US carriers suck

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Fact!!!

Bob
    07-07-18 09:46 AM
    T-mo sucks way less. Been with them for over ten years. wifi-calling plugs a lot of holes so I cannot remember the last time I had service issues.
    07-07-18 10:11 AM
    The advantage of buying a carrier-branded phone is getting the support, advanced features, and payment plans. You may end up paying more in the end, but you don't have to pay hundreds up front.

Unfortunately, that means your device is locked, so no popping in another SIM for travel. I've tried them twice, and AT&T's travel plans suck.

Last year, we visited Jordan, Egypt, and Germany. Anyone on Verizon or AT&T was SOL except on wi-fi. T-Mobile users had no problems. We picked up a T-Mobile (aka Deutsche Telekom) SIM in Munich, and were back in business in an hour.

There appears to be nothing the average consumer can do. Unless a significant number of customers tell AT&T to pack sand, and move to another provider, nothing will change.

We've been with AT&T for over 10 years due to cost and coverage. However, considering moving to T-Mobile.

My KEYone was $50 cheaper through AT&T but still wifi calling doesn’t exist although it’s their locked device. I’ve tried going with T-Mobile but coverage isn’t quite there for me yet. In the grand scheme of things, I’m good with the KEYone but I’d like a Key2. I'll have to be more careful and patient if not carrier sold. Then again, if carriers don’t carry the device, this is moot point. No carriers, means, no sales and no BBMo/TCL licensing the brand anymore.
    07-07-18 11:58 AM
    AT&T is the absolute worst when it comes to updates. I was with them for 15 years. My last BlackBerry carrier phone was my Z10 and AT&T effectively killed that device with their slow *** update to 10.2.1. My Z30, Passport and Classic were all purchased direct and unlocked and functioned well on my unlimited but limited AT&T plan than slowed after 5GB and would not allow mobile hotspot. In the summer of '16 I tried T-Mobile on a free SIM for a month and did some traveling. My signal strength in California areas, Las Vegas, and Indianapolis were damn near identical. I switched upon return and a cut a third of my bill off and was then able to use my devices as mobile hotspots. We now have 4 lines unlimited, with mobile hotspot and Netflix on T-Mobile for less than what my wife and I had been paying AT&T in '16 for two lines and hindered our phones. My point is that I am elated to be removed from AT&T and if T-Mobile has an offering in your area give it a try. 👍😁 I have mobile hotspot and Wi-Fi calling on all my unlocked BlackBerry devices. (The one exception is my DTEK 50 our son uses- that device does not get Wi-Fi calling on the network. (Not whitelisted) Mobile hotspot is functional.)
    07-07-18 12:20 PM
    The advantage of buying a carrier-branded phone is getting the support, advanced features, and payment plans. You may end up paying more in the end, but you don't have to pay hundreds up front.

Unfortunately, that means your device is locked, so no popping in another SIM for travel. I've tried them twice, and AT&T's travel plans suck.

Last year, we visited Jordan, Egypt, and Germany. Anyone on Verizon or AT&T was SOL except on wi-fi. T-Mobile users had no problems. We picked up a T-Mobile (aka Deutsche Telekom) SIM in Munich, and were back in business in an hour.

There appears to be nothing the average consumer can do. Unless a significant number of customers tell AT&T to pack sand, and move to another provider, nothing will change.

We've been with AT&T for over 10 years due to cost and coverage. However, considering moving to T-Mobile.

Buying my KEYone through AT&T was my preferred path. The price was $50 less than through Amazon or Best Buy ($499) and there were no interest charges over 30 payments of $16.67, and no contract to lock me in. If I leave AT&T I just have to pay off the balance and ask them to unlock the phone.

So far updates have been consistent and timely. We'll see about the update for Oreo.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-07-18 03:09 PM
    Buying my KEYone through AT&T was my preferred path. The price was $50 less than through Amazon or Best Buy ($499) and there were no interest charges over 30 payments of $16.67, and no contract to lock me in. If I leave AT&T I just have to pay off the balance and ask them to unlock the phone.

So far updates have been consistent and timely. We'll see about the update for Oreo.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Definitely would have preferred a payment plan over 650 up front.
    07-07-18 04:16 PM
31 12