Update 1:

Looking by the history what TCL started offering with BlackBerry and what Porsche Design came up with Huawei with first devices like Alcatel idol4 aka DTEK50 versus Huawei Mate with PD logo it literally should make any BB fan cry.

I'm saying, if TCL now is doing best what they can do, it was a mistake not to collaborate together with Porche Design to make licensing with Huawei and continue offering BB keyboards with *BB logo or PD logo who wants exclusive* with Huawei flagship hardware if you know what I'm saying.

IMHO, everything would be great with TCL if they just took some hardware from others like Apple iPhone X is practically made by Samsung, at least the screen?

At least BB already had best speakers so TCL don't need to borrow anything, but TCL couldn't do at least this, it was really literally impossible to put those speakers into KEYone/KEY2?? Is it really impossible for TCL to borrow Huawei P20 PRO or the same Samsung S9+ cameras?? Doesn't everyone doing this for years?

As I said before they already had great Passport SE speakers, instead of that they put crapy ones from their own Alcatel warehouse..omg. It makes no sense for "communication" devices, don't you agree?

And overall the pricing, blaming on manufacturing cost for keyboard to build KEY2, didn't Passport SE cost less and wasn't it the only one square screen phone this size so it was cheaper to build exclusive screen with the keyboard, really?

TCL double missed with hardware and pricing and they should admit this, does this something to do with 2010's BlackBerry thinking, but didn't you just say BlackBerry Mobile is TCL, so how it's even possible?

What TCL think we are by offering hardware worse version of one+6 with Huawei flagship pricing? At other hand Apples iPhone maybe looks more like a toy, but at least they do their job like a tool, BB today just look like a tool, but does the job like a toy comparing side by side, don't you agree?

ORIGINAL:

Who's saying "BlackBerry is a tool not toy" is hiding the truth. The ulgy truth is

"BlackBerry design is like a tool, but hardware is like a toy"

And as much as I love BB, I'm not a hypocrite to admit this so you should too, after unbox therapy spitting all the truth, all I can say to his words is AMEN

BTW, here's another video with KEY2 inolved:

Why the hell TCL make Passport SE design and did not put Passport SE speakers into KEY2, why downgrade device speakers??? at least in one area Lewis would be blown away because none of the smartphones TODAY have speakers like 4 year old Passport SE!!!?

Passport SE speakers, huawei P20 Pro cameras and decent screen would blown away everyone - THAT'S IT, but now it is a rip-off we all should admit.

Overall, I'm tired of BlackBerry making me a donkey, a monkey or whatever by giving me ****ty hardware all these years. BlackBerry is a "tool" you say? As a "tool" it is **** - it's a fact, like cheap Chinese replica you're buying instead of high quality German tool, just one thing.. BB is nor cheap like CAT you can buy with thermovisor for less.

If all the blame should go to TCL, I'm sad BlackBerry Mobile didn't go with Huawei like Porsche Design did and now have awesome hardware devices worth the price.

Maybe it's time for BlackBerry Mobile to switch manufacturer?
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 08-18-18 at 07:49 PM.
    07-24-18 03:49 PM
    It will be time when all the emotional buyers, including thousands on this forum, vote with their wallet.

One correction - Passport is not 5 years old, yet alone the SE. Otherwise, spot on.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 03:54 PM
    Hmmmm, forgot to take your meds today? lol.
    07-24-18 03:58 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Last time I checked..no one was pointing a gun to your head..buy whatever you like...but for many..me included... I like the keyTwo!... so I bought it!... no regrets at all .. and yes, I could buy samsung or iphone or...

Tired of the whining.....don't like it?..no reason is necessary..no explanation required...buy something else and move on....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 04:01 PM
    Who's saying "BlackBerry is a tool not toy" is hiding the truth. The ulgy truth is

"BlackBerry is designed like a tool, hardware like a toy"

And as much as I love BB, I'm not a hypocrite to admit this so you should too, after unbox therapy spitting all the truth, all I can say to his words is AMEN

Why the hell TCL make Passport SE design and did not put Passport SE speakers into KEY2, why downgrade device??? at least in one area Lewis would be blown away because none of the smartphones TODAY have speakers like 5 year old Passport SE!!!?

Passport SE speakers, huawei P20 Pro cameras and decent screen would blown away everyone - THAT'S IT, but now it is a rip-off we all should admit.

