Seems no one is willing to take KEY2 in Australia this time.
    08-08-18 07:00 PM
    Yep, as was the K1 camera.

To be honest with myself now that I've thought about it some more, the chances of me ever owning another BB device is slim.

Why?

Too much time has passed. Lemme 'splain:

My 6P is over 2 years old. The Pixel 3 is a few months from being released. So I can easily see myself picking one up or maybe something a little cheaper like a Oneplus 6/6T. This means either selling the 6P or reducing its role to something like a dedicated audio streamer to my wireless speakers.

Now that I've got my new phone I'm pretty much set for the next couple years, meaning BB is no longer on my radar. So, when/if the K3 is released in 2019 I'll have no motivation to buy it since I'm still on a new (and fantastic) device. This will hold true even if the K3 has a fantastic camera because it's simply too late.

Do you get where am I going with this? You see, BB has had TWO CHANCES at getting me back (K1 & K2). Remember, I'm still here waiting to replace my Passport, I'm already a former BB owner, already familiar with the devices, so I should've been their easiest ****ing sale ever. So what do they do? They go and f'up, TWICE.

BB is so stupid these days they can't get out of their own way nor do they have a clue about how to expand their own customer pool. I can't wrap my head around the fact that their is no one at BB that would stand up & say "Uhhh, hang on a minute. There's a rumor goin' round that people take pictures with their phones. Maybe we should revisit the K2 camera..."

Yeah yeah yeah, I've seen the articles, "K2 sold out in x market...". Well, it's easy to do that when you're building phones by the hundreds.

Do you know where most of the K2 sales will comes from? The K1 owners that didn't move on to other devices. If BB keeps being BB do you know where most of the K3 sales will comes from? Yeah, K2 owners that didn't move on to other devices.

Do you know what a funnel looks like?

One more thing since I still have some rum left:

There are people on this forum that defend these devices like they are their children or something. Maybe they've got stock options, I dunno. No need to name names, but you see their posts on this forum, you've seen their "reviews".

It's those exact people that are hurting BB the most. Think about every time someone says "I don't take pics with my phone so I don't care about the camera" or "the camera is good enough for me, why you complaining?".

They're the ones putting the nails into the BB coffin, the rest of us be damned.
    Enjoy your new phone. It just sounds like BlackBerry isn't what you want anymore. There's never been a BlackBerry with a great camera, and it's really not something they are likely to do better than the bigger players, since the post processing algorithms that are needed to make "casual" photos look great are complex and proprietary. That's why there are no small companies making great cameras of any type.

BlackBerry can buy the best sensor on earth but it won't produce great photos automatically.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-08-18 07:10 PM

To be honest with myself now that I've thought about it some more, the chances of me ever owning another BB device is slim.

Why?

My 6P is over 2 years old. The Pixel 3 is a few months from being released. So I can easily see myself picking one up or maybe something a little cheaper like a Oneplus 6/6T. This means either selling the 6P or reducing its role to something like a dedicated audio streamer to my wireless speakers.

Now that I've got my new phone I'm pretty much set for the next couple years, meaning BB is no longer on my radar. So, when/if the K3 is released in 2019 I'll have no motivation to buy it since I'm still on a new (and fantastic) device. This will hold true even if the K3 has a fantastic camera because it's simply too late.

Do you get where am I going with this? You see, BB has had TWO CHANCES at getting me back (K1 & K2). Remember, I'm still here waiting to replace my Passport, I'm already a former BB owner, already familiar with the devices, so I should've been their easiest ****ing sale ever. So what do they do? They go and f'up, TWICE.

BB is so stupid these days they can't get out of their own way nor do they have a clue about how to expand their own customer pool. I can't wrap my head around the fact that their is no one at BB that would stand up & say "Uhhh, hang on a minute. There's a rumor goin' round that people take pictures with their phones. Maybe we should revisit the K2 camera..."

Yeah yeah yeah, I've seen the articles, "K2 sold out in x market...". Well, it's easy to do that when you're building phones by the hundreds.

Do you know where most of the K2 sales will comes from? The K1 owners that didn't move on to other devices. If BB keeps being BB do you know where most of the K3 sales will comes from? Yeah, K2 owners that didn't move on to other devices.

There are people on this forum that defend these devices like they are their children or something. Maybe they've got stock options, I dunno. No need to name names, but you see their posts on this forum, you've seen their "reviews".

It's those exact people that are hurting BB the most. Think about every time someone says "I don't take pics with my phone so I don't care about the camera" or "the camera is good enough for me, why you complaining?".

