Hi all

When I call somebody with Facebook Messenger (Video Calling) I am told that they can hardly understand my voice is too soft. Does anybody have the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

Heinrich
    07-11-18 01:19 AM
    Might be related to the FB Messenger app or your wi-fi/network...

I personally don't think that app has amazing call/video quality
    07-11-18 04:47 AM
    Thanks for your answer. before I had the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the call quality was fine. Other than the smartphone the setup was exactly the same
    07-11-18 05:08 AM
    Heinrich, a lot can be in play here.

I think the voice quality in messenger is adaptative with bandwidth condition? Maybe try it in other condition and report back if you still have the issue? If you take a voice note, does it sound good?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 06:27 AM
    If your normal call quality is good, then I would think it's probably a Facebook software issue.
    07-11-18 11:10 AM
    Thanks for your replies. I tested the facebook messenger on another WLAN environment. It is still the same issue. For normal calls the quality is fine. So it must be a Facebook messenger issue.
    07-11-18 01:35 PM
    Hey, i sadly got the issue myself! While WhatsApp Video Calling my SO can barely hear me, its not just in WhatsApp tho, same thing with Skype!
    But when we are doing nornmal Calls via loudspeaker everything seems fine..
    Any suggestions ?
    07-11-18 02:45 PM
    Good to know that I am not alone with my issue. I tried "Google Duo" instead of facebook messenger. Google Duo works fine with the KEY2:-)
    07-11-18 03:03 PM
    I posted the issue to Blackberry support directly. As also with Google Duo people tell me that my voice is still too soft. When I receive an answer from Blackberry I will post it here.
    07-16-18 02:51 AM
    I am having similar issue with google Duo and whatsapp video

When I video call on either app the other party cannot hear me unless I speak directly into the microphone located on the top of my phone.

I've tested this in google Duo and whatsapp video. Also wifi vs no wifi.

I've tested the other end calling multiple different phones. It's definitely on my end. The microphone at the top of the key2 is not sensitive enough to pick up my voice while holding the phone for a video call ( a few feet away from face)

I hope the next software upgrade addresses this issue. It isn't isolated to any one app or platform.
    08-07-18 10:57 PM
    I posted the issue to Blackberry support directly. As also with Google Duo people tell me that my voice is still too soft. When I receive an answer from Blackberry I will post it here.
    Any news from blackberry mobile?
    08-07-18 10:58 PM
    Same issue with whatsapp video call here. People can barely hear me is what they say.
    08-07-18 11:05 PM
    Hi

I got some advice from Blackberry Support:

"Go to Settings > Apps > Messenger (please let me know the version) Storage > Clear Cache"

This helped a liitle bit. But it is still not optimal. It is heavily depending on the Quality of the WIFI Network. Fot the Moment my issue is closed at Blackberry. It is still not working as expeced so it may be good if other users also contact the Blackberry Support.
    08-08-18 12:25 AM
    Same here with Whatsapp. Regular video calls at different times and the issue's always there.
    08-08-18 01:49 AM