Hey guys,

I just got my first Key2 today after using the KeyOne for awhile. I realized there are 2 big problems there are:
    1. Google Pay cannot verify card. I live in Canada, use Scotiabank. For some reasons the there is some glitch between the google pay app and the bank app, my card cannot be verify. Called the bank today they said there is no issue neither on my card nor account.
    2. Wifi-calling is not working. I’m on Rogers/Fido, and it keeps telling me the “device is not eligible for Wifi-caling.
    Both of these issues don’t happen on my KeyOne, though. This doesn’t make any sense to me since the Key2 is a newer device and it should support apps better.

Please advise.
    03-19-23 02:33 PM
    Maybe do a system reset. Or get an exchange
    03-20-23 06:51 AM
    Hey guys,

I just got my first Key2 today after using the KeyOne for awhile. I realized there are 2 big problems there are:
    1. Google Pay cannot verify card. I live in Canada, use Scotiabank. For some reasons the there is some glitch between the google pay app and the bank app, my card cannot be verify. Called the bank today they said there is no issue neither on my card nor account.
    2. Wifi-calling is not working. I’m on Rogers/Fido, and it keeps telling me the “device is not eligible for Wifi-caling.
    Both of these issues don’t happen on my KeyOne, though. This doesn’t make any sense to me since the Key2 is a newer device and it should support apps better.

Please advise.
    Where did you get your phone. It sounds like it's been autoloaded. Google Pay doesn't work on phones that have an OS other than what was factory loaded.

WiFi calling service feature is set by the carrier. It's likely your phone doesn't have the necessary network components to WiFi call on Rogers.

I'm guessing your KeyOne was purchased from Rogers. That's different. Carrier sold phones are configured/supported/whitelisted.
    03-20-23 07:42 AM
    Alright, now that makes sense to me. I think I’d just request an exchange to see if other Key2 will work properly. Thanks for your reply.
    03-20-23 07:59 AM
    I did the factory reset, but still. I guess I’ll opt for a swap. Thanks.
    03-20-23 08:00 AM
    Tried my wife’s card to day, same bank, worked fine. Wow I don’t understand it now because it works totally fine on my KeyOne. So now I know it’s not the GG Pay problem… Then what is…
    03-20-23 10:24 PM
    Tried my wife’s card to day, same bank, worked fine. Wow I don’t understand it now because it works totally fine on my KeyOne. So now I know it’s not the GG Pay problem… Then what is…
    What is your device PRD and OS version?

Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.
    03-20-23 11:12 PM
    If you, using the Key2 with Google Pay, successfully verified your wife's Scotiabank card on it and transacted a successful sale, then your bank account is the issue. Some accounts have security features such as blocking use of the card in certain use cases, like online purchases, or overseas transactions, or tap-to-pay terminals etc. Check your Scotiabank account to confirm you've turned those on.
    03-21-23 08:08 AM
    What is your device PRD and OS version?

Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.
    PRD-63825-006
    ACW142

What can you see?
    03-21-23 08:41 AM
    If you, using the Key2 with Google Pay, successfully verified your wife's Scotiabank card on it and transacted a successful sale, then your bank account is the issue. Some accounts have security features such as blocking use of the card in certain use cases, like online purchases, or overseas transactions, or tap-to-pay terminals etc. Check your Scotiabank account to confirm you've turned those on.
    Yes, it's the only explaination right now. I will try my card on different device to see what actually happened. Thanks for you reply.
    03-21-23 08:42 AM
    Update: I finally managed to get Google Pay works.

A bit weird to explain, but somehow the Google Pay app on my KeyOne, which contains my current card, has interfered the set up on my Key2. I removed my card on KeyOne, uninstall and install again to make sure the card is gone, and tried to set up again on the Key2, and it works!

Then, I was curious that what if we have multiple Android devices and wanted to setup our primary cards on all of them? Because it's never be a problem on Apple Pay. I took my old Pixel phone, tried to set up the same card on it. Boom, the same problem appeared as on my Key2.

So, we can conclude that no matter what devices those are, Google Pay WILL NOT let you to set up the same card on different devices at the same time. Not sure if this is a security feature or a glitch, but this shouldn't be a pain in the *** for anyone that using Google services. Or at least, Google, at least let us know about the problem, not just random error!

Thank you all for your help!
    lgdcan likes this.
    03-21-23 09:47 AM
    May I ask where you got your Key2 from? I currently have a Key1 that I just cracked the screen on and was looking around on Amazon for a Key2 but not sure if I can trust them. TIA for any answers. Cheers!
    03-21-23 09:48 PM
    PRD-63825-006
    ACW142

What can you see?
    You are on the correct, and latest OS for your device. The problem would not be software related. It's the right one for Canada (all of North America).
    Last edited by conite; 03-22-23 at 04:23 PM.
    03-22-23 01:49 PM
    I bought it off FB marketplace.
    03-22-23 01:57 PM