Hello,

Would like to know if anyone has this issue? If you run your finger across the bottom side, you will feel an un-smooth feeling, like it kind of scratches your finder. Is this normal?

BlackBerry KEY2 Bottom Side Metal popping out-bottom_1_text.jpg
    BlackBerry KEY2 Bottom Side Metal popping out-bottom_2_text.jpg

I have attached pictures for reference.

I got this phone just today so it was out of the box like this.
    Last edited by Samer Moujaes; 07-05-18 at 03:23 PM.
    07-05-18 03:10 PM
    Could be isolated or poor fit and finish
    07-05-18 03:27 PM
    Hard to say based on the pics alone. At this point, though, if it bothers you that much or you feel it might be a concern down the road, get it exchanged ASAP.
    07-05-18 03:27 PM
    It just feels un-smooth when you place your finger in that area. I know that the entire keyboard is a separate piece from the aluminum body, however the sides of the keyboard with respect to the aluminum body feels smooth, the bottom side isn't.

So just want to see since you have 3 devices with you, do you feel that the bottom part isn't seamless ?

I already submitted a claim and will have it checked by the inspection team of the store where I bought it from. (Axiom, Dubai, UAE).
    07-05-18 03:35 PM
    Return it ASAFP
    Samer Moujaes likes this.
    07-05-18 04:08 PM
    Let us know if the next one is any better. I noticed that gap in all the images of k2's that have been coming out for the last month. I just wrote it off as well not everyone has such precise manufacturing tolerances like Apple. So I m curious if your next one is better.
    07-05-18 04:32 PM
    I guess black color is more noticeable?
    07-05-18 04:35 PM
    Hmmm, my K1 also feels like that in the bottom corners, to the point that you could slide a finger nail on it and probably lift it. Watching! Thanks,
    07-05-18 04:53 PM
    The plate around the keyboard isn't metal. It's plastic. I would definitely get tthat exchanged.
    07-05-18 05:16 PM
    It just feels un-smooth when you place your finger in that area. I know that the entire keyboard is a separate piece from the aluminum body, however the sides of the keyboard with respect to the aluminum body feels smooth, the bottom side isn't.

So just want to see since you have 3 devices with you, do you feel that the bottom part isn't seamless ?

I already submitted a claim and will have it checked by the inspection team of the store where I bought it from. (Axiom, Dubai, UAE).
    That's why I will always opt for in store pickup. So it would be exchanged directly If it happened to me . I will also got mine from axiom , abu dhabi.
    DWonder likes this.
    07-05-18 05:17 PM

All mine are smooth. Yours even just plain looks rough. Like whoever put it together didn't buff that portion or something.
    07-05-18 07:07 PM
    We have this on 4 out of 6 K2 silver, the black ones are okay. The problem is that the "key plate / cover (plastic)" is not fixed probably towards the top frame. There is a small gab between the alu frame and the plastic cover above the keyboard on the right and left, so that the cover is moved towards the bottom of the device. result: sharp edges at the bottom.

IMHO this is a simple quality issue .
    07-06-18 01:10 AM
    I will provide an update once I receive the replacement device (if they claim it is a defect and me not being a perfectionist).
    deiop and krazyatom like this.
    07-06-18 01:49 AM
    I'm waiting for the screens to pop out next.
    07-06-18 06:44 AM
    I'm waiting for the screens to pop out next.
    Keep waiting
    07-06-18 08:54 AM
    What do you expect for $650 ...
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    07-06-18 01:03 PM
    First batch is problem for most of smartphone, not just key2.
    07-06-18 01:15 PM
    Hi, I can confirm, also with the black version there is a very tiny difference between the metal and the plastic frame of the keyboard. Very tiny. I did not recon that until I read this post.
    07-06-18 01:20 PM
    Yup! Min 23:37 in this review:

07-06-18 06:16 PM
    I wondered about the gap you'd see in many of the vids. I've seen a few backs now that don't appear to have the gap.
    07-07-18 11:50 PM
    Axiom came and picked it up yesterday, they will inspect it today and give me a call regarding their results. I did visit 3 Axiom retail stores and checked the demo units, 1 out of the 3 units had this "issue".
    07-08-18 01:20 AM
    I wondered about the gap you'd see in many of the vids. I've seen a few backs now that don't appear to have the gap.
    Its not a gap actually, its just that the bottom edge of the plastic keyboard is protruding (~1mm) and you could feel it when you slide your finger across the bottom side.
    07-08-18 01:23 AM
    Hi, I can confirm, also with the black version there is a very tiny difference between the metal and the plastic frame of the keyboard. Very tiny. I did not recon that until I read this post.
    It is very tiny, but still not accepted when you pay 808 USD (Including 1 year Damage protection Warranty) for the device.
    07-08-18 01:26 AM
    I don't have this on my keytwo
    07-08-18 01:28 AM
    All mine are smooth. Yours even just plain looks rough. Like whoever put it together didn't buff that portion or something.
    Hi Bla1ze, the inspection team notified me that there is nothing wrong with the device. They are saying that it is perfect while clearly it has a problem. They won't replace the device more give me a refund since it's an open box now. I visited one of their retail stores to check the demo unit, and it didn't have this unsmoothness. I told them that and they are still refusing to admit that there is something wrong! What should/can I do next!? This is really unacceptable!
    07-11-18 08:57 AM
29 12