Blackberry key2 indian version no update from December 2018. Anyone got latest update or End of life?
    05-16-19 10:46 AM
    Blackberry key2 indian version no update from December 2018. Anyone got latest update or End of life?
    Optiemus is just slow.
    05-16-19 12:03 PM
    You can get Autoloader for it.
    05-16-19 01:01 PM
    BlackBerry should not allow licensing to a company, like Optiemus Global, unless they provide timely updates. For the Key2 Indian variant to still have only a December 2018 security update is not up to standards they set. Also, anybody suggesting an Autoloader is missing the point. We shouldn’t have to rely on hacks to fix an issue
    John Albert likes this.
    05-23-19 12:44 PM
    We shouldn’t have to rely on hacks to fix an issue
    No, you shouldn't but at least you have options. Which is always better than no options.
    shrenik301 likes this.
    05-23-19 04:15 PM
    BlackBerry should not allow licensing to a company, like Optiemus Global, unless they provide timely updates. For the Key2 Indian variant to still have only a December 2018 security update is not up to standards they set. Also, anybody suggesting an Autoloader is missing the point. We shouldn’t have to rely on hacks to fix an issue
    So you’d prefer no BBMo device instead of a BBMo device. I’ve said this previously, beggars can’t be choosers..
    05-23-19 06:06 PM
    All I'm saying is if Blackberry promises support for their devices for 2 to 3 years, than they should live up to their word. No security updates for a phone less that a year old is not living up to that promise. When I bought a phone from BestBuy, I thought I could at least get updates.
    NonMerci likes this.
    05-23-19 06:31 PM
    All I'm saying is if Blackberry promises support for their devices for 2 to 3 years, than they should live up to their word. No security updates for a phone less that a year old is not living up to that promise. When I bought a phone from BestBuy, I thought I could at least get updates.
    Best Buy was selling Indian variants?
    NonMerci likes this.
    05-23-19 07:02 PM
    Best Buy was selling Indian variants?
    I believe there have been Indian variants sold on both BestBuy and Amazon for the the K2 and K2 LE and apparently mislabeled too. Couple of members here have posted their experiences.
    NonMerci likes this.
    05-23-19 07:07 PM
    I believe there have been Indian variants sold on both BestBuy and Amazon for the the K2 and K2 LE and apparently mislabeled too. Couple of members here have posted their experiences.
    Yeah, Amazon I understand. Best Buy seems a bit odd, but I suppose they're just like Amazon as well and open to third-party vendors. I get why people buy devices not from their region, generally cheaper, but man, it has time and time again proven to be not worth it. The warr. and possible service issues aren't worth the savings should you need to use it.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-23-19 07:10 PM
    I for one completely understand your frustration! It should not happen with our BlackBerry reputation, licensee or not. Unfortunately, BlackBerry has no teeth now a days to deal with this.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-23-19 07:10 PM
    The guy has the full right to express his frustration.
    Both Merah Putih and Optiemus should have their license revoked.
    By allowing them to continue that business in this manner is blatant BlackBerry reputation destruction.

TCL should handle the business in these regions as well.
    05-23-19 07:21 PM
    The guy has the full right to express his frustration.
    Both Merah Putih and Optiemus should have their license revoked.
    By allowing them to continue that business in this manner is blatant BlackBerry reputation destruction.

TCL should handle the business in these regions as well.
    You assume TCL ever wanted those areas?
    05-23-19 07:24 PM
    You assume TCL ever wanted those areas?
    I don't know.
    But keeping such a lame business design isn't good for BlackBerry Limited reputation at all.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-23-19 07:27 PM
    I don't know.
    But keeping such a lame business design isn't good for BlackBerry Limited reputation at all.
    BlackBerry Limited doesn’t care beyond cashing the licensing checks. Since BlackBerry Limited exited consumer hardware, there’s no consumer reputation to worry about. That’s a characteristic of brand value cycle. If a brand is so identified with outdated perception like our beloved PKB, then licensing is the phase that comes before phasing our completely.
    05-23-19 07:32 PM
    BlackBerry Limited doesn’t care beyond cashing the licensing checks. Since BlackBerry Limited exited consumer hardware, there’s no consumer reputation to worry about. That’s a characteristic of brand value cycle. If a brand is so identified with outdated perception like our beloved PKB, then licensing is the phase that comes before phasing our completely.
    So you think we are in the pre-final stage?
    05-23-19 07:35 PM
    So you think we are in the pre-final stage?
    BBMP and BB Optiemus have achieved lesser results than BBMo as far as my instincts tell me. BB Limited seems to be doing great and not reliant on licensing revenue. It appears that QNX and Cylance are the main revenue drivers now.

BBM Emtek is being dropped yet will continue to pay licensing revenue. Again, doesn’t seem to be of any concern to BB Limited now. BBMe doesn’t appear to be achieving commercial success by the lack of chatter here on CB for instance. Not sure where anything is at regarding the future.

