Good Day,

I have a BlackBerry Key 2 from Telus (co-workers) 100-2 PRD63825006 (assumed don't know) that I believe has gone kaput. It barely charges and when it does turn on it gets stuck at the 'Blackberry powered by android screen'.

I had tried all the 'hold power and vol -' for 32 seconds etc.. I just recently was able to get into the bootloader and ran a ACI448 autoloader but selected flashnowipe.bat. It seems to have gone back to the 'powered by android screen'. The command seemed to have gone through but lots of 'failed error flashing partition'. I've left it like this now because I don't know how long it takes. CMD prompt shows it having finished, but I've read that it can take 30-60min to reinitialize.

Found the ACI448 Autoloader here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13479603

The Key2 has been replaced with a new one but the co-worker can not remember the gmail address used to back up contacts. I'm desperately trying to get back into it just to see what the gmail address is for restore purposes.

It almost boots on occasion but either fails at the 'powered by' 'spinning logo' 'bootloader (sometimes says uninitialized, other times the product is there). And sometimes it almost boots (very rare) and then freezes. Battery is showing 99% but not sure on the health. It almost feels like either memory issue, or other major hardware fault.

Any other suggestions or just wait up the current autoloader situation? I obviously can't do wipe or factory reset or I'd lose the backup gmail account address as well.

Thanks!
    01-24-20 10:20 AM
    I obviously can't do wipe or factory reset or I'd lose the backup gmail account address as well.
    Pretty sure not much can be done with that option being taken off the table.
    01-24-20 12:50 PM
    Pretty sure not much can be done with that option being taken off the table.
    Yeah I figured that. Interestingly it's now caught in a loop of the spinning and rotating circle square triangle now.. For that past 1 1/2 hours. Afraid to to touch it just in case it did come up.. Recommended to leave it? Or power cycle again?
    01-24-20 03:06 PM
    Yeah I figured that. Interestingly it's now caught in a loop of the spinning and rotating circle square triangle now.. For that past 1 1/2 hours. Afraid to to touch it just in case it did come up.. Recommended to leave it? Or power cycle again?
    I doubt it's going to move beyond that. I've had several in similar situations and they never just... work. I've always had to reload the OS fully.
    01-24-20 05:55 PM