Feedback to BlackBerry:

There should be a way to clear the clipboard stack in the BlackBerry Keyboard, other than to open the clipboard and delete each of the seven stacked entries one by one. Preferably, the clipboard should clear itself whenever the phone locks (or every X minutes), but if there were even just a "clear clipboard" button somewhere, that would be adequate.

The problem now is that every time something is cut-or-copied into the clipboard, it is added to a stack of the seven most-recent clipboard entries, rather than replacing the contents of the clipboard entirely. When used with a password manager like LastPass, or when used to copy-paste any sensitive information, the sensitive information remains in the clipboard stack for a very long time and is not easy to erase. The standard process of copying something else to the clipboard to erase its current contents won't work.

This is a security risk, particularly because every app on the phone has unrestricted access to the clipboard contents.
    10-02-18 02:06 PM
    I don't want the clipboard to clear automatically at anytime. To able to manually delete on or all would be fine.
    Also here is a suggestion; use the Support app to submit your suggestions directly to BBMo Support.
    10-02-18 02:25 PM
    I think Android as a whole should give an option to allow which app can read the clipboard automatically.

This isn't new though and even iOS allows it. I don't copy passwords in clipboard but use built-in Password Manager wherever it works. Other than that, I generally enter it manually.

I think restarting the phone does clear clipboard contents.
    10-02-18 07:29 PM
    BlackBerry Password Keeper allows you to set text you copy from it to be cleared after a time period and when locked, perhaps LastPass has something similar?
    10-02-18 07:53 PM
    I think Android as a whole should give an option to allow which app can read the clipboard automatically.

This isn't new though and even iOS allows it. I don't copy passwords in clipboard but use built-in Password Manager wherever it works. Other than that, I generally enter it manually.

I think restarting the phone does clear clipboard contents.
    It does indeed.
    10-04-18 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry Password Keeper allows you to set text you copy from it to be cleared after a time period and when locked, perhaps LastPass has something similar?
    Yes, but it clears it only by copying something else over it. With a regular clipboard, that works because there's only one clipboard "slot." with BB Keyboard, there are 7 clipboard slots, so the original clipboard entry persists in the clipboard stack. That's my whole point.
    10-04-18 09:34 AM
    Yes, but it clears it only by copying something else over it. With a regular clipboard, that works because there's only one clipboard "slot." with BB Keyboard, there are 7 clipboard slots, so the original clipboard entry persists in the clipboard stack. That's my whole point.
    I think if you can associate the BlackBerry Password with an app, then it's pretty safe as it doesn't put the password in clipboard.

Otherwise, yes it's there, hidden from the preying eyes, disguised with *****, but apps with clipboard read access should be able to read it. Unless the passwords shown as ***** in the clipboard are encrypted and they get decrypted only when user pastes them.
    10-04-18 07:23 PM
    Ok another thing good about using BlackBerry Password manager app is even when you copy into the clipboard, it has one slot for it. So you can have just one password or data copied into clipboard from BlackBerry Password manager app at a time.

Moreover if you copy something else, it removes and replaces the masked (******) data with the latest copied item.
    10-06-18 07:19 PM