Hey Key2 users, I have a US original black 64GB BlackBerry Key2 phone (not LE, not Red Edition). I bought it on day 1 of release. I am recently experiencing trouble while typing. The space-bar doesn't register all the time. Sometimes I have to press it a few times to get it to work. Anybody having this issue as well? I do type a LOT! (Which is why I bought a QWERTY phone to begin with). The issue is ONLY with typing NOT finger-print scanning. The finger-print scanner works 100% of the time and is very accurate.

An interesting fact: My KeyOne also had this issue, but it was retired before it became a "big deal".

I understand from the tear-down post that the space-bar is actually not a part of the main keyboard structure, is there a non-destructive way to fix this issue at all?

Thanks everyone - I am hoping they address this with the K3 (or whatever comes next). Surprisingly enough, my PRIV never had this issue.
    04-30-19 09:23 AM
    Sounds like a warranty issue to me you still should be in the one year warranty period.
    04-30-19 09:38 AM
    There are some other threads on this. I sold mine when I started facing this issue.
    Some suggested you can use compress air to clean dust under the spacebar. Give it a shot!
    04-30-19 09:38 AM
    Okay, I will try the compressed-air trick (I did try to blow really hard on it to no avail) but I will give the compressed air trick a shot.
    04-30-19 10:55 AM
    Yes I could send it to warranty, but I am trying to avoid having to delete everything
    04-30-19 10:55 AM
    From reading the forums it sounds like a known issue with warranty being the only way to repair. If you back up your device restoring should be easy.
    04-30-19 11:09 AM
    From reading the forums it sounds like a known issue with warranty being the only way to repair. If you back up your device restoring should be easy.
    What can I use to back up the Key2 fully? So I can restore it with 1 click? I have never done that.
    04-30-19 11:21 AM
    In settings go to. Backup and make sure your phone is backed up. You might not loose everything unless they send you a certified used device which is probably the way it will go.
    04-30-19 11:25 AM
    In settings go to. Backup and make sure your phone is backed up. You might not loose everything unless they send you a certified used device which is probably the way it will go.
    Okay, I guess I will try to clean it first, and if I have further issues I guess I'll have to claim warranty.

It also happened to my KeyOne, sooooo I'm a bit afraid at this point that the issue will come back to whatever device they send me.
    04-30-19 11:29 AM
    For the only physical keyboard manufacturer out there they need to improve on the durability of their keyboard.
    04-30-19 11:34 AM
    The rest of the keys are perfectly fine! I wish the space-bar was just like the rest of the keys, they are a-okay so far (and trust me, I abuse this keyboard, I type very long emails, code, notes, etc.). The space-bar is less durable due to the fingerprint reader. It's a novel idea, but maybe it needs to be just a normal key in the next iteration so it can last longer.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-30-19 11:38 AM
    I agree I personally don't need a fingerprint security feature on my phone or any phone at all. This keyboard is feature rich which means there is more to break.
    04-30-19 11:42 AM
    Yeah, I don't use the fingerprint reader, I don't feel OK submitting my bio-metric data to any device running Google's Android ...
    04-30-19 11:45 AM
    Download beta version of keyboard app from the app store maybe it will fix your problem. I had same problem over the weekend. seems fine now.
    04-30-19 04:18 PM
    Download beta version of keyboard app from the app store maybe it will fix your problem. I had same problem over the weekend. seems fine now.
    I don't see a beta version in the play store do you have a link.
    04-30-19 04:41 PM
    I think you have to sign up to the BETA program with the Play Store itself. But this is the physical keyboard we are talking about - do you think it will fix the physical keyboard? I will try it! I got nothing to lose here!
    04-30-19 04:47 PM
    https://bbbeta.centercode.com/welcome/

Here is the link for the beta program
    04-30-19 05:13 PM
    Hi to all, i think i found the solution for those who have the spacebar problem when want to enter a space. Is not a physical problem of the keyboard (space bar)the solution for me came when i change de autocorrection option and now i have been notifying with an: Auto-saved (this i never seen before), every time a new word is adding to the personal word list. Settings>system>language and text enter>keyboard settings>blackberry keyboard>correction and prediction>autocorrect>physical keyboard>intense. I hope this solve your problem, (sorry for my bad english)
    07-05-19 11:14 PM
    Just tried this with my K2 and it didn't resolve my space bar issue. My space bar is a bit hit and miss on the RHS and sometimes inserts a period if. It. Does work as. It just. Did. I have tried the compressed air method and it has got it to work occasionally on the right as it had stopped working completely. I may pluck up the courage to do it again.
    07-06-19 04:21 AM