The update said it was accents that was fixed.
    And the fixed some bugs. Wish they stop fixing them and rather kill them.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    I have been typing and swiping on BBMe with a fellow CrackBerry KEY2 owner... a very lengthy exchange of text messages. I have not encountered the need to do a 2nd swipe one time. Typically I need to do a 2nd swipe particularly with the middle word.

It appears to me that @LiamQ with BlackBerry Ltd has been working overtime tweaking the keyboard app.

If that's the case a big shout out to @LiamQ!!!

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-10-19 03:59 PM
    I have been typing and swiping on BBMe with a fellow CrackBerry KEY2 owner... a very lengthy exchange of text messages. I have not encountered the need to do a 2nd swipe one time. Typically I need to do a 2nd swipe particularly with the middle word.

It appears to me that @LiamQ with BlackBerry Ltd has been working overtime tweaking the keyboard app.

If that's the case a big shout out to @LiamQ!!!

Bob
    Yes most definately feels better for us keyboard pounders too. Feels even more precise than the last one. Not perfect, sym and unwanted word flicks still come up, but much less frequently! @LiamQ, thank you for all your efforts, its almost the BlackBerry experience it should be.
    Bob80220 and Jake2826 like this.
    05-10-19 04:35 PM
    @LiamQ looks additional improvement was rendered with today's keyboard update.

Swiping up predicted words works much better; it still requires an occasional 2nd swipe but much less than before.

Involuntary cursor mode and SYM VKB activations still happens yet more tamed than before.

Whatever it is you are doing, please keep it up! We are getting somewhere it seems.
    05-10-19 06:51 PM
    @LiamQ looks additional improvement was rendered with today's keyboard update.

Swiping up predicted words works much better; it still requires an occasional 2nd swipe but much less than before.

Involuntary cursor mode and SYM VKB activations still happens yet more tamed than before.

Whatever it is you are doing, please keep it up! We are getting somewhere it seems.
    Yep... as I initially mentioned after installing the most recent Beta app the swiping of predicted words was performing flawlessly. However, after having spent time hammering out emails and text messages over different formats I have noticed a slight degradation with the swiping of predicted words. I have had to do an occasional 2nd swipe but it is still significantly improved. Especially with the middle word as it was most always in need of a 2nd swipe.

I'm curious why after using the keyboard a lot the swiping efficiency degrades with use... It appears with these Beta updates progress is being made... it's getting damn close and as others have said a noticeable improvement.

Now... let's tweak on and get the keyboard perfect!!!

Bob
    05-10-19 07:03 PM
    How is 3rd language input on this release?
    05-11-19 12:09 AM
    when do you guys reckon this update will be available for non beta users
    05-11-19 02:22 AM
    Wouldn't count on it in the upcoming May update. Maybe in the June update. If you're a frequent user of swiping up for predicted words I would advise you to sign up for beta.
    05-11-19 04:09 AM
    Just join the Beta program and have it in minutes.
    05-11-19 08:31 PM
    Just join the Beta program and have it in minutes.
    Just did it and now trying the swipe up for predicted word suggestions. So far in this short message I have not had to do any second swiping. Way to go blackberry.
    05-12-19 02:50 AM
    Just did it and now trying the swipe up for predicted word suggestions. So far in this short message I have not had to do any second swiping. Way to go blackberry.
    Ok and how about a longer text (300 words or more)
    05-12-19 04:19 AM
    Sure over time I will be monitoring this. However I have just started on the beta update and haven't had any long text to write yet ( it's only 10am Sunday morning). So far in this short message I have not had to do any second swiping up as before the update every few words needed another swipe up. I'm happy with this so far and hope it stays this way without deteriorating over time or length of message.
    This morning before joining the beta update I fired up my passport and used it for a while with perfect swipe up action , guess I just missed using it.
    Not sure how many words typed in this message but not one swipe up problem was encountered. I will also be checking other message apps i.e. Evernote and text messages as well as email.
    Just one thought, I didn't restart my phone after updating the beta either this was something I was going to do but was interrupted and forgot ( well I am over 50 ) ;-)
    So not one single swipe up issue writing this post.
    176 words.
    05-12-19 04:40 AM
    Tried to answer an old msg. I am in the CB app instead of Tapatalk and thought I was at last msg. I removed the msg

Reg 🇨🇦
    05-12-19 07:00 AM
    Sure over time I will be monitoring this. However I have just started on the beta update and haven't had any long text to write yet ( it's only 10am Sunday morning). So far in this short message I have not had to do any second swiping up as before the update every few words needed another swipe up. I'm happy with this so far and hope it stays this way without deteriorating over time or length of message.
    This morning before joining the beta update I fired up my passport and used it for a while with perfect swipe up action , guess I just missed using it.
    Not sure how many words typed in this message but not one swipe up problem was encountered. I will also be checking other message apps i.e. Evernote and text messages as well as email.
    Just one thought, I didn't restart my phone after updating the beta either this was something I was going to do but was interrupted and forgot ( well I am over 50 ) ;-)
    So not one single swipe up issue writing this post.
    176 words.
    I am glad you were able to enroll in the Beta program @falbo... The more KEY2 owners we have testing these keyboard updates the better. It does appear there is work being done to resolve the PKB sensitivity issue with these software updates.

