I was hoping to see some fixes in today's BlackBerry Keyboard update. Instead it just introduced a new, temporary one.

I have two keyboards set. The English/Spanish keyboard that I use every day and the Greek keyboard that I never use because I don't speak Greek. After the BlackBerry Keyboard update, my keyboard would only type Greek letters even though the suggestions continued to be in Latin letters. I had to dive into my device settings (without typing 'keyboard') to toggle the keyboard to Greek and then back to English/Spanish. I hate to suggest it, but others may be intimidated and wipe their devices because they don't know how to fix the problem any other way.

Anyway, back to the bugs that I hoped would be fixed. Perhaps the most serious issue is that the gestures aren't sensitive enough for me. I have to swipe up or swipe down several times to get it to work properly. On my Passport it was easy. I've tried giving it time, but I just can't seem to get the hang of swiping those suggestions on the KEY2 as reliably as I used to be able to on the Passport.

What seems to be tripping me up the most is a clear bug. I just figured it out recently:
    1. Activate cursor mode.
    2. Move the cursor to the beginning of a sentence.
    3. Hold down a letter to get a capital letter.
    What ends up happening is that the capital letter gets inserted at the end of the word and that the cursor jumps there too. You end up typing gibberish. I use a physical keyboard in large part so that I can easily edit paragraphs after I already banged them out, so this is a big deal to me. Luckily, Ctrl+Z lets me undo most of the damage when this bug comes up, but it still slows me down substantially.

Where can I most reliably report bugs like this? I'll try and keep my eye out for other bugs that may be messing with my editing.
    12-11-18 07:22 PM
    The workaround for the gibberish one would be to use Shift +Letter to capitalize the first letter.

Have you checked whether the languages are correct? Some of my settings, like Currency key got reset after update, perhaps re-enabling/redownloading the languages would work.

As for the swipe up, I think nothing compares with Passport. I don't think the keyboard of KEY² has the hardware to accurately do the swiping up gesture. If they make it over sensitive, it might cause other issues. There's already a huge thread that causes Cursor mode / SYM menu automatically popping as you type.
    12-11-18 07:42 PM
    What seems to be tripping me up the most is a clear bug. I just figured it out recently:
    1. Activate cursor mode.
    Check This Out
    12-11-18 07:57 PM
    I don't believe that the cursor mode on my device activates by itself. If anything, the sensitivity is so low that a double tap doesn't always activate cursor mode.

Maybe these are different typing styles, in which case we really need a sliding scale for capacitive keyboard sensitivity.
    12-11-18 08:05 PM
    If anything, the sensitivity is so low that a double tap doesn't always activate cursor mode.
    Agreed!
    Maybe these are different typing styles, in which case we really need a sliding scale for capacitive keyboard sensitivity.
    This!
    Crusader03 and TheBond like this.
    12-11-18 08:07 PM
    One bug that seems to be stable now is the most word substituion check mark box for capital seems to stay unchecked now when you set it. That is good for me as I use it a fair bit.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    12-12-18 07:23 AM
    Have you checked whether the languages are correct? Some of my settings, like Currency key got reset after update, perhaps re-enabling/redownloading the languages would work.
    Are you trying to help me troubleshoot something with this suggestion or just giving a general warning?

The typing with the Greek alphabet bug actually happened without the setting set to use the Greek keyboard. The editing at the beginning of a sentence issue was already a problem before the update.
    12-12-18 09:36 AM