BlackBerry KEY2 will most likely retain the design of its predecessor but will be upgraded in terms of hardware.

BlackBerry KEY2 is said to have 6 GB of RAM and has an improved processor. The next BlackBerry brand, TCL Communication, has consistently received the necessary certifications that the official launch date will not be far off.

BlackBerry KEY2 can use Snapdragon 660 chip and 6 GB RAM-key2-15260470665611050201441.jpg

After a lot of image leaks, a detailed specs of the BlackBerry KEY2 have just revealed that the improvements of this device compared to its predecessor.

TCL Communication has enhanced the processing power of the BlackBerry KEY2 with the 860 Snapdragon 660 processor (replacing the Snapdragon 625 seen in BlackBerry KEYOne last year). Combined with this processor is the capacity of 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage and users can upgrade to 2 TB through the microSD card slot.

The back of the BlackBerry KEY2 will be equipped with a dual camera system with 12 MP main sensor and 8 MP sub-sensor. Meanwhile, the selfie camera in front has a resolution of 8 MP. It uses a 4.5-inch screen with a 3: 2 aspect ratio, with a resolution of 1080 x 1620 pixels, similar to last year's version. However, LCL seems to reduce the battery capacity to 3360mAh compared to 3505mAh on BlackBerry KEYOne).

Most likely BlackBerry KEY2 will be officially introduced in June and will be sold for about $ 550.
    05-25-18 02:39 AM
    Pretty much sums up what we have known for a while...

But think the "guess" on the price is a little low.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-25-18 07:04 AM
    bummer, why are they reducing the battery capacity? I love the battery life on my BE KeyOne...hopefully the processor sips power less than the 625 so that battery life is equal or greater than KeyOne
    05-25-18 10:24 AM
    bummer, why are they reducing the battery capacity? I love the battery life on my BE KeyOne...hopefully the processor sips power less than the 625 so that battery life is equal or greater than KeyOne
    Most likely to make room for the 2nd Camera on the back... I suspect marketing figures that dual cameras are a bigger selling point than having that much much OST.
    05-25-18 10:56 AM
    Most likely to make room for the 2nd Camera on the back... I suspect marketing figures that dual cameras are a bigger selling point than having that much much OST.
    Dimensions list the thickness 1mm less than the KEYᴼᴳ. Look for Weight Watchers as a sponsor, and Oprah the new Alicia Keys.
    ppeters914, Carmels and mundo472 like this.
    05-26-18 11:05 PM
    BlackBerry KEY2 will most likely retain the design of its predecessor but will be upgraded in terms of hardware.

BlackBerry KEY2 is said to have 6 GB of RAM and has an improved processor. The next BlackBerry brand, TCL Communication, has consistently received the necessary certifications that the official launch date will not be far off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key2-15260470665611050201441.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	436454

After a lot of image leaks, a detailed specs of the BlackBerry KEY2 have just revealed that the improvements of this device compared to its predecessor.

TCL Communication has enhanced the processing power of the BlackBerry KEY2 with the 860 Snapdragon 660 processor (replacing the Snapdragon 625 seen in BlackBerry KEYOne last year). Combined with this processor is the capacity of 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage and users can upgrade to 2 TB through the microSD card slot.

The back of the BlackBerry KEY2 will be equipped with a dual camera system with 12 MP main sensor and 8 MP sub-sensor. Meanwhile, the selfie camera in front has a resolution of 8 MP. It uses a 4.5-inch screen with a 3: 2 aspect ratio, with a resolution of 1080 x 1620 pixels, similar to last year's version. However, LCL seems to reduce the battery capacity to 3360mAh compared to 3505mAh on BlackBerry KEYOne).

Most likely BlackBerry KEY2 will be officially introduced in June and will be sold for about $ 550.
    The pricing IF it is kept at USD 550 will be very good but I am not very sure due to the add on's like extra RAM , super camera etc.
    05-27-18 02:13 AM
    The pricing IF it is kept at USD 550 will be very good but I am not very sure due to the add on's like extra RAM , super camera etc.
    All the talk has been that this was going to be a "more" premium device.... I read that as more expensive. SD660, 6GB RAM, Dual Cameras, PKB and BlackBerry Branding.... just don't see them hitting the $550 price point. My guess is they'll start off around $650, maybe even $699.
    Bob80220 and IndianTiwari like this.
    05-29-18 08:11 AM
    All the talk has been that this was going to be a "more" premium device.... I read that as more expensive. SD660, 6GB RAM, Dual Cameras, PKB and BlackBerry Branding.... just don't see them hitting the $550 price point. My guess is they'll start off around $650, maybe even $699.
    Thanks for correcting me on this . I have to agree with you. This is going to be a premium device. One point which I would like to add the device rear cam delivers stunning pictures from what we have seen so far .
    05-29-18 09:11 AM
    Blackberry needs to make a phone with a high end chipset. I used to defend the Keyone but it got too laggy to use and I doubt the 660 will be much better. I am using an essential phone now and it's night and day difference in speed and fluidity. What's the point making phones that stutter and freeze when other phones have better specs and are cheaper? We must really like hardware keyboards to put up with substandard phones.
    Grabber5.0 and mihaiberry76 like this.
    05-30-18 03:35 PM
    Blackberry needs to make a phone with a high end chipset. I used to defend the Keyone but it got too laggy to use and I doubt the 660 will be much better. I am using an essential phone now and it's night and day difference in speed and fluidity. What's the point making phones that stutter and freeze when other phones have better specs and are cheaper? We must really like hardware keyboards to put up with substandard phones.
    You must really like the Essential to put up with a phone that is close to impossible to take apart for repair, has very little accessories, and probably won't get much more support since the company announced that they will cease smartphone manufacturing
    hplovecraft and IndianTiwari like this.
    05-30-18 03:58 PM
    You must really like the Essential to put up with a phone that is close to impossible to take apart for repair, has very little accessories, and probably won't get much more support since the company announced that they will cease smartphone manufacturing
    They announced today that they are still making phones and will update the essential phone for two years.

