For the UK Key2 gang sitting patiently wishing the next two weeks away.

At moment I have black one pre ordered with CPW but very tempted to change to silver.

I don’t think there’s a UK waiting room, just Europe and well... you know...
    06-10-18 10:39 AM
    waiting to see if dixons travel (tax free) get it and will order for pick up at airport next month. also interested if EE support WiFi calling on it. the fact they support the PRIV, motion and KEYone for WiFi calling bodes well.
    4everForever likes this.
    06-10-18 10:46 AM
    Ah ok, WiFi calling has never been a factor for me. I am desperate for a definitive answer somewhere on whether or not the dual sim 128gb version is a unicorn or something which will actually be released in the UK.
    06-10-18 10:55 AM
    the UK BlackBerry Mobile site seems to suggest just 64gb in the specs. hmm https://blackberrymobile.com/uk/specifications/keytwo/
    06-10-18 11:10 AM
    Exactly, I think some of these ropey European sites just put their products up based on devices in other countries. I've not yet seen any real indication this mysterious 128gb Dual Sim model will be coming to the UK. I know what will happen, it'll release like a month after 64GB and it will infuriate me.
    06-10-18 02:15 PM
    Any idea when/if the U.S. will get the K2?
    06-10-18 02:45 PM
    Has it been announced which carriers are going to sell it in the UK (on plans)?
    06-11-18 07:41 AM
    I am still really torn on whether I want to buy this phone or not.
    I think I will ultimately end up purchasing but I still feel a bit disappointed in it with those damn capacitive buttons still being separate and not on screen.

Hmm decisions decisions.
    06-11-18 11:09 AM
    It's starting to look like a viable option. Considering Mobile Phones Direct don't have any KEYone's left, CPW would have to offer a ridiculously cheap KEYone contract to stop me from going for a KEY² over at MPD if the pricing is still the same come end of August.

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk...lackberry-key2

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-11-18 12:58 PM
    It's starting to look like a viable option. Considering Mobile Phones Direct don't have any KEYone's left, CPW would have to offer a ridiculously cheap KEYone contract to stop me from going for a KEY² over at MPD if the pricing is still the same come end of August.

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk...lackberry-key2

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Either way, it sounds like BBMo/TCL is worth giving a shot for you. I'm happy with KEYone over my Passport and PRIV. It's what I expected from both of the earlier devices and what I expected from BlackBerry when I left BBOS for BB10 in 2013.
    06-11-18 01:29 PM
    Any news about the 128GB model in the UK?
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-13-18 04:07 PM
    Any news about the 128GB model in the UK?
    I guess, even if it will not come to the UK it will be available through ebay.
    I have already sent an email to blackberry and they are not able to answer... If more of us send an email and they will see that there s interest they might decide to bring the 128gb dual sim to UK
    06-15-18 05:42 AM
    I guess, even if it will not come to the UK it will be available through ebay.
    I have already sent an email to blackberry and they are not able to answer... If more of us send an email and they will see that there s interest they might decide to bring the 128gb dual sim to UK
    What’s the BB email address used for this campaign?
    06-15-18 05:52 AM
    I just went to blackberry UK https://blackberrymobile.com/uk/, support, contact us and I send the message
    Last edited by Bezbozny; 06-15-18 at 09:32 AM.
    06-15-18 07:43 AM
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    Please do.
    Don't be awkward.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry KEY2 UK Waiting Room-458902.jpg  
    06-15-18 10:00 AM
    only in Germany in the EU. why not sell it on the dedicated BBMobile site so everyone can buy it?
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-15-18 10:47 AM
    only in Germany in the EU. why not sell it on the dedicated BBMobile site so everyone can buy it?
    #1 reason is usually “the carriers”when only certain devices are offered.
    06-15-18 10:53 AM
    #1 reason is usually “the carriers”when only certain devices are offered.
    This is not the case with unlocked sim free devices. And the devices that are sold in Germany in mediamarkt and saturn are sim free. So there is no reason not to offer these elsewhere as well...
    06-15-18 11:13 AM
    This is not the case with unlocked sim free devices. And the devices that are sold in Germany in mediamarkt and saturn are sim free. So there is no reason not to offer these elsewhere as well...
    Has nothing to do with SIM free or contracts. If carriers in your market sell phones, then carriers do help decide what phones are sold there. It can be impacted because OEMs need carriers to operate the retail locations. OEMs that have carrier or even retailer placed relationships don't want to undermine the relationships.
    06-15-18 01:07 PM
    I'd rather not pre-order from selfridges or Carphone if Blackberry plan to release the 128gb at a later date. I suspect the 128 model won't cost that much more than the 64, so it's worth waiting in my opinion.

I'm happy with my Key1 even though it's beginning to slow up. I could hold onto it even longer after the Oreo update too.
    06-16-18 04:14 AM
    I'd rather not pre-order from selfridges or Carphone if Blackberry plan to release the 128gb at a later date. I suspect the 128 model won't cost that much more than the 64, so it's worth waiting in my opinion.

I'm happy with my Key1 even though it's beginning to slow up. I could hold onto it even longer after the Oreo update too.
    I'm kinda in the same spot as you here in the UK, but I really want that Key 2 😂 .
    Mainly for the dual-sim as I need it and also for the 6gb.
    I do hope they will bring it soon. Predicting a £599 price tag.
    Rowe6 likes this.
    06-16-18 05:12 AM
    I have emailed all the shops from which you can preorder it as well... i dont know if it makes a difference, but if they will see a lot of interest they might bring it. If not i guess it will be available through ebay soon... we ll see....
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-16-18 05:44 AM
    I have emailed all the shops from which you can preorder it as well... i dont know if it makes a difference, but if they will see a lot of interest they might bring it. If not i guess it will be available through ebay soon... we ll see....
    It’s not just the shops that worry about the carriers and retailers. It’s BBMo/TCL who’s controlling the distribution. They know people want the 128 version but they’ve already run the numbers and decided now isn’t time.

It’s also way for BBMo/TCL in creating extra sales. People can purchase 64 model early and six months later buy 128 model.
    06-16-18 07:19 AM

I can’t wait Mikey but I will need to get the dual sim if it comes. It’s wrong really they should indicate if it’s coming or not
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-16-18 08:48 AM
    Will it be a dual sim active or dual SIM stand y passive?
    it's a bit like a 4x4 car. for most people, you're only going to need it 1% of the time, but u pay more and buy it anyway. if you're the mobile equivalent of a Farmer, wait to get one, if not, don't let it bother your head.
    06-16-18 09:04 AM
359 123 ...