Overall, I'm tired of BlackBerry making me a donkey, a monkey or whatever by giving me ****ty hardware all these years. BlackBerry is a "tool" you say? As a "tool" it is **** - it's a fact, like cheap Chinese replica you're buying instead of high quality German tool, just one thing.. BB is nor cheap like CAT you can buy with thermovisor for less.

If all the blame should go to TCL, I'm sad BlackBerry Mobile didn't go with Huawei like Porsche Design did and now have awesome hardware devices worth the price.

Oh you mad!! LULZ
    07-24-18 04:02 PM
    He is whining because he doesn't have a choice, like many other who want keys, keyboards...shortly tools. That's one reason I still carry my Q10 alongside Galaxy S7 Oreo and I often pick the Q10 first, a 4 years old phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    footnote likes this.
    07-24-18 04:04 PM
    Without TCL, Blackberry will go bankruptcy lol.
    dmateo likes this.
    07-24-18 04:05 PM
    It will be time when all the emotional buyers, including thousands on this forum, vote with their wallet.

One correction - Passport is not 5 years old, yet alone the SE. Otherwise, spot on.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly I will, as much as I love the design and keyboard, but the hardware is...omg.

I agree I misscounted years but what's the difference then still no one did better and since i had Passport SE it did best phone calls for me, if not app gap, it would be my daily driver today just for speakers, Calls with loudspeakers on was a dream, same thing with KEYone is terrible..

It makes no sense to make worse hardware IMHO.
    JoCool929 likes this.
    07-24-18 04:22 PM

Why the hell TCL make Passport SE design and did not put Passport SE speakers into KEY2, why downgrade device??? at least in one area Lewis would be blown away because none of the smartphones TODAY have speakers like 5 year old Passport SE!!!?

The KEY2 is far from a perfect device (yes to a lot of what you would have liked to see on the device) but speaking of cheap hardware is just being untruthful.
    hplovecraft and the_boon like this.
    07-24-18 04:23 PM
    Look at their books they are making a profit just not on the phone end this is why they hired TCL to make their devices.
    07-24-18 04:28 PM
    He is whining because he doesn't have a choice, like many other who want keys, keyboards...shortly tools. That's one reason I still carry my Q10 alongside Galaxy S7 Oreo and I often pick the Q10 first, a 4 years old phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    AMEN to your words, if Porsche Design would make Huawei hardware with KEY2 keyboard I would be first in line for this hybrid!
    07-24-18 04:32 PM
    Last time I checked..no one was pointing a gun to your head..buy whatever you like...but for many..me included... I like the keyTwo!... so I bought it!... no regrets at all .. and yes, I could buy samsung or iphone or...

Tired of the whining.....don't like it?..no reason is necessary..no explanation required...buy something else and move on....

Posted via CB10
    I'm tired of the lie of positioning BB as a tool, because it is not! If you work in constructions and you want to photograph something in the building and all pictures are blurry so what the hell, if you are thinking it is as a tool then make it as swissknife, not a stick with keyboard.

BB by pricing is like Samsung, hardware worse then one+6, no sense

+ it is not 2007, it's 2018 and it's not acceptable what hardware they're offering
    Fred Wu, melhiore, Flatman and 2 others like this.
    07-24-18 04:43 PM
    Exactly. Do people not understand the only reason blackberry phones still exist is because of TCL. If they didn't strike a deal with Blackberry you would be typing on glass. It's as simple as that. So are they perfect? No. But be thankful you have have a PKB to type on
    07-24-18 05:06 PM
    I bought th Key2 and am very happy with it - much better phone imho than the KeyOne.

I do know that in the slab market i can get a Huawei P20 for the same price (including Zeis Camera and uhd screen, and all). And yes, for many many people this will be a better deal than the Key2 - perdiod....

But not for me. The pkb for me makes the device so much more enjoyable. I use shortcuts, i enjoy typing. Having use the S8+ the last half year i so enjoy a haptical sensation again.

So again: are there better deals out there for most people? Yes! Do i pay a premium because i am not part of the big market who descide for the Samsung x I or Huawei? Yes! Did i pay it? Yes. The market was - and will be - ninch, so i know i pay a higher price. Is it a fair price in the sense of economics? Yes.