That aside I wanted to like the keyone but if you use a snapdragon 835 or better yet a 845 you see how awful the lag often is on the keyone. I hope the address ram helps because I want to like the Key2.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    05-30-18 06:54 PM
    Apart from the GPU, the 660 goes toe-to-toe with the 835.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-30-18 08:20 PM
    Apart from the GPU, the 660 goes toe-to-toe with the 835.
    Not really
    05-30-18 08:50 PM
    Not really
    Yes really. Most reviewers doing real-world testing all seem pretty consistent on the matter.

Phonearena:

"Benchmark scores of the 660 model appeared online, showing the chip is capable of surprisingly high performance that hovers near the flagship Snapdragon 835 model's territory."

Android Central:

"It benchmarks close to the Snapdragon 835 in some respects, and handily beats every other budget SoC on the market. Lots to look forward to!"

Android GadgetHacks:

"Snapdragon 660 Benchmarked Not Far Below the Galaxy S8+ (835)."

Suffice it to say, it will be plenty powerful for a communications device. The boost to 6GB ram should take care of any multitasking stutter or lag.
    Last edited by conite; 05-30-18 at 09:10 PM.
    IndianTiwari and TheGraduate like this.
    05-30-18 08:53 PM
    Dimensions list the thickness 1mm less than the KEYᴼᴳ. Look for Weight Watchers as a sponsor, and Oprah the new Alicia Keys.
    I love it every time when I see pictures and video of Oprah giving a big bear hug to Harvey Weinstein. You can see it in her eyes - Me too babe! Lol
    05-30-18 09:05 PM
    Yes really. Most reviewers doing real-world testing all seem pretty consistent on the matter.

Phonearena:

"Benchmark scores of the 660 model appeared online, showing the chip is capable of surprisingly high performance that hovers near the flagship Snapdragon 835 model's territory."

Android Central:

"It benchmarks close to the Snapdragon 835 in some respects, and handily beats every other budget SoC on the market. Lots to look forward to!"

Android GadgetHacks:

Suffice it to say, it will be plenty powerful for a communications device. The boost to 6GB ram should take care of any multitasking stutter or lag.
    The S8 was 15% faster than the reference phone they used (per the article).

In the end it does depend on the implementation too... SD 660 supports faster RAM and Storage, but doesn't preclude a manufacture from using less expensive and slower components. Not all SD835 devices are equal - look at the S8 and the OnePlus 5.

There was a big difference in the early Nov "purported" GeekBench scores and the latest one that has shown up.... not that any of those are verifiable. But it's actually right in line with the SD 820 performance of the Samsung S7 Benchmarks, so might want to hold off comparing it to the S8 (know it was a quote) - strange that the S7 Single Core is clock slower but scores higher. But we'll know more about the KEYtwo performance, once it's out and there are other benchmarks to see.

But yeah it should be a fine processor for most business users.
    05-31-18 04:00 PM

But yeah it should be a fine processor for most business users.
    For pretty much anyone except hard core gamers.
    IndianTiwari and TheGraduate like this.
    05-31-18 04:08 PM
    In fact, hardcore gamers wouldn't even buy a Samsung S8+/S9, they would buy the Razer phone (or a similar gaming phone).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-31-18 05:19 PM
    I hope you're wrong on the price, and afraid you're right.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-01-18 11:01 PM
    And gamers would have no use for the screen aspect ratio, anyway. I really wonder what it is that people asking for an 8-series SD SoC actually use their phones for.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-02-18 12:22 AM

Phonearena:

Android Central:

Android GadgetHacks:

Except the actual scores were not the same. I showed you a video. In fact a rep from Qualcomm said it's comparable to the sd821

In fact the first article you quoted I googled and they showed multicore tests were 15% slower than the 835 and single core scores were 40% slower.

The 660 might be a good chip but let's wait and see because the Keyone definitely had issues, even the model with 4 GB ram had stutter issues
    06-02-18 01:45 AM
    Except the actual scores were not the same. I showed you a video. In fact a rep from Qualcomm said it's comparable to the sd821

In fact the first article you quoted I googled and they showed multicore tests were 15% slower than the 835 and single core scores were 40% slower.

The 660 might be a good chip but let's wait and see because the Keyone definitely had issues, even the model with 4 GB ram had stutter issues
    Should have waited for the 710 which is the real deal.
    06-02-18 09:27 AM
    It was just announced. It would push the KEY² back months.
    06-02-18 09:41 AM
    The Snapdragon 660 is miles ahead of the 625. I'm not worried about performance, but with a faster chip and a smaller battery I am worried about battery life.
    06-03-18 02:59 PM
    It was just announced, so by the time the Key2 could be released with it in a couple of months, you or someone like you will be screaming "no, they should've waited for the xyz, which is the successor to the 710 and the real deal". And so on and so forth, which would only lead to the Key2 never seeing the light of day at all as there's always something better at the time of projected release.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Fred Wu and London_Call_Me like this.
    06-03-18 03:59 PM
85 123 ...