My BB K2 took a dip in the water. For a short while.

After a few weeks, the phone came. All is working - screen, speaker, connectivity....

except...

The keys on the keybaord are bit mixed up. For half the letters,

See attached - typed the entire alphabet and as you can see some of the letters did not come up with the letter actually typed.

Is there a way to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry KEY2 + Water-screenshot_20181215-112607.jpg  
    12-15-18 10:42 AM
    Have you tried turning Gestures off on the keyboard and see if the capacitive touch is causing the problem?

If that works, then at least you can use the physical keyboard.
    12-15-18 05:43 PM
    Yeah the phone gets a bit funny sometimes with water and the space bar plays up a bit - what I have done is put the phone in a sealed container of rice to dry it out for a few hours and works fine, at least in my case as the space bar wasn't working correctly after being out in heavy rain
    12-15-18 05:51 PM
    Have you tried turning Gestures off on the keyboard and see if the capacitive touch is causing the problem?

Aqua KEY²LE
    TheBond and Vistaus like this.
    12-15-18 05:54 PM
    I've had the same issue. Literally took a plung for a quarter of a second, my "5d" key is hard to press, and had to turn off gestures. It's nearly 2019, can we can a water resistant berry yet? I know it's not hard... I'd pay $50 more for that feature alone, I mean hell.. everyone else is doing it. The Priv's keyboard looked pretty damn nearly ready to be water resistant... can we get the same style for our KEY3?
    12-15-18 09:45 PM
    I've had the same issue. Literally took a plung for a quarter of a second, my "5d" key is hard to press, and had to turn off gestures. It's nearly 2019, can we can a water resistant berry yet? I know it's not hard... I'd pay $50 more for that feature alone, I mean hell.. everyone else is doing it. The Priv's keyboard looked pretty damn nearly ready to be water resistant... can we get the same style for our KEY3?
    Be ready for excuses of why it can't be done from some BB defenders here. They'll say it can be done but now this phone will have to cost 850$ USD with that feature.
    12-15-18 09:57 PM
    The PRIV keyboard was terrible to type on though.
    12-15-18 10:04 PM
    Be ready for excuses of why it can't be done from some BB defenders here. They'll say it can be done but now this phone will have to cost 850$ USD with that feature.
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/
    12-15-18 10:57 PM

Hi - thanks for the response.
    Please help me in understanding what you mean about turning off gestures?
    12-16-18 01:47 PM
    Hi - thanks for the response.
    Please help me in understanding what you mean about turning off gestures?
    You can turn off the touch feature of the keyboard, these are called gestures.
    Go to Settings > System > Language & input > Physical keyboard > Physical keyboard gestures (turn it off).
    See if that helps
    12-16-18 02:59 PM
    You can turn off the touch feature of the keyboard, these are called gestures.
    Go to Settings > System > Language & input > Physical keyboard > Physical keyboard gestures (turn it off).
    See if that helps
    Thanks. Turned off the gestures. Still the same issue.
    What further would you recommend?
    12-17-18 06:55 AM
    They make some nonconducting electronics' cleaners that might help...
    12-17-18 08:06 AM
    They make some nonconducting electronics' cleaners that might help...
    Thanks. |Not sure what they are. Any suggestions?

Further, would changing out the keybaord help?
    12-17-18 11:10 PM

Further, would changing out the keybaord help?
    Any help with the above would be appreciated. Also, if changing keyboard is the only way out, then any suggestions about where I can get the keyboard fromm?
    12-19-18 04:01 AM
    DeoxIT
    12-19-18 09:10 AM
    Any help with the above would be appreciated. Also, if changing keyboard is the only way out, then any suggestions about where I can get the keyboard fromm?
    eBay
    12-19-18 09:16 AM
    eBay
    Thanks for this.
    Maybe just my searching skills but I can't find any KEY2 replacement keyboards...
    12-21-18 11:56 AM
    Thanks for this.
    Maybe just my searching skills but I can't find any KEY2 replacement keyboards...
    Search "worldwide", as I believe most of them come from China
    12-24-18 08:55 AM
    Perhaps rinsing the pkb with 99% alcohol?
    12-24-18 12:38 PM
    Perhaps rinsing the pkb with 99% alcohol?
    Thanks. I assume I have to remove the keyboard from the device, right? Any best practice on how to do this?
    12-30-18 10:26 AM
    Thanks. I assume I have to remove the keyboard from the device, right? Any best practice on how to do this?
    See @mralgi 's KEY2 disassembly thread
    12-30-18 12:04 PM
    The PRIV keyboard was terrible to type on though.
    This. If water resistant means it has to be like the Priv keyboard then no thanks. It was crap in my opinion.
    12-30-18 12:14 PM
    This. If water resistant means it has to be like the Priv keyboard then no thanks. It was crap in my opinion.
    It can be like the Priv’s keyboard in the sense that its a one piece of rubber, but it should have springs similar to KEY devices for better key travel etc..
    12-30-18 05:49 PM