I’m happy everyday that BBMo is licensing BB and making devices. I have no illusions that anyone besides us BB fans care.. the glass half full is what I prefer as glass half empty sounds negative..
    05-23-19 07:51 PM
    Well, the reality is, what little revenue BlackBerry gleans from licensees that tarnish the reputation will have a full impact on any business bearing the BlackBerry name. It's only a matter of time. I certainly hope we have not become devoid of common sense.
    05-23-19 07:58 PM
    Well, the reality is, what little revenue BlackBerry gleans from licensees that tarnish the reputation will have a full impact on any business bearing the BlackBerry name. It's only a matter of time. I certainly hope we have not become devoid of common sense.
    I seriously doubt anyone doing business with QNX and/or Cylance at the high level of Enterprise interface has any dealings with BBMo and other BB licensed products. If those persons have any dealings, they know and understand the differences.

Seriously, brand perception of BB is such that I expect a return to RIM or rebrand to BB Cylance or just Cylance at some point.
    05-23-19 08:05 PM
    I seriously doubt anyone doing business with QNX and/or Cylance at the high level of Enterprise interface has any dealings with BBMo and other BB licensed products. If those persons have any dealings, they know and understand the differences.

Seriously, brand perception of BB is such that I expect a return to RIM or rebrand to BB Cylance or just Cylance at some point.
    Just 3 days ago there was a National news story on TV regarding BlackBerry and autonomous driving software, BlackBerry being mentioned by name. Pretty sure people still know the Iconic BlackBerry Brand. We would be foolish to think otherwise. And to imply that tarnishing the BlackBerry brand as inconsequential, would be detrimental. Just my old school opinion when we were captains of industry, of course times have changed, or have they. We shall see.
    05-23-19 08:28 PM
    Confirm. My k2 was a 100-6 but came in a sealed original box with no Optiemus labeling. No trace of Optiemus inside the phone, too. Didn’t register on their servers at first boot-up either, unlike the other Optiemus phones. Still on Dec 2018 security patch. The phone has BlackBerry logo and BBMo written all over the box. It’s perfectly fair for BBMo to get slapped for this. Tried to to order the red version, but first they were out of stock and then “the order wasn’t processed.” Long story short, I just walked in the nearest apple store and got myself a grown-up phone without hassle.
    05-24-19 01:08 AM
    Just 3 days ago there was a National news story on TV regarding BlackBerry and autonomous driving software, BlackBerry being mentioned by name. Pretty sure people still know the Iconic BlackBerry Brand. We would be foolish to think otherwise. And to imply that tarnishing the BlackBerry brand as inconsequential, would be detrimental. Just my old school opinion when we were captains of industry, of course times have changed, or have they. We shall see.
    The only point is that consumers see a story about what BB is doing, not phones, and can’t individually choose to purchase BlackBerry autonomous driving products.. Similar to when IBM exited consumer hardware in the early days. Since BB exited hardware and software is Enterprise customers, it’s obvious BB knows what they’re doing. What BB is doing just doesn’t concern any BB consumer facing businesses. Embrace Cylance if consumer facing is what you’d like to support. It wouldn’t surprise me if reorganized BB even moved it’s headquarters to Cylance location as part of rebrand effort. I’m not sure where that would be, I just know that Cylance was a huge $1 Billion purchase.
    05-24-19 07:06 AM
    Merah Putih is gone.... they don't exist anymore. But they had the first of the new BlackBerries and it was very clear from the beginning that updates were up to the licensee.

Optiemus has also not done a good job with their relicensed from BBMo products or their own. But it's been six months and no updates and a missing device... I expect they are following Merah Puthih.

I think the whole Android Secure and Brand licensing program has come up short and that BlackBerry is either shutting it down or restructuring it. Only one of the three software licensees has done anything and I doubt the Puknt has sold many units. Of the three full licensee, only BBMo has really reached any level of sales... but far fewer then what was planned. With them taking 2019 off... anyone really think they are going to keep sales consistent?

If BBMo moves forward, I think there will be changes.
    05-24-19 07:38 AM
    Merah Putih is gone.... they don't exist anymore. But they had the first of the new BlackBerries and it was very clear from the beginning that updates were up to the licensee.

Optiemus has also not done a good job with their relicensed from BBMo products or their own. But it's been six months and no updates and a missing device... I expect they are following Merah Puthih.

I think the whole Android Secure and Brand licensing program has come up short and that BlackBerry is either shutting it down or restructuring it. Only one of the three software licensees has done anything and I doubt the Puknt has sold many units. Of the three full licensee, only BBMo has really reached any level of sales... but far fewer then what was planned. With them taking 2019 off... anyone really think they are going to keep sales consistent?

If BBMo moves forward, I think there will be changes.
    Ch Ch Ch Changes
    05-24-19 07:41 AM
    BlackBerry means security. the security word got defeated, all just words to sell. still BlackBerry or licensee also follows the same pattern. it is once again lead to shut out the brand as original BlackBerry did.
    05-25-19 08:56 AM
30 12