So can we stop with the exaggerated whining when it comes to this mobile phone ?
    07-24-18 05:30 PM

So much venting I don't even know where to begin. First of all, the Lew guy from Unbox Therapy simply bashed the phone for its weak points, without taking ANY time to highlight any of the interesting features. It was a bash fest, not a review. Let's make that very clear.

As for the KEY2, well yes right now the camera is disappointing to some people who expected better, but we are hopeful for a software update which will somewhat improve the quality of the shots.

This won't stop me from getting it. I can go for any slab, but I won't, because as Mr Mobile said, typing on glass still feels like... typing on glass.

Let's be thankful this licensing deal between BBMo and BB ltd exists, because if it didn't, the Priv would have been the last keyboard phone.

The "tool not toy" thing is stupid, absolutely agree. In the sense that ppl can do some work on their slabs.

However, I'd argue it feels a bit more like a "tool" in the hand though because of the flat sides and rubber back which aids in making it non-slip, unlike all the other slabs which you NEED to slap a case on as soon as you pull them out of the box.
    hellomarty, TCM01 and horked like this.
    07-24-18 06:40 PM
    If only they got the camera right, it would have received much better reviews including from Lew. I have no idea how they went down on camera quality from the KeyOne. How do you do that? How is that possible?
    Fred Wu and melhiore like this.
    07-24-18 06:47 PM
    If only they got the camera right, it would have received much better reviews including from Lew. I have no idea how they went down on camera quality from the KeyOne. How do you do that? How is that possible?
    I agree that we wouldn't give it a hard time if it had a stellar camera. Right now, for what I paid I feel like the OP because it's absurd, what they charge & what hardware we get.

We could buy something else without a keyboard but the point is we obviously all want a keyboard, so unfortunately this overpriced phone is the only choice we have. If we had a proper camera at least we would stop whining.

When the the Passport had an amazing speaker, BB fans loved & raved about how great the speaker was. Now, when the speaker is crap, BB fans are saying it's a "communication tool" not a toy.
    07-24-18 07:01 PM
    OP has a valid point. at least make a phone where the camera is half decent. the selfie cam makes everyone look like Freddie crugar lol

Speak is pants

keyboard double types

you gotta hand it to apple for making phones that work out the box
    07-24-18 07:08 PM
    Exactly. Do people not understand the only reason blackberry phones still exist is because of TCL. If they didn't strike a deal with Blackberry you would be typing on glass. It's as simple as that. So are they perfect? No. But be thankful you have have a PKB to type on
    Don't care if it goes bankruptcy. Everyone will just move on, and not look back, simple as that.
    melhiore and pdr733 like this.
    07-24-18 07:20 PM

You know BlackBerry Mobile is TCL, right? They literally cannot do as you are suggesting. I get what you're saying, though, you wish someone else, not TCL, would have got the license for North America.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-24-18 07:46 PM
    This comment makes even less sense than telling TCL to switch from BlackBerry Mobile for manufacturing lol. TCL isn't their only licensee and their licensing only makes up a portion of BlackBerry's overall revenue.
    krazyatom, Gajja and Mecca EL like this.
    07-24-18 07:50 PM
    This comment makes even less sense than telling TCL to switch from BlackBerry Mobile for manufacturing lol. TCL isn't their only licensee and their licensing only makes up a portion of BlackBerry's overall revenue.
    I thought TCL is sponsor to crackberry.
    07-24-18 07:59 PM
    I thought TCL is sponsor to crackberry.
    What does that have to do with anything you said?
    krazyatom and Mecca EL like this.
    07-24-18 07:59 PM
    What does that have to do with anything you said?
    Without TCL, no Blackberry phone for us.
    07-24-18 08:08 PM
    Without TCL, no Blackberry phone for us.
    1) That still has 0 relation to what you said. TCL or no TCL, BlackBerry as a company would still certainly be around.
    2) Not even remotely true given there are 2 other 'BlackBerry Branded' device licensees (Optiemus, BB Merah Putih) to say nothing about the other non-BlackBerry branded licensees such as Bullit Group, Punkt, NTD, etc. If it wasn't TCL for the North American market, it just would have been someone else building BlackBerry branded devices.

BlackBerry KEY2 "it's a tool, not toy" is a nonsense?-screenshot-2018-07-24-22.17.53.png
    krazyatom, ppeters914 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-24-18 08:13 PM
489 123 ...