As I previously mentioned initially after installing the most recent update, like you, I experienced a flawless typing and swiping experience in a very lengthy exchange of messages on BBMe. I was absolutely stunned with the performance of the keyboard when swiping. However, as time has gone on, I am currently noticing the need to do multiple swipes of predicted words. I am continuing to see how my keyboard performs with different formats, BBM, BBMe, messaging, WhatsApp, and emails. I am in contact with a few other KEY2 owners and we are sharing our experiences and findings.

What I am very curious about, and maybe this is a question @LiamQ can answer, why does the swiping of predicted words with this Beta update deteriorate over time with extended use? This is what I have experienced and I would be interested to hear from others running the Beta keyboard update if this is your experience.

Bob
    05-12-19 08:05 AM
    Here is something I found works better. In chats or in posts if I started a sentence with I'm it would not put the apostrophe. Actually it was not a sentence but the first word of a msg. If in the sentence I typed im and space it corrected it but as first word it would not do it. I'm would show up in flick word list. Anyway there was certainly some things fixed lately. Nice to see.

Reg
    05-12-19 08:06 AM
    I am glad you were able to enroll in the Beta program @falbo... The more KEY2 owners we have testing these keyboard updates the better. It does appear there is work being done to resolve the PKB sensitivity issue with these software updates.

As I previously mentioned initially after installing the most recent update, like you, I experienced a flawless typing and swiping experience in a very lengthy exchange of messages on BBMe. I was absolutely stunned with the performance of the keyboard when swiping. However, as time has gone on, I am currently noticing the need to do multiple swipes of predicted words. I am continuing to see how my keyboard performs with different formats, BBM, BBMe, messaging, WhatsApp, and emails. I am in contact with a few other KEY2 owners and we are sharing our experiences and findings.

What I am very curious about, and maybe this is a question @LiamQ can answer, why does the swiping of predicted words with this Beta update deteriorate over time with extended use? This is what I have experienced and I would be interested to hear from others running the Beta keyboard update if this is your experience.

Bob
    Yes my experience as well. Immediately after installing the beta I had a perfect or nearly perfect swiping of suggested words.

I have no clue why this behavior does seem to deteriorate over time. Maybe @LiamQ can shed some light on the matter.

Yesterday I was able to type a text of about 300 words and only had to swipe up 1 extra time near the end of the text.

I am very curious how long Falbo's success streak is going to last of not having to do a single second swipe whatsoever.

Although the success ratio has again improved it's still not perfect. Also very interested in finding out how they can actually" improve" the situation without solving it entirely.

There must be a lot of parameters at play here. Definitely not easy in a situation where so many physical parameters play a part (straight vs skewed swiping movement, pressure on the keys while swiping, fast vs slow swiping,...) to pinpoint the exact solution.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-12-19 09:21 AM
    @Thinkbusiness did you autoload abv659? If so, did you wipe or not? I am wondering if there is any effect.

So far I am pleased with the latest developments as indicated in post # 78.

We are getting somewhere!
    05-12-19 11:06 AM
    @Thinkbusiness did you autoload abv659? If so, did you wipe or not? I am wondering if there is any effect.

So far I am pleased with the latest developments as indicated in post # 78.

We are getting somewhere!
    Autoload and wipe as always. The wipe didn't do much extra I think. Same results. Improvement but not perfect.
    05-12-19 11:17 AM
    Autoload and wipe as always. The wipe didn't do much extra I think. Same results. Improvement but not perfect.
    I just tried something we haven't tried before..:

Immediately after a predicted word swipe up is missed swipe down in order to open the SYM VKB and you will see that it doesn't work which means that the entire gesturing mechanism fail or pause.

I am pretty certain the same will apply for swipe to delete....
    05-12-19 11:21 AM

Immediately after a predicted word swipe up is missed swipe down in order to open the SYM VKB and you will see that it doesn't work which means that the entire gesturing mechanism fail or pause.

I agree. I also noticed a while back that sometimes when the swiping fails indeed the "mechanism" seemingly "hangs" because immediately swiping again usually doesn't help.

I don't have an explanation for this but it's just like that.
    05-12-19 11:58 AM

I agree. I also noticed a while back that sometimes when the swiping fails indeed the "mechanism" seemingly "hangs" because immediately swiping again usually doesn't help.

@LiamQ please note
    05-12-19 12:24 PM

This point more towards a software issue otherwise, if it was hardware a horizontal swipe (delete) would have failed as well.
    05-12-19 12:28 PM
    Thanks for the info guys and I will certainly keep you updated with my findings over the next few days and weeks. This afternoon before heading out I typed a long note in Evernote and again had no issues with the swipe up. Long may this continue for all of us as the K2 is an excellent device.
    05-12-19 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the info guys and I will certainly keep you updated with my findings over the next few days and weeks. This afternoon before heading out I typed a long note in Evernote and again had no issues with the swipe up. Long may this continue for all of us as the K2 is an excellent device.
    Evernote seem to be one of those apps where the keyboard behaves beautifully.

CrackBerry, Hub & WhatsApp is where I find the keyboard acting up.
    05-12-19 01:41 PM
    CrackBerry, Hub & WhatsApp is where I find the keyboard acting up.
    Same with me... I do find that the PKB swiping of predicted words works very well in BBM and BBMe.

Bob
    05-12-19 01:50 PM
    Just tested a shortish message using WhatsApp and again had no issues with the swipe up for suggested words. Fingers crossed for now.
    05-12-19 02:00 PM
417 ... 23456 ...