Hi!

I wanted to share with you some tricks that I couldn't really find documented anywhere - discovered them by accident.

They all regard the capatitive keyboard of BlackBerry KEY2 so they won't work for KEY2 LE, sadly.

You probably already know you can activate pointer mode by double tapping the keyboard.
    There are some more tricks you might not be aware of and I find them super useful.

If there are any more you've discovered, let me know please.

- Hold Shift to Select -
    While editing text, hold Shift and slide your thumb left or right, up or down over the keyboard (keep holding Shift while doing so).

This isn't extremely accurate BUT you can always hold Shift + tap one side of the keyboard: up/down/left/right and the selection will expand by exactly 1 character/row.

- Move Caret by One Character -
    The same applies to moving text caret:
    Double tap the keyboard and then slide your finger over the keyboard to move it around. You can adjust its position by exactly 1 row/character by tapping one of the keyboard's sides.

- Select the Rest of the Input -
    In single-line inputs (such as the URL bar in web browsers, search fields), up/down works just like Home/End while selecting text. Just like on a PC or a Mac.

You can move just before last 2 entered words, then hold Shift and tap the upper/lower part of the keyboard. This will select both of them. No need to drag your finger around for seconds. Just hold-tap.

- Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V -
    Most BlackBerry users already know this…
    If you don't really use the currency key each and every day, you can remap it to Ctrl key. Just open Settings, search for "currency key" and there you have it. Quick as hell.

It isn't as precise and responsive as a BlackBerry Bold's trackpad but I still find these tricks quick and comfy to use.

Sorry for typing such a long text, I really enjoy typing on my KEY2, even after nearly a year. 😀

Hope you find it useful,

Marek
    RK_BB, bbfanfan, RWIndiana and 5 others like this.
    07-07-19 02:48 AM
    Love it! Thank you.
    07-07-19 05:38 AM
    i thought i knew all of them, but these are new for me:

- Hold Shift to Select -
    This isn't extremely accurate BUT you can always hold Shift + tap one side of the keyboard: up/down/left/right and the selection will expand by exactly 1 character/row.

You can adjust its position by exactly 1 row/character by tapping one of the keyboard's sides.

You can move just before last 2 entered words, then hold Shift and tap the upper/lower part of the keyboard. This will select both of them. No need to drag your finger around for seconds. Just hold-tap.
    This is so much more gestures than the passport had.
    Marek Omasta and YDShine like this.
    07-07-19 05:57 AM
    Hi!

I wanted to share with you some tricks that I couldn't really find documented anywhere - discovered them by accident.

They all regard the capatitive keyboard of BlackBerry KEY2 so they won't work for KEY2 LE, sadly.

You probably already know you can activate pointer mode by double tapping the keyboard.
    There are some more tricks you might not be aware of and I find them super useful.

If there are any more you've discovered, let me know please.

- Hold Shift to Select -
    While editing text, hold Shift and slide your thumb left or right, up or down over the keyboard (keep holding Shift while doing so).

Double tap the keyboard and then slide your finger over the keyboard to move it around. You can adjust its position by exactly 1 row/character by tapping one of the keyboard's sides.

- Select the Rest of the Input -
    In single-line inputs (such as the URL bar in web browsers, search fields), up/down works just like Home/End while selecting text. Just like on a PC or a Mac.

- Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V -
    Most BlackBerry users already know this…
    If you don't really use the currency key each and every day, you can remap it to Ctrl key. Just open Settings, search for "currency key" and there you have it. Quick as hell.

It isn't as precise and responsive as a BlackBerry Bold's trackpad but I still find these tricks quick and comfy to use.

Sorry for typing such a long text, I really enjoy typing on my KEY2, even after nearly a year. 😀

Hope you find it useful,

Marek
    Thank you for this. Always appreciated to remember just how good phone's are.
    Marek Omasta and YDShine like this.
    07-07-19 07:12 AM
    Thank you very much for this one! I always struggled by swiping the keyboard to select only one character. This is very helpful to know.

Dakujem!
    Marek Omasta likes this.
    07-07-19 07:30 AM