They're the ones putting the nails into the BB coffin, the rest of us be damned.
    Sounds like you’re not BBMo target demographic at this point. I’m really not sure how BBMo could accommodate your business profitability.
    08-08-18 07:27 PM
    Sounds like you’re not BBMo target demographic at this point. I’m really not sure how BBMo could accommodate your business profitability.
    They've had 2 kicks at the can but obviously they can't accommodate -- that's my point.
    08-08-18 07:41 PM
    My phone is a tool first and a toy second. If I can answer phone calls and respond to emails without getting frustrated, I'm happy.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    08-08-18 07:53 PM
    They've had 2 kicks at the can but obviously they can't accommodate -- that's my point.
    Agreed. That’s what I said. PKB demographic is their primary focus. BB or BBMo have never had success with true flagship devices. The closest were the PRIV and DTEK60. Good for BB standards.
    08-08-18 08:01 PM
    My phone is a tool first and a toy second. If I can answer phone calls and respond to emails without getting frustrated, I'm happy.
    And there it is. Keep hammering those nails.
    08-08-18 08:18 PM
    While everyone else have forgotten how to build a phone properly and ergonomics, it's good to see blackberry keeping it real and sticking to getting the phone part right, and then finding that sweet balance with social media capabilities.
    08-08-18 08:21 PM
    Agreed. That’s what I said. PKB demographic is their primary focus. BB or BBMo have never had success with true flagship devices. The closest were the PRIV and DTEK60. Good for BB standards.
    They never had success cause they just got into android and bad marketing, mixed with no global carrier support. If only they could invest a few million.
    08-08-18 08:25 PM
    I have to say that this can be very confusing for new BlackBerry adopters and even old BlackBerry users like myself. I may be a little anal, but I have a problem all I want is a direct line to the software or hardware maker. There is a lot of talk about BlackBerry attempting to attract new customers and making sense of bb/TCL support for new comers is daunting. You buy an iPhone, you have an issue, here is the number to call. Period. Emailing them can be mind-boggling. You get standard emails in response to very specific questions days after the issue came up on your phone. I don't know how many times I've given up trying to get help from their support team.
    Apple has a new app called Apple Support (Real People ).Not always knowledgeable but better than any other OEM.
    08-08-18 08:27 PM
    Seems no one is willing to take KEY2 in Australia this time.
    I want to bring the key2 to australia, just need to get distribution rights from blackberry.
    08-08-18 08:30 PM
    I want to bring the key2 to australia, just need to get distribution rights from blackberry.
    Aren’t you late? I believe that belongs to some else already, TCL?
    08-08-18 08:31 PM
    While everyone else have forgotten how to build a phone properly and ergonomics, it's good to see blackberry keeping it real and sticking to getting the phone part right, and then finding that sweet balance with social media capabilities.
    Hey, are you reading this BB Mobile? He's happy cuz u "keepin it real", so keep doin what u doin cuz everyone else is clueless.
    Fred Wu and Mecca EL like this.
    08-08-18 08:34 PM
    They never had success cause they just got into android and bad marketing, mixed with no global carrier support. If only they could invest a few million.
    Or...(you know the rest -- be honest with yourself).
    Fred Wu likes this.
    08-08-18 08:38 PM
    Apple has a new app called Apple Support (Real People ).Not always knowledgeable but better than any other OEM.
    I'd much rather get support from a good bot than a bad human rep. Live support is an emotional appeal, not a rational one.

08-08-18 08:43 PM
    Sadly I will, as much as I love the design and keyboard, but the hardware is...omg.

I agree I misscounted years but what's the difference then still no one did better and since i had Passport SE it did best phone calls for me, if not app gap, it would be my daily driver today just for speakers, Calls with loudspeakers on was a dream, same thing with KEYone is terrible..

It makes no sense to make worse hardware IMHO.
    I agree re: Passport speakers. They are phenomenal.
    08-08-18 09:06 PM
    I'd much rather get support from a good bot than a bad human rep. Live support is an emotional appeal, not a rational one.

Apple has both online support groups etc and human interaction. My question had a Canadian context which was beyond the knowledge of the American call center operator.

The Apple Support app also brings up a large knowledge base of all of their products.

If you want face to face there is also their bricks and mortar store. They have all of their bases covered.
    08-08-18 09:06 PM

Why?

YES! Yes! & Yes!

