefer not having the swipe down gesture, you can turn off auto-update of BlackBerry Keyboard in the Play Store app.

We're looking into making it a setting for a future release. Thanks to everyone for the valuable input here.
    Bob80220, berry_f30 and hamilgs like this.
    05-21-19 10:35 AM
    We're putting the swipe down gesture back for the production release, based on feedback from beta users. If you're on the beta and you strongly prefer not having the swipe down gesture, you can turn off auto-update of BlackBerry Keyboard in the Play Store app.

We're looking into making it a setting for a future release. Thanks to everyone for the valuable input here.
    Thanks for the update!

Are you also looking into making a settings option for Cursor Mode?

Can you please shed some light onto what is causing these involuntary activations?
    05-21-19 10:41 AM
    Are you also looking into making a settings option for Cursor Mode?
    Yes.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-21-19 10:43 AM
    Yes.
    Thank you!

I am hoping this release will have further sensitivity and performance improvements to a point affected users do not need to avoid it.
    05-21-19 10:49 AM

Thanks for the update @LiamQ... Have you been able to make any progress with the swiping of predicted words? As reported after initial installation of the Beta Keyboard App updates it works flawlessly but then after use/time the performance deteriorates.

Any update regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for all your efforts.

Bob
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-21-19 10:56 AM
    Have you been able to make any progress with the swiping of predicted words? As reported after initial installation of the Beta Keyboard App updates it works flawlessly but then after use/time the performance deteriorates.
    Sorry, we haven't made any progress on that.
    05-21-19 10:57 AM
    Sorry, we haven't made any progress on that.
    I'm sorry to hear that but I have no doubt you've been looking into it... Hopefully you will get this sorted out in the not to distant future.

Bob
    05-21-19 11:00 AM

Thanks LiamQ

Being able to toggle swipe down and cursor mode gestures on and off would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate the team's efforts on these and future updates to the BlackBerry keyboard!
    RK_BB, Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-21-19 12:19 PM
    Thank you @LiamQ for your efforts and the promise of toggle capability for us more effected members. I Have already turned off update until the toggle function is updated on the next BETA release. Also, may I suggest a Toggle for all individual functions would be the way to go. SYM, Cursor and Word Flick. Again, thank for all your ongoing efforts.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-21-19 01:28 PM
    @LiamQ may I suggest that the swipe down reversal rollout will be delayed until you have the controls in place?

That way uninformed affected users do not have to worry about the next release.
    05-21-19 03:50 PM
    100% agree!
    05-21-19 04:31 PM
    @LiamQ the "what's new" section needs to be updated now that the swipe down gesture is back

BlackBerry keyboard update in Play Store-screenshot_20190522-101503.jpeg
    05-22-19 12:16 PM
    @LiamQ - there's a bug in the keyboard app which makes it almost unusable for Russian language (or any other language which has more letters than English). By design, some letters can be typed only by double-pressing the letter keys (associated with some other letter). This feature stops working randomly, and then I simply cannot enter any word containing one of such letters (which require a double-click). The issue occurs more frequently now than before. I cannot tell if it has a direct relation to the latest Beta update, but the issue is a showstopper... if I cannot type on the keyboard then what is this phone else for?...
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-22-19 01:25 PM
    @LiamQ - there's a bug in the keyboard app which makes it almost unusable for Russian language (or any other language which has more letters than English). By design, some letters can be typed only by double-pressing the letter keys (associated with some other letter). This feature stops working randomly, and then I simply cannot enter any word containing one of such letters (which require a double-click).
    Which version of BlackBerry Keyboard are you currently using? Do you recall when you first noticed the problem happening? Are there particular applications where the problem happens?
    05-22-19 02:14 PM
    Have skipped this update and awaiting the next BETA update that will implement the Capacitive Functions Toggle option. The disabling of the swipe down SYM VKB made my and others PKB more usable, can't take a step backwards. Any timeline on the Toggle implementation @LiamQ.
    05-22-19 02:54 PM
    Have skipped this update and awaiting the next BETA update that will implement the Capacitive Functions Toggle option. The disabling of the swipe down SYM VKB made my and others PKB more usable, can't take a step backwards. Any timeline on the Toggle implementation @LiamQ.
    We're hoping to have it in beta by the end of May.
    05-22-19 02:58 PM
    That would be very welcomed relief for all users. Again, appreciate all your efforts. Looking forward to the end of May! Cheers,
    05-22-19 03:00 PM
    2019 ? Couldn’t pass it up... that’s just me though;-)
    05-22-19 03:02 PM
    @LiamQ the "what's new" section needs to be updated now that the swipe down gesture is back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190522-101503.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	444507
    Whats the difference between this and the cobalt port?
    05-22-19 11:31 PM
    Are you able to get this official version directly from Google Play Store on a none BlackBerry device?
    05-23-19 01:12 AM
    There is no difference.
    05-23-19 01:27 AM
417 ... 678910 ...