All, require some help. I purchased the key2 yesterday from selfridges and have been setting all my apps etc today. I've encountered a problem which i percieve to be in relation with android oreo. I can't for the life of me get it fixed.

The issue i face is i can only receive whatsapp notifications when the app is open in the background. If the app is closed i will not receive the message until i open the app and people who send messages to me only see the one tick against the message representing that the message is not being sent. However soon as i open the app it changes.

What i have i tried so far:

- Going into Whatsapp App and notifications then permissions, clicking on the symbol at the top right and making sure the app is running the background on startup

- re-installing the app.

- Whatsapp App and notifications ensure background data is checked.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as it is bugging me like hell. Also i presume a few others who purchase the keytwo will encounter this.
    06-28-18 05:01 AM
    The issue i face is i can only receive whatsapp notifications when the app is open in the background. If the app is closed i will not receive the message until i open the app and people who send messages to me only see the one tick against the message representing that the message is not being sent. However soon as i open the app it changes.
    I know that this is not what you expect, but I wish this behavior were a feature! Currently there is no easy way to disable many apps running out of control.

Sorry to not have any useful input about your problem...
    06-28-18 06:02 AM
    Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. This is a standard feature amongst all android phones. I had no issues with receiving notifications on the keyone nor the other android phone i have had in the past. I have just seemed to hit a glitch with this one. I'm sure it's a setting that needs a tweak somewhere. Thanks for your response however.
    06-28-18 06:07 AM
    Are you by any chance limiting battery usage in Power Centre??
    pn000, Ecm and arif b santoso like this.
    06-28-18 06:11 AM
    Maybe try going on apkpure.com and find the second to latest or an even older version and see if the problem comes from that specific whatsapp apk... other option is to factory reset but that takes some time
    pn000 likes this.
    06-28-18 06:11 AM
    Are you by any chance limiting battery usage in Power Centre??
    Bingo! Thank you. I had not even set up power centre yet. Fired the app up on your suggestion, clicked on manage automatic apps and set the checkbox as "on" for whatsapp. It seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated.
    06-28-18 06:18 AM
    Bingo! Thank you. I had not even set up power centre yet. Fired the app up on your suggestion, clicked on manage automatic apps and set the checkbox as "on" for whatsapp. It seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated.
    you set it to On? Strange how can limiting the app battery usage fix the issue? I thought if you turned it on, it means that the app will not be able to run in the background
    06-28-18 06:24 AM
    So the actual functionality of "manage automatic apps" is:

"To stop an app from opening automatically in the background, turn off the switch next to an app"

Therefore as i wanted whatsapp to run in the background i had to set it too on. Strange i know, i never had this issue with the keyone.

I've inserted a screenshot for anyone who has a similar issue. Hope it appears.

BlackBerry Key 2 Whatsapp notifcation issues-screenshot_20180628-122739.jpg
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    06-28-18 06:33 AM
    Probably bug/ setting on Oreo. The K1 had Nougat installed.
    06-28-18 07:40 AM
    So, on my KeyOne I can't disabled the notification for whatsapp. Vibration is always on. but in the settings is disabled. it's so annoying. very annoying.
    07-31-18 02:59 AM