Most of us here have been sing Blackberry's forever but why people continue to defend BB at all costs makes no sense. I agree that many people here are the reason why we have a VERY subpar camera (to those who say it's fine, go to take pictures in a dark environment, at night or any low light conditions). in 2018 , heck even 3 years ago there was no excuse to have such a ****ty camera. People who work, are professionals & physicians like my uncles all care about a great camera on top of reading X-Rays, important emails from the hospital.

The BS about iPhones being toys and only for kids is such a bunch of BS.
    eckl, pdr733, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    08-08-18 10:50 PM
    The BS about iPhones being toys and only for kids is such a bunch of BS.
    That argument is born out of envy, nothing else. You see it here on the forums: "I'm a professional, & need a BB to type emails not some iPhone toy, bla bla bla". They speak like BB is the 800 pound gorilla in the room "keepin it real" (sorry, couldn't help myself), & that the iPhones & Pixels of the world are outliers. It's hilarious stuff.

Here's the truth: if Google (or Oneplus or Apple or whomever) surprised us with a PKB model it would be lights out for BB in 6 months, and no one here should care.
    eckl, pdr733, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    08-08-18 11:58 PM
    That argument is born out of envy, nothing else. You see it here on the forums: "I'm a professional, & need a BB to type emails not some iPhone toy, bla bla bla". They speak like BB is the 800 pound gorilla in the room "keepin it real" (sorry, couldn't help myself), & that the iPhones & Pixels of the world are outliers. It's hilarious stuff.

Here's the truth: if Google (or Oneplus or Apple or whomever) surprised us with a PKB model it would be lights out for BB in 6 months and no one here should care.
    They can try put a pkb on it, but it will be crap in comparision. Not only that, bb has more going for it, such as build quality, grip, ergonomics. Those slabs dont even compare.
    08-09-18 12:01 AM

Here's the truth: if Google (or Oneplus or Apple or whomever) surprised us with a PKB model it would be lights out for BB in 6 months, and no one here should care.
    No let's not forget about "security" all while using apps from Google Play Store.

A family member worked for the N S A & said BB security can breached by the big agencies in North America & around the world. So as I believed, more marketing BS from BB, that has some people hanging on because of security.

I don't want every website or agency to have my private information (I'm 34 & have never used ANY social media) however, there is no way to hide. I can't see how people don;t understand that. Anything done online, is in some server somewhere. We can't hide, so I don't know who people think they are hiding from.

He said the only way to bide time in being "Safe" was with i think "BIS" (don't remember exactly, I never used that). Agencies could get into BBM & whatever proprietary Blackberry stuff if & when they wanted to.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-09-18 12:06 AM
    They can try put a pkb on it, but it will be crap in comparision. Not only that, bb has more going for it, such as build quality, grip, ergonomics. Those slabs dont even compare.
    Hahaha, thx for that -- keep 'em coming. Maybe one day those other guys will figure out build quality.

News flash: BB doesn't build phones.

All hail TCL -- the world's finest "build quality" in mobile devices.
    08-09-18 12:07 AM
    Hahaha, thx for that -- keep 'em coming. Maybe one day those other guys will figure out build quality.

News flash: BB doesn't build phones.

All hail TCL -- the world's finest "build quality" in mobile devices.
    Haha.
    Build quality, where I'm on my 3rd phone and not because of the spacebar. That's really not a big deal.

All 3 had keyboards, that go to "sleep" and won't scroll. My current one, as well as another one (maybe all 3??) have a kind of deadspot in the center of the keyboard when scrolling. It doesn't always react & only works after using the outer edges of the keyboard to scroll.

My first Key2 had the recent apps button at half the brightness of the other 2 navigation buttons. Poor speaker quality but now apparently that doesn't matter. Yet, when the Passport had an amazing speaker, it was a major bonus.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-09-18 12:15 AM
    Haha.
    Build quality, where I'm on my 3rd phone and not because of the spacebar. That's really not a big deal.

All 3 had keyboards, that go to "sleep" and won't scroll. My current one, as well as another one (maybe all 3??) have a kind of deadspot in the center of the keyboard when scrolling. It doesn't always react & only works after using the outer edges of the keyboard to scroll.

My first Key2 had the recent apps button at half the brightness of the other 2 navigation buttons. Poor speaker quality but now apparently that doesn't matter. Yet, when the Passport had an amazing speaker, it was a major bonus.
    There no point referencing the Passport or any other BB built devices for that matter -- they have as much in common with the K1/K2 as an iPhone.
    snowden_generation likes this.
    08-09-18 12:55 AM
    That's unfortunate for you. I'm sure peple with samsungs and iphones have had to go through several issues.
    08-09-18 02:04 AM
489 ... 23456 ...