I agree, in the situation of iPhone the Key2 is a much better VALUE. Now, to some, iOS and its excellent ecosystem performance and integration across all devices including osx, the high price is worth it.

I did it for a while. Had an iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, Watch etc etc... Still used msft for onedrive and bing for searches as well as office for office.

Windows Mobile was great while it lasted, but msft dropped the ball big time, but that's another conversation for another time.

I switched to BB android (also had passport and classic and bbos before that).

Got rid of all my apple stuff (wife and kids still use iphones and ipads and macs) and bought the new Huawei matebook x pro which is absolutely the best computer I've ever owned and I think that between this little laptop and my soon to be new K2, this will be the ultimate productivity combo.

I am all over the place. I like turtles.
    Frank Costanza and gebco like this.
    06-15-18 09:28 PM
    The google pixel is priced that high and does NOT have all the bells and whistles.
    I think Google offering is actually very good. They offer 2 years of warranty and 3 guranteed OS upgrade (Android P, Q, R)
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-15-18 09:43 PM
    The google pixel is priced that high and does NOT have all the bells and whistles.
    It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it is IP67 rated, has a phenomenal camera, the best SOC at the time it was released etc. And much like Blackberry they are counting on clean software and security updates as important factors for people who purchase.
    06-16-18 12:47 AM
    Xiaomi sells same specs for $250

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    Really ? Which Xiaomi phone have a physical keyboard, a 3/2 screen and hardened Android ?

CPU alone doesn't explain pricing.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 03:09 AM
    Well this thread should be interesting. get ready for the "660 chip" remarks. according to CB forums, that is the only thing that determine whether a phone is high end or not.
    Ur weren't lying. Lol

I'm one of the few that believe $650 is a good askin price for all that we're gettin. Anything over $700 and I would of had to debate a bit maybe...but likely still would get it ;-) It's a darn good upgrade from the KEYone that I ready to be rid of

Of the 5 BlackBerry phones I have owed, the KEYone is the first...one...that I'm selling. That says something.
    06-16-18 05:28 AM
    Kind of makes you wonder if one of the marketing goals of the iPhone X was to shift the market expectation of price. The new benchmark for high end is now $1xxx... and we all follow along.
    06-16-18 05:59 AM
    LOL is all I have to say
    06-16-18 09:46 AM
    $400 was good price. Still overpriced.

Lol.

If you think BlackBerry Mobile is clearing more than $250 USD per device (after overhead), then you are completely mistaken.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    06-16-18 09:47 AM
    Iphone has top notch specs... and a notch...
    BlackBerry has a 660 cheap as* processor... not the same.

As stated in the reaction above yours...
    06-17-18 01:01 AM
    I really think they should have put a SD845 in the K2, along with 256gb storage ALONG with a sim expansion and dual sim capabilities. They could have easily made it wireless charging capable as well as waterproof it completely.

I think the screen should have been AMOLED and filled the entire front without any bezels. While at it, they definitely should have bumped the RAM to 8gb at least.

I would have EASILY paid $250-300 for a phone like that since it's just a rebadged alcatel.

/S
    conite and the_boon like this.
    06-17-18 11:48 AM
    I really think they should have put a SD845 in the K2, along with 256gb storage ALONG with a sim expansion and dual sim capabilities. They could have easily made it wireless charging capable as well as waterproof it completely.

I think the screen should have been AMOLED and filled the entire front without any bezels. While at it, they definitely should have bumped the RAM to 8gb at least.

I would have EASILY paid $250-300 for a phone like that since it's just a rebadged alcatel.

/S
    LMAO pretty much sums up the complaints around here.

Honestly, BBMo did the right thing by not putting an 845 in there, first of all because target audience tends to value battery life > raw power, and also because those complainers who are so nitpicky about the damn chipset wouldn't buy it anyway no matter the processor, they would just stick to their notched slab
    06-17-18 04:07 PM
    I was point out that key2 is worth buying it for $650. I paid almost $1300 for a iphone X 256gb and I didn't like it. Even if it's $850, I'll buy it! I got every Blackberry phone since BB10 days!
    Well good for you. Not everyone has $1300 to burn on a phone and then burn another $850 in less then a years time. Also spending money in this fashion isn't practical, there is a lot more I could do with 2g's in a year then to buy smartphones.

The KEY2 is a nice device but it's over priced. IMO, a device of its calibre should be $499 tops.
    06-17-18 06:59 PM
    Well good for you. Not everyone has $1300 to burn on a phone and then burn another $850 in less then a years time. Also spending money in this fashion isn't practical, there is a lot more I could do with 2g's in a year then to buy smartphones.

The KEY2 is a nice device but it's over priced. IMO, a device of its calibre should be $499 tops.
    I agree but if phone is $499, it would sell like hot pan cakes!
    06-17-18 07:01 PM
    I agree but if phone is $499, it would sell like hot pan cakes!
    It would sell even more at $299.
    06-17-18 07:14 PM
    Welcome to the world of custom, low-volume, niche devices.

If you don't value the pkb at all, it's not for you.

