What can one do besides purchase a Key# device now? It's Android so there's no transition issues to another Android device other than no PKB availability.

Is there other planning that you're referring to?
    I think it’s acceptance more than planning.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-21-19 08:16 AM
    I think it’s acceptance more than planning.
    Hell no I'm not accepting the end of KEY devices.
    04-21-19 11:30 PM
    Ok. You don't like their aesthetic design choices on the Red. Noted.
    The fact that the licensing deal requires a black or silver logo is the only logical reason for this, the other reason would be pure penny - saving laziness.

Its probably why the Bronze KEYone doesn't have a bronze logo, but doesn't explain why the Champagne LE doesn't have champagne frets
    04-21-19 11:32 PM
    The fact that the licensing deal requires a black or silver logo is the only logical reason for this, the other reason would be pure penny - saving laziness.
    Or these phones have razor-thin margins and low sales volume, and the cost of adding more tooling to fabricate parts in different colors would destroy any per-unit profits.
    conite and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-22-19 09:25 AM
    Or these phones have razor-thin margins and low sales volume, and the cost of adding more tooling to fabricate parts in different colors would destroy any per-unit profits.
    What kind of "tooling" is necessary to "fabricate" parts in different color?

They did it for the Atomic LE's frets so I don't buy that for an excuse.

Matching the rest of the parts shouldn't cost that much if they're already bothering to paint some parts in a different color.
    04-22-19 02:29 PM
    What kind of "tooling" is necessary to "fabricate" parts in different color?

They did it for the Atomic LE's frets so I don't buy that for an excuse.

Matching the rest of the parts shouldn't cost that much if they're already bothering to paint some parts in a different color.
    Everything costs money. When the margin is thin they have to find any way to cut costs.
    04-22-19 03:59 PM
    Well, it's really quite simple. We the consumer have all the power! We are just too meek at times to exercise it. But sometimes we do by choosing not to buy. Case in point, these are both Dodge Chargers, one (like BlackBerry) is an icon even today, the other was a cheap shadow of its former self past off as the real thing. We have every right to request what we need in a product, if the manufacturer ignores, we can also send them into obsolescence! Attachment 443955Attachment 443956
    Yeah, dunno if that really holds up for me now.

If you take a modern Dodge Challenger (I prefer it to the new Charger) then you have a car that is pretty much superior to the original.

Similarly, I went through the late 1970s / early 80s where due to smog controls and mandatory fuel mileage demands cars were pitiful.

I seriously had a 1979 v8 powered 5 litre Ford car that could barely pull a TENT TRAILER.

BUT ... Detroit and other car makers doubled down their efforts and I replaced that car with a small van (1986) with a THREE LITRE V6 that pulled the tent trailer EFFORTLESSLY!

Now, you can buy a 5 litre engine from Ford in a pickup truck that has 395 horsepower, will tow a LARGE travel trailer easily and when it's not pulling a trailer will get 12 l/100 km (22+ miles/imperial gallon).

In a similar vein I started with a 9810 Torch, then a Classic, then a PRIV and now a Key2.
    The Key2 is hands down the best phone of the bunch!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-22-19 04:19 PM
    Yeah, dunno if that really holds up for me now.

If you take a modern Dodge Challenger (I prefer it to the new Charger) then you have a car that is pretty much superior to the original.

Similarly, I went through the late 1970s / early 80s where due to smog controls and mandatory fuel mileage demands cars were pitiful.

I seriously had a 1979 v8 powered 5 litre Ford car that could barely pull a TENT TRAILER.

BUT ... Detroit and other car makers doubled down their efforts and I replaced that car with a small van (1986) with a THREE LITRE V6 that pulled the tent trailer EFFORTLESSLY!

Now, you can buy a 5 litre engine from Ford in a pickup truck that has 395 horsepower, will tow a LARGE travel trailer easily and when it's not pulling a trailer will get 12 l/100 km (22+ miles/imperial gallon).

In a similar vein I started with a 9810 Torch, then a Classic, then a PRIV and now a Key2.
    The Key2 is hands down the best phone of the bunch!
    So you live so far away from civilization that you pull a trailer for living in when you go into town now....? That’s a dedicated Canadian by all standards.
    04-22-19 04:50 PM
    So you live so far away from civilization that you pull a trailer for living in when you go into town now....? That’s a dedicated Canadian by all standards.
    Close!

If you look up Flin Flon, Manitoba, the nearest large (>10k people) is 4 hours driving going west or east.
    If you go south then you're looking at 6 or 8 hours.

In Manitoba we have approximately 1.3 million people. Population density is 6/square mile.
    The capital city, Winnipeg, is perhaps a 2 hour drive from the 'Merican border. If you draw a line across the northern boundary 80% of our population lives between there and the 'Merican border.
    In fact, the largest "city" north of that line would be perhaps 15k people.

There's a LOT of wide open, empty space!

I get traffic anxiety if I get into a city with more than 50k people!

I remember going west with the mother-in-law, who is a city person, last year. We had driven for about 3 hours and met about 8 vehicles. She turned to comment on how little traffic there was.
    My response was that, for this road, the traffic was actually heavy!

So, you're not far off.
    04-23-19 11:03 AM
84 ... 234