Hello folks,

I dont have a KEY2 yet, but have used Bold 9900, found its keyboard really user friendly kind of, easy to get used to. I rate it even better than Q10, Classic, Priv and KeyOne. If anyone has used both (Key2 and Bold 9900), whats your take on keyboards of both the devices? Which one has the better keyboard?

Regards.
    lukeoverhere likes this.
    02-15-19 06:27 AM
    Even if the keyboard itself is objectively better on the 9900 due to smiley shape and form factor of the device, it's clear which one is better suited for 2019 and beyond.
    02-15-19 08:25 AM
    My Blackberry KEY² has better keyboard as my 9900 does not work anymore.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-15-19 10:01 AM
    I used 9900 for 3 yrs and have had Key2 since last July; I originally thought 9900 better, but as have gotten used to eg absence of second shift key, all in all Key2 is really at least as good in touch/feel and in terms of day to day usefulness better keyboard due to gestures,swipe functionality. Month to month SW patches and updates have brought it to the point where it is unquestionably the better of the two.
    02-16-19 10:50 AM
    Balance may be an issue, especially for the older folks.

Ignoring them while struggling to win users for Key2 does not make sense.

Audio quality on the 9900 was superb as well.
    02-16-19 11:19 AM
    Hello folks,

I dont have a KEY2 yet, but have used Bold 9900, found its keyboard really user friendly kind of, easy to get used to. I rate it even better than Q10, Classic, Priv and KeyOne. If anyone has used both (Key2 and Bold 9900), whats your take on keyboards of both the devices? Which one has the better keyboard?

Regards.
    Due to limitations of the BBOS ecosystem, my 9900 wasn’t expected to do all tasks my KEYone does. Even though 9900 PKB was better to me, it’s usage was far narrower scope. The versatility of the KEYone allows me to be more productive on the device overall in 2019 and it’s almost two years since initial release.

The Key2 and Key2 LE are supposed to be improved PKB over the KEYone in different ways. That said, I would suspect one, not sure which, is going to be the better one for you. Myself, I’m leaning to LE for carrier support and non capacitive PKB since I’m BB old timer...
    02-16-19 10:40 PM
    I used Blackberry 9900 for many years beyond when my carrier provided these, and bought about 3 devices on eBay in order to carry me through as long as possible. Each device eventually went belly up and our IT group has also stopped supporting the old OS on the exchange server so I was pushed off with a choice of Samsung Galaxy of Blackberry Key2. I chose the latter because of the physical keyboard and 'Blackberry loyalty'. I've been using the Key2 since mid December 2018 and am still getting used to it. The physical keyboard is great but the predictions and corrections irritating as unintended words are inserted into a sentence, the autocapitalization after a period sentence end does not work consistency, it capitalizes random words in the middle of a sentence repeatedly (i.e., it doesn't learn when I uncapitalize the word and the next time I type it it autocapitalizes again), and as others have complained it capitalizes after e.g., and i.e.,. I loved the spellchecker on Blackberry 9900 and this one is not nearly as efficient. I have retyped all of my word substitution shortcuts and am glad the feature still exists but resent that I've repeatedly had to recreate these (400+) shortcuts on each device and that Blackberry does not support the transfer of this personalized feature from device to device. Perhaps it will on Android. So that's been my keyboard experience. I agree with others that there is additional functionality on this device that the Blackberry 9900 did not support, but find that for the core functionality required for work (email, phone, calendar, text) the Blackberry 9900 is a far more effective, efficient, and smarter device. I look forward to some of that great core functionality being incorporated into these newer devices.
    WES51 and lukeoverhere like this.
    02-18-19 12:20 PM
    I used Blackberry 9900 for many years beyond when my carrier provided these, and bought about 3 devices on eBay in order to carry me through as long as possible. Each device eventually went belly up and our IT group has also stopped supporting the old OS on the exchange server so I was pushed off with a choice of Samsung Galaxy of Blackberry Key2. I chose the latter because of the physical keyboard and 'Blackberry loyalty'. I've been using the Key2 since mid December 2018 and am still getting used to it. The physical keyboard is great but the predictions and corrections irritating as unintended words are inserted into a sentence, the autocapitalization after a period sentence end does not work consistency, it capitalizes random words in the middle of a sentence repeatedly (i.e., it doesn't learn when I uncapitalize the word and the next time I type it it autocapitalizes again), and as others have complained it capitalizes after e.g., and i.e.,. I loved the spellchecker on Blackberry 9900 and this one is not nearly as efficient. I have retyped all of my word substitution shortcuts and am glad the feature still exists but resent that I've repeatedly had to recreate these (400+) shortcuts on each device and that Blackberry does not support the transfer of this personalized feature from device to device. Perhaps it will on Android. So that's been my keyboard experience. I agree with others that there is additional functionality on this device that the Blackberry 9900 did not support, but find that for the core functionality required for work (email, phone, calendar, text) the Blackberry 9900 is a far more effective, efficient, and smarter device. I look forward to some of that great core functionality being incorporated into these newer devices.
    Take a look at your word substitutions list and see if "always use this capitalization" is checked for every single entry.
    02-19-19 01:02 AM
    Honestly, the missing trackpad will be a more significant difference than the keyboard.
    WES51 and lukeoverhere like this.
    02-19-19 01:52 AM
    I have 9900 and Classic and now use Key2. Only for the keyboard. Key2 still have distance from 9900, even has gap from Classic.
    Missing navigate is other issue. Of course 9900 have less function then key2. However, when you use device you can feel. The feedback is quite good and the shape of keyboard is not comfortable as 9900 or Classic.
    Last edited by Zebra 99; 02-22-19 at 12:34 PM.
    02-19-19 04:19 PM
    The classic I feel has the best keyboard but the LE is not far behind.
    02-20-19 10:05 PM
    Nbaliga nailed it - the 9900's dedicated trackpad is everything just as a mouse is everything to a PC; it is unparalleled surgically accurate placement of the single most essential element of any business tool (I assume we're all mostly talking about work communications here).

We've purchased every available 9900 for our company since 2011 for our staff of 12, and we used at least 50 devices out in the field. Sure we've had some go out but investing in cheap parts and repairs is overwhelmingly easier than dealing with buy a single short-term churn clunky device put out by BlackBerry or TCL since the BBOS system, that frankly all of ridiculously paled in comparison as writing tools. Effortless writing is the essence of planning and communicating. We intend to use every second available through 2020 BBOS / BES and are really hoping the world wakes up that we would pay --considerable-- amounts to continue existence of BBOS/BES. Would pay 10x the amount of a 'normal' freemium android phone (giving your private data for android services) for another high-quality ergonomic reliable-build BBOS device, and for our entire staff. I begrudgingly also keep a KeyTwo to do basic stuff like Maps, and some of our cloud-computing/browsing but mostly non-urgent stuff, but my heart and soul primary phone is the Bold 9900 on T-Mobile who supports full Blackberry Enterprise Server (would also pay 10x in service fees to T-Mobile too for their part in this as well if just given the option btw) that helps me get through 300-500 messages per day, with incredible keyboard-based messaging and calendar shortcuts, the android Blackberry have barely even begun to graze the surface with in 2019. If original Blackberry devices have made a significant difference in your life, Please Direct message me. Would like to communicate other stories, recent stories, which I'm increasingly finding along with my own to Blackberry in hopes we can somehow continues the groundbreaking phones, Bold / OS7 formerly best selling phone in the world 2010 (even after android & iPhone were released).
    04-02-19 11:01 PM
    04-02-19 11:08 PM