If you want a pkb, but can't justify the $649, get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ silver for $399, or black for $499.
    06-17-18 07:17 PM
    Welcome to the world of custom, low-volume, niche devices.

If you don't value the pkb at all, it's not for you.

If you want a pkb, but can't justify the $649, get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ silver for $399, or black for $499.
    The keyboard is the #1 item on the list if purchasing a KEY2 otherwise why bother, there are dozens of other options in the sea of slabs that offer both better specs and pricing. But that keyboard and that fact that BlackBerry is only "niche" today because of years of screwing the pooch, doesn't warrant a $650 USD price tag and that's if you're American.

Lucky for me I'm Canadian and my dollar is **** right now so why not ask me for $850 CDN.
    06-17-18 07:30 PM
    But that keyboard ... doesn't warrant a $650 USD price tag
    That's a judgement we all have to make.

Hopefully there are a million or two who won't agree with you.

The fact is, that price is what BlackBerry Mobile needs to bother staying in the business.
    06-17-18 07:39 PM
    That's a judgement we all have to make.

Hopefully there are a million or two who won't agree with you.

The fact is, that price is what BlackBerry Mobile needs to bother staying in the business.
    All the power to them. Hope it does sell well.

I'm never really an early adopter of new to market devices anyway, so by the time I decide to pull the trigger the KEY2 pricing will be reduced.
    06-17-18 07:46 PM
    Blackberry Key2 is so affordable compared to other flagship that cost nearly $1000. How does Blackberry Mobil make money by selling it for $650? The phone should be more like $850 IMO. It has top of the line design, camera, PKB, security. I heard Oneplus 6 sold more than 1 million since the launch and I believe Key2 can do better! I wish we can customize the Keyboard color like Red, Blue, Green!
    It's not a 1000.00 phone. In fact, it's not an 850.00 phone. BB doesn't spec out their phones so the prices are much lower than many flagship phones. Phones are priced based on specs and even though we've already had a comment about here come the snapdragon remarks, You know that BB has never built a maxed out phone in regards to specs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they optimize blah, blah, blah. They have a saying in the automotive world, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES!!!!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    06-17-18 08:17 PM
    It's not a 1000.00 phone. In fact, it's not an 850.00 phone. BB doesn't spec out their phones so the prices are much lower than many flagship phones. Phones are priced based on specs and even though we've already had a comment about here come the snapdragon remarks, You know that BB has never built a maxed out phone in regards to specs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they optimize blah, blah, blah. They have a saying in the automotive world, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES!!!!!
    Is the keyboard not a spec?

I would argue that the KEY devices have flagship keyboard specs, and others (like iPhone X and Samsung S9+) have low to mid-range specs.
    06-17-18 08:24 PM
    Is the keyboard not a spec?

I would argue that the KEY devices have flagship keyboard specs, and others (like iPhone X and Samsung S9+) have low to mid-range specs.
    I guess the rest of the smartphone using world disagrees with you. The keyboard is a feature not a spec. I used BB for years and may get the Key 2 but I'm not going to lie to myself and think its a flagship device nor would I lie to myself and claim that the two most popular phones are low to mid range when looking at specs. there is a reason, actually, plenty of reasons that BB is where it is
    Carmels likes this.
    06-17-18 08:40 PM
    I guess the rest of the smartphone using world disagrees with you. The keyboard is a feature not a spec. I used BB for years and may get the Key 2 but I'm not going to lie to myself and think its a flagship device nor would I lie to myself and claim that the two most popular phones are low to mid range when looking at specs. there is a reason, actually, plenty of reasons that BB is where it is
    I would agree only to the extent that the vast majority of people don't put the same value on a keyboard spec as they do a SoC spec.
    06-17-18 08:59 PM
    $850 lmao. You must be kidding. This is way too much for a phone with a reused mediocre screen in sharpness and brightness (especially brightness), with no OIS on the cameras (essential for 4K Videos since EIS is not working there), with cheap capacitve nav buttons, with no wireless charging and mono speakers etc. Hell even $650 is too much, and most would agree on that.

Because of the likes of you people can get scammed over with $1300 iPhones
    06-17-18 11:51 PM
    $850 lmao. You must be kidding. This is way too much for a phone with a reused mediocre screen in sharpness and brightness (especially brightness), with no OIS on the cameras (essential for 4K Videos since EIS is not working there), with cheap capacitve nav buttons, with no wireless charging and mono speakers etc. Hell even $650 is too much, and most would agree on that.

Because of the likes of you people can get scammed over with $1300 iPhones
    If you don't value the PKB... then no there really is no way to justify it.

If you value the PKB.... K2 is the best phone ever made with the keyboard.
    ikalinin likes this.
    06-18-18 07:57 AM
    If you don't value the PKB... then no there really is no way to justify it.

If you value the PKB.... K2 is the best phone ever made with the keyboard.
    exactly. you're paying for the hardware. specs are secondary. but I wish the key1 was a little more of a multi tasker.. having spotify running, and maps, you can'y do anything else on your device ... so hopefully, the k2 solves this issue. $650 is still pretty reasonable.
    06-18-18 08:58 AM
52 123