For me Blackberry Key2 is nearly perfect device!
    If I could chose Key3 improvements over Key2, and hopefully Key3 will come out in 2020, they would be:
    - Stronger Vibration motor
    -Slightly bigger led lamp
    -maybe a littler more durable battery
    What do you think should improve?
    06-11-19 04:20 AM
    If I could chose Key3 improvements over Key2, and hopefully Key3 will come out in 2020, they would be:
    Low light camera.

Everything else about the KEY² more than meets my needs.
    06-11-19 06:43 AM
    Low light camera.

Everything else about the KEY² more than meets my needs.
    Mine too! I certainly hope to use it next 3 years or untill key3 shows up...
    06-11-19 07:05 AM
    + 1 on the vibration motor

Hope the speakers are in fact speakers not speaker and of better quality.

The keys are more contoured like the classic. I could type on that phone without looking.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-11-19 07:10 AM
    Any good and updatable camera. Possible option to set ctrl key in every version. Screen navigation keys.
    06-11-19 07:49 AM
    + 1 on the vibration motor

Hope the speakers are in fact speakers not speaker and of better quality.

The keys are more contoured like the classic. I could type on that phone without looking.
    Agreed! Typing is very good! Also, I enjoy speed Key , it's such a neat and unique feature!
    06-11-19 07:51 AM
    Software update policy not written on cocaine.
    06-11-19 08:10 AM
    Be nice if they'd make those policies public.....

But yes, by 2020 a premium phone should come with two feature updates and 3 - 4 years of patches. I'd be fine with quarterly updates, as long as they extended out longer than 24 months that BBMo seems to be working on. If your product cycle is 18-24 months your support cycle needs to be longer.... if you hope to keep sales going near the end of the product cycle.
    06-11-19 08:18 AM
    Be nice if they'd make those policies public.....

But yes, by 2020 a premium phone should come with two feature updates and 3 - 4 years of patches. I'd be fine with quarterly updates, as long as they extended out longer than 24 months that BBMo seems to be working on. If your product cycle is 18-24 months your support cycle needs to be longer.... if you hope to keep sales going near the end of the product cycle.
    If KEYx owners kept their phones for 3-4 years, that would be the end for certain.

They need 2 years max to have a chance at viability.

The market just isn't big enough.
    06-11-19 08:24 AM
    i would go for water/dust proof. hated dust kept on getting in between keys. i know this is difficult due to PKB, but who knows what technology can do
    the_boon likes this.
    06-11-19 08:35 AM
    If KEYx owners kept their phones for 3-4 years, that would be the end for certain.

They need 2 years max to have a chance at viability.

The market just isn't big enough.
    In that case it's already over. Most buyers of new phones are going to be closer to three years than two regardless of brand. The pace of innovation and performance gains have slowed considerably, and, other than breakage and loss, there just isn't much incentive for the average user to upgrade that fast. If it weren't for carrier upgrade deals in the US, the average would already be more than three years.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    melhiore and bh7171 like this.
    06-11-19 10:00 AM
    Anecdotally, most of my acquaintances can afford to buy a new phone any time they choose, but most are still using 3+ year old phones, even the ones who have bought two Teslas!

06-11-19 10:03 AM
    Anecdotally, most of my acquaintances can afford to buy a new phone any time they choose, but most are still using 3+ year old phones, even the ones who have bought two Teslas!

I don't think a know a single soul who has kept a phone for more than a year and a half.
    06-11-19 10:07 AM
    i would go for water/dust proof. hated dust kept on getting in between keys. i know this is difficult due to PKB, but who knows what technology can do
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/
    06-11-19 10:08 AM
    Personal wish list:

IP rated

Spacebar like KEYone/LE

AMOLED that extends down to keyboard and trims a bit of top bezel

Key sculpting like 9900/Classic
    oharamj likes this.
    06-11-19 10:09 AM
    I don't think a know a single soul who has kept a phone for more than a year and a half.
    The replacement cycle is something that's pushed onto customers by companies like Apple and Samsung that typically have update/upgrade cycles like that. A couple of years ago it was perfectly normal to keep a phone for 3 years or more (much more like a PC lifecycle).
    06-11-19 01:46 PM
    The replacement cycle is something that's pushed onto customers by companies like Apple and Samsung that typically have update/upgrade cycles like that. A couple of years ago it was perfectly normal to keep a phone for 3 years or more (much more like a PC lifecycle).
    It's going the other direction though. It has moved from just under 2 years to almost 2.5 years over the last 10 years.

I will admit that I push it on myself. Lol. I get enjoyment out of upgrading.
    Smokeaire and elfabio80 like this.
    06-11-19 01:53 PM
    Chen was a stay up and let’s get this license deal sealed.

TCL reps overdosed from H or just passed out.....
    06-11-19 01:57 PM
    And you call me an outlier!

06-11-19 04:03 PM
    You know me and I used some of my phones for a long time as daily driver. Just to name a few:

Motorola RAZR V6 Maxx SE (still my backup phone to this very date!): about 4 years
    HP Pre 3 (still in my drawer): about 3 years (with a little "pause" in between where I tried the Jolla Phone, but went back to the Pre so about 3 years total)
    BlackBerry Passport (still in my drawer): 2 years and 11 months
    06-11-19 04:08 PM
    In that case it's already over. Most buyers of new phones are going to be closer to three years than two regardless of brand. The pace of innovation and performance gains have slowed considerably, and, other than breakage and loss, there just isn't much incentive for the average user to upgrade that fast. If it weren't for carrier upgrade deals in the US, the average would already be more than three years.

I believe recent data shows this to be true.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-11-19 04:13 PM
    better/louder speakerphone / better quality music reproduction via the speakers (eg both up to the same level as the Passport) - I suppose that this means speakers PLURAL as opposed to just one, but I don't care if it is only a single speaker as long as it sounds as good as my Passport still does
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-11-19 at 05:40 PM.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-11-19 04:47 PM
    You don't know me, but 9900 for 7 years. Wish I could still use it.
    06-11-19 05:27 PM
    A device that stands in relation to the price and what the name flagship deserves
    - Oled display
    - stereo speakers
    - high and camera
    - newer modell of processor
    - less of bugs in software and hardware

Otherwise the Key3 might be just another overpriced middle class PKB device.
    06-11-19 06:22 PM
    A device that stands in relation to the price and what the name flagship deserves
    - Oled display
    - stereo speakers
    - high and camera
    - newer modell of processor
    - less of bugs in software and hardware

Otherwise the Key3 might be just another overpriced middle class PKB device.
    So you want an overpriced high-end device instead?

Don't forget, economies of scale, the keyboard, and the BlackBerry tax will always make BBMo devices 33-50% more expensive than comparable hardware.

That's the price we pay to play in the boutique market.
    06-11-19 06:30 PM